Recent Activities

• geaves -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer.

Thread
    If there is a move to drop the Docker plugin for Portainer, why not use Cockpit, it's easier to use and understand and not as daunting as Portainer. I've tagged the OMV version as 5 purely for this thread.
  • AndrewZ -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x rsync push from OMV to remote Synology NAS - permission denied.

Quote from emperor09: “Doesn't really tell me anything more than it seems to not reach the remote DiskStation? any way way to properly debug this (logs etc.?)? ” I would start from manual mounting from the shell. Do you have NFS ports on the remote…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Poor speed while copying Files.

Have you tested the network speed? Perhaps using iPerf? You run iPerf on two computers in the same network and it tells you how fast the network connection is. You should get speeds corresponding to the type of network you use. If not you need to…
  • ctreu -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Poor speed while copying Files.

Thread
    Hi there, I'm completly new to OMV and hoping that you can help me with my issue: I am running OMV 4 on a raspberry 4 (1 GB RAM) with a 4TB Toshiba Canvio Basics 2.5'' HDD, connected via USB 3.0. All available system updates are done. The only thing…
  • Flashman007 -

Liked bvrulez’s post in the thread How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD.

Like (Post)
    My hardware setup is - CPU x64 - RAID6 with 7 disks (yes, I will change to snapraid) - SSD with operating system OMV4 connected to SATA port - backup flash USB option (if SSD does not work, I plug in usb and restart) - The BIOS boot order should be…
  • James_Sheeler -

Replied to the thread Error with backup plugin.

Also get this message sometimes when using SMART to check drives /etc/cron.weekly/openmediavault-update-smart-drivedb: mesg: ttyname failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  • James_Sheeler -

Posted the thread Error with backup plugin.

Thread
    I'm using fsarchiver and getting this error message mesg: ttyname failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device E: Could not get lock /var/cache/apt/archives/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable) E: Unable to lock directory…
  • ccompagnon -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x SMB/CIFS access denied for any user, except one.

New update – I had an idea. I mounted an external USB drive on the OMV server, formatted it, added a directory and set the access to my new user. And it works. Then, I guess my issues come from technical access rights at the level of the disk…
  • Involute -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Failed to execute XPath query '//services/shellinabox'..

Aah, I did not know that! That's a great piece of arcana. Thanks!
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Failed to execute XPath query '//services/shellinabox'..

In your web browser, not the webUI. What I meant was make sure you're on the webUI URL. On most browsers, holding Cntrl and clicking Refresh.. clears the cache for that URL and reloads it without affecting your other cache data. It's a good thing to…
  • Involute -

Thanks. I guess I'll skip it then. For future reference, though, where's the Refresh button in the webUI? Here's what I'm looking at:forum.openmediavault.org/index…adab534938ed8934c35ae0309
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Guide for Setting Remote Management.

In your VPN settings under routing you have 172.17.0.0/16. Where did that come from? I would have the private network of the machine there. But I do not use this VPN setup myself. If I needed inward VPN access to my network, it would be running on the…
  • KM0201 -

Try holding Control and clicking the Refresh button while on the OMV webUI... Regardless.. Shellinabox will not be ported to OMV 5 here in a few weeks when it releases, and I would not anticipate getting a ton of support trouble shooting this. If you…
  • Involute -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Failed to execute XPath query '//services/shellinabox'..

Thread
    Newb here. I'm following along with the Beginner OMV Raspberry Pi installation video, installing OMV 4 on a Pi 4. I'm 45 seconds from the end with no problems until the part where Shellinabox gets set-up under Services. As soon as I click on…
  • ravennevar -

Yes, I am using the exact IP address that I use for connecting to my OMV from my LAN. I am also trying this from two totally different networks, including a cell phone. Both the cell phone and Windows clients can establish a connection to OpenVPN-as on…
  • gderf -

You need to be using the same exact URL address that you would use when connecting from your LAN. Obfuscating private IP address with x.x is pointless, so stop doing that. You are trying this from another network such as a cell phone, right? If you can…
  • ravennevar -

Thank you @gderf for your response. I have tried my local OMV IP as "https://192.168.x.x:943/admin" when connected through OpenVPN and it still does not work. But then again, 192.168.x.x:943 is the OpenVPN address on my local network on OMV. Even if I do…
  • table681 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Handbrake keeps crashing.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Maybe try installing handbrake on the host and run it to see if it works. ” Just to confirm I have done that multiple times
  • gderf -

To connect to your OMV via an OpenVPN connection, you need to use the local, private IP address of your OMV machine once you have established the VPN connection. Using the WAN address that your OMV is connected to, or any domain name that resolves to…
  • ravennevar -

Quote from noiro: “Can you please define "securely" ? port forward from your router to the installation of OMV ( I assume it is https:// and you are not using default password) done Are you afraid of exposing OMV to internet ? Why? Change port for…