Recent Activities

• Ryan -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Docker issue installing Handbrake.

Did u ever find a way to install handbrake on your rpi?
  • lavameter -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved WiFi stopped connecting.

I might have fixed it. I restarted wpa_supplicant a few times, and one time it did give me a connection. After that I went to the web interface and deleted and re-added the wireless interface, and it has stayed up since. I still don't know what caused…
  • Kyle_Beke -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread Raid 6 Not showing up after a Drive Swap.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Kyle_Beke: “Thanks so much. I think its working, at least it shows up now and rebuilding but can't see my shared folders yet. ” You won't until it's rebuilt and active :) Quote from Kyle_Beke: “I have a few questions first what happens if a…
  • Not a Nerd -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved I killed Docker by moving location of docker base, removed it, cant reinstall.

Good catch, yes I did. That caused me troubles early on in my OMV adventure, thanks for mentioning it.
  • montrey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex Update.

Quote from TheSidewinder: “If you are running Plex in Docker, in the "Extra Arguments" section, add the value: -e VERSION=latest as below. Save and restart Plex. That should update it automatically to the latest version available (for the Docker Image…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to a comment by TechnoDadLife on TechnoDadLife’s wall.

Wall Reply
  • NoBoots -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Nanopi crashes on file transfers.

I've been using the NanoPi m4 v2. I used forum.openmediavault.org/index…-s-i386-32-bit-platforms/ as a guide and downloaded "Armbian_19.11.5_Nanopim4v2_buster_current_5.4.7.img" to start. I've found some posts that could explain some strange behavior…
  • gett -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Any way to create a docker-compose.yml from installed containers?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from gett: “Quote from macom: “Would be nice if you would share your experiences ” have to check did -v 2 works for 2.0 ” Passing -v 2 gets you a version 3 file :(
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Any way to create a docker-compose.yml from installed containers?.

Quote from gett: “Quote from macom: “Would be nice if you would share your experiences ” have to check did -v 2 works for 2.0 ” Passing -v 2 gets you a version 3 file :(
  • gett -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Any way to create a docker-compose.yml from installed containers?.

Like (Post)
    I use autocompose occasionally. Below is the output when it was run against my running plex-linuxserver container. But I don't think Portainer will accept the default v3 output. Not sure if Portainer will accept v1 output which autocompose can be…
  • gett -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Any way to create a docker-compose.yml from installed containers?.

Like (Post)
    github.com/Red5d/docker-autocompose Never tried it. Would be nice if you would share your experiences.
  • gett -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Any way to create a docker-compose.yml from installed containers?.

Quote from macom: “Would be nice if you would share your experiences ” Sure. BTW, nice tool, thanks to pointing to it. First, it's working. Second, I think that it will be useful to share the process of installation for n00bs like me. 1. Install git
  • ohmaxx -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Is it possible to change Plugin install path.

Hello thanks for your answer so for docker i know i can change the config path and i did it but for example i have installed plex and plex install a lot of thing in /var/lib so its in my os drive i would like to change that but i don't know how. I use…
  • Agricola -

Will a v.3 yml file run correctly from the command line?
  • geaves -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Debian RAID fault after restart?.

Like (Post)
    Raid 1 is just foolish except in a very limited set of circumstances(USB not withstanding). Format the drives independently, Set up an automatic rsync job that runs 1, 2, 10, 20x a day.. however often you want. I've been doing this for years w/o…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Raid 6 Not showing up after a Drive Swap.

Quote from Kyle_Beke: “Thanks so much. I think its working, at least it shows up now and rebuilding but can't see my shared folders yet. ” You won't until it's rebuilt and active :) Quote from Kyle_Beke: “I have a few questions first what happens if a…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from ohmaxx: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from ohmaxx: “I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i would like to change…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from ohmaxx: “Hello all, Im a newbie in openmediavault, i know a little bit linux. I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i…
  • ohmaxx -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from ohmaxx: “I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i would like to change that because my usb is…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Debian RAID fault after restart?.

Raid 1 is just foolish except in a very limited set of circumstances(USB not withstanding). Format the drives independently, Set up an automatic rsync job that runs 1, 2, 10, 20x a day.. however often you want. I've been doing this for years w/o…