Recent Activities

• crashtest -

Replied to the thread Couple of questions (Auto-backup folders/accessing drives).

A. Yes. You can do it with Rsync, and the command line can be set in Scheduled Tasks for automation and keeping it in the GUI. An example command line: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DATA1/Documents/…
  • gt4020 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex Update.

Quote from dublimns: “Following that plex guide is the best way. When you enable the plex repo in omv-extras, it add the repo pretty much the same as the guide. Updates will show up in the Updates tab when using either. Just don't install the plugin.…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread Docker Failing to Start When Using Back-up docker Folder.

Just testing again this tool, i installed the wrong module github.com/Red5d/docker-autocompose so in a virtualenv install 'pip install pyaml docker' then the containers need to be running for the tool to export them So in bash try for i in $(docker
  • crashtest -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (development) External HDD not showing existing folders.

Like (Post)
    When you create a shared folder, use the drop down menueforum.openmediavault.org/index…195ed09d0c917dc7285aa6552
  • crashtest -

Liked jollyrogr’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Snapraid with 2x BTRFS and 1x EXT4 good?.

Like (Post)
    or use EXT4 for all of them.
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Snapraid with 2x BTRFS and 1x EXT4 good?.

Quote from Shinobi: “is there a reason to do that? ” You could do it (BTRFS and SNAPRAID) but it's kind of redundant and needlessly complex. SNAPRAID does more than BTRFS simple volumes. If using SNAPRAID, a simple file system would be best (EXT4…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x I have symlinks for my shared folders.

Quote from gett: “Yes. All shares working on Win 10. I mounted all disks. ” That's what matters. As long as you don't forward server ports to the internet, you should be fine. If you're new to OMV, you can look at this guide and compare it what you've…
  • gett -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x I have symlinks for my shared folders.

Quote from crashtest: “Are your shares working on your network? ” Yes. All shares working on Win 10. I mounted all disks.
  • subzero79 -

here is another tool (not tested) written in nodejs, this can be used maybe in conjunction with composerize. Takes an inspect command and translates it into a docker run line command. From there you can export the Run command line to compose with…
  • problemss -

Thank you both for you help. I was able to get it back up and running by moving it back into a btrfs filesystem. I guess I need to do some research on how to properly backup my images.
  • subzero79 -

this was discussed here forum.openmediavault.org/index…mpose%2Bdocker#post173490 but testing the python tool doesn't work any more. You can try playing with docker commit, export and import, it will take a while for sure.
  • problemss -

Thank you. I just found that out on a docker forum. Looks like you have to do a special save/import to bring it to another filesystem. I just figured out how to mount the remaining space on my SD card and I will be transferring it back onto my btrfs…
  • subzero79 -

MOving from btrfs to ext4 don't think that will work. Back long time ago I tried something similar and didn't work. Your current running instance of docker best thing you can do is export each container as docker compose yaml files, then set up a clean…
  • serkan190 -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images.

Like (Post)
    Quote from serkan190: “How to back up the memory card ” There's a process for cloning SD-cards in this -> guide. OS backup starts on page 75 (in this version). If your language is not English and there is no link to your language, follow the link to…
  • serkan190 -

Liked macom’s post in the thread New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images.

Like (Post)
    For example with Win32Diskimager on Windows or fsarchiver on Linux.
  • problemss -

So I found the setting in /etc/docker/daemon.json I had to add "storage-driver": "overlay2" It will not start (small win), but it is not pulling up my previous docker images. Going to dive into that a bit more.
  • problemss -

I have the noexec flag removed from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml as I needed exec for another app. I tried again and received the following from systemctl status docker docker.service - Docker Application Container Engine Loaded: loaded…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x mellanox connectX3 card help.

Don't focus on OMV for compatibility. It's Debian under the hood. My guess is that you will never see the speeds that a card like that is capable unless you have a large array of fast disks that are in a stripe set.
  • dublimns -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex Update.

Following that plex guide is the best way. When you enable the plex repo in omv-extras, it add the repo pretty much the same as the guide. Updates will show up in the Updates tab when using either. Just don't install the plugin. apt-get install…