Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Geaves: As you seem to be trying different settings - you probably already know this.... If you change unbound's config, it should to be followed by service unbound restart (or a reboot). Since it seems there may be some sort of problem, what does
  • Nixda -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error message when adding a repo.

Worked, thanks. (You need to update the omv-extras from github)
  • bart70 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid fail : how to destroy it ?.

DL started, with my crap ADSL it will be for a while ...
  • bart70 -

is system-rescue-cd.org/ fine ? but i wont have a GUI, so i'll have to destroy the raid with command lines and i don't know how to do (i guess you already realized i'm a bit noob in linux ;) )
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from bart70: “I got an old usb key to boot on it, how can i find a easy rescue CD ? ” system-rescue-cd.org/
  • bart70 -

i removed all excepted a share (not in samba, the share for the users acces) because i can't... I've looked about the rescue CD in omvExtras, i can't find too :( I got an old usb key to boot on it, how can i find a easy rescue CD ? and ... THANKS AGAIN…
  • devfromjokela -

Posted the thread Automatic Ngrok port forwarding using Ngrok Mailer.

Thread
    Hello guys! Here is guide how to enable Ngrok Mailer, which will port forward your server web-gui to internet without port forwarding using router! So, let's begin. - Download Ngrok Mailer Script from Github github.com/developerfromjokela/ngrok-mailer
  • devfromjokela -

Replied to the thread Automatic Ngrok port forwarding using Ngrok Mailer.

Hello guys! Here is guide how to enable Ngrok Mailer, which will port forward your server web-gui to internet without port forwarding using router! So, let's begin. - Download Ngrok Mailer Script from Github github.com/developerfromjokela/ngrok-mailer
  • geaves -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Sounds like something is seriously wrong with your pi-hole install. I would get it working (re-install?) with cloudflare or something before trying to switch to unbound. ” I don't mind doing a reinstall and switching…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from geaves: “I tried that a couple of times and for some reason the settings would fail....like changing the custom dns entry first I tried 192.168.1.40#5353, then 192.168.1.40#53, saving after each change, then after your comment to not add the…
  • geaves -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Enable DHCP in pi-hole. Settings -> DHCP lets you enable it. ” I tried that a couple of times and for some reason the settings would fail....like changing the custom dns entry first I tried 192.168.1.40#5353, then…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from geaves: “So run the plugin on my Pi and not on the main OMV box. ” No. I am saying don't use the dnsmasq plugin at all. Enable DHCP in pi-hole. Settings -> DHCP lets you enable it.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking.

I doubt you need to automate this task. That list is the 13 root dns servers. I think they have only changed a couple of times in the last couple of decades.
  • geaves -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Why not enable dhcp on your pi-hole box? I am. Then you don't need the dns plugin. ” So run the plugin on my Pi and not on the main OMV box. The Pi is currently throwing a wobble doing an apt clean, so trying to sort that out.
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking.

I had not thought about automating the update but that sounds like a good idea.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Connect to network that requires user and password (hotspot-style).

There is no way to do this from the web interface but if you can do it from the command line on a Debian system, it will work on OMV.
  • isaia.ismaele -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Connect to network that requires user and password (hotspot-style).

Thread
    Hi everyone! I'm trying to setup a system with openmediavault 4.1.13. I am currently inside a university, whose network requires a two-step authentication to access internet. First, you have to connect to a wireless network, then opening a browser…
  • DrPeril -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from DrPeril: “Has any progress been made on the -as plugin? ” No and I doubt anyone is going to work on it. If you install the openvpn-as package, it has its own web interface and doesn't really need a plugin.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from geaves: “Yes I am, and the only reason is because my isp's router does not allow a dns entry only ddns....this is looking more toward using the Pi for Pi-Hole and maintaining OMV's DNS plugin on the my main OMV box. ” Why not enable dhcp…