Recent Activities

• supertevran -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x openmediavault as backup for apple airport extreme.

Thread
    Hi. I want to "back up" the full content of an apple airport extreme base station to an omv nas. All apple users within the LAN are using the airports file storage. In the same LAN an already existing omv 4 server currently acts successfully as a time…
  • saimer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Deluge on OMV4.

Quote from dalepmay: “What I did to get Deluge working with OMV4 was I installed deluge, deluged, and deluge-web using the terminal, use the deluge console to enable web connection, and set the daemon to run at startup. Now I can administer it using…
  • xebra -

Replied to the thread Internet radios catalog thru DLNA.

Quote from raulfg3: “NO, DLNA only works on local LAN, not in internet. ” You don't understand me I want listen internet radios on DLNA-client devices inside my local network. Synology Audio Station have this feature. image.png Catalog displayed as…
  • VMax -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Can't access PiHole from outside my lan.

Thread
    Hi all, i installed PiHole in OMV as a docker container and everything work good, i'm able to ping and so to use PiHole as a DNS from all the connected devices into the lan; now, i installed a OVPN container too so to being able to access my home lan…
  • JDemiDawg -

Replied to the thread NanoPi M4 Diskstation NAS.

Looks like a fun project. So the Nanopi M4 has a 4x SATA hat, cool! Does it run OMV 4? What were the challenges of setting up OMV on a Nanopi M4?
  • JDemiDawg -

Liked kirkdis’s post in the thread NanoPi M4 Diskstation NAS.

Like (Post)
    I wanted to share my build with you guys. It´s a 3D printed case which cleans the setup and gives a little bit more safety to the drives and nanopi m4 board. find more information on my website www.scheisser.net and the model files at thingiverse.com
  • lllccc -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Videos Begin Renamed.

the only thing i have on the system is a usb that's a samsung and 1 micro sd that inst a evo it was a fresh install " i dd the updates on update management" and the only plugin i have is minidlna soo all i did was install the image to the sd …
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Syncthing unstable problems due to old version.

Quote from CTx: “To be sure ... Any specific steps required ? (stopping service, removing package, cleaning ...) Or just install/upgrade over current version ? ” You should be able to just run the command I gave you to upgrade your current version. …
  • Adoby -

This is just wild guessing based on almost no information at all. I have no idea if this is relevant: You have a share or folder somewhere named "EVO" or something similar. Possibly on a Samsung EVO SSD? And you have somewhere tried to request that…
  • geaves -

I'm sure I have seen this on here before, do you not have to scan or something like that before the media device accesses minidlna, if you don't do that then the device supplies/gives/applies it's own name.
  • CTx -

To be sure ... Any specific steps required ? (stopping service, removing package, cleaning ...) Or just install/upgrade over current version ? Thanks CTx
  • Quote from Rui.Dias: “Do you have any idea why it doesn't run automatically on boot? ” Are you running DHCP or a Static IP address for your OMV? I think that might be the problem based upon the error in the before image. It suggests to me that it's…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from CTx: “900 httpredir.debian.org/debian stretch/main armhf Packages ” The debian repo on your system (not mine) is pinning the Debian repo higher than the syncthing. Normally they are both 500 and then you would get the highest…
  • Quote from Rui.Dias: “Do you have any idea why it doesn't run automatically on boot? ” Try to enable the command output via email. Then you should be informed what is going wrong.
  • CTx -

apt-cache policy syncthing syncthing: Installed: 0.14.18+dfsg1-2+b1 Candidate: 0.14.18+dfsg1-2+b1 Version table: 1.3.0 500 500 apt.syncthing.net syncthing/release armhf Packages 1.2.2 500 500 apt.syncthing.net syncthing/release armhf…
  • ktrieun -

Replied to the thread Issues getting SSH PKA working.

The file /var/log/auth.log was empty so I checked the /var/log/auth.log.1 right after I unsuccessfully tried to SSH via public key and this is what came up Source Code (5 lines) I also checked the permissions on both the keys and this is the results of…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from CTx: “I installed Syncthing from the OMV extras and I see no updates waiting on "update management", and was (mistakenly) sure I had the latest available package .... ” The repo is enabled and everything looks ok. What is the output of:
  • lllccc -

for the setup my setup is a raspberry pi 3b+ using openmediavault +plugin minidlna
  • CTx -

Many thanks for your time and the clarification. I installed Syncthing from the OMV extras and I see no updates waiting on "update management", and was (mistakenly) sure I had the latest available package .... As for the output of omv-aptclean I…
  • lllccc -

Liked wwessel’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Videos Begin Renamed.

Like (Post)
    Looks like you caught a trojan that encrypts your files...