Recent Activities

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Start a console (ssh?) on the OMV NAS and try to ping google.com from it. If it succeeds you are connected to the internet. Your laptop may have different network settings. openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…tion/general/network.html
  • guyp2k -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV Qemu-KVM.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from guyp2k: “just curious how you present the disks to OMV, from proxmox or passthrough? ” I have done both but most are virtual disks because I have a proxmox cluster and you can't migrate a VM to different host if…
  • Stalukes -

Thanks guys - is there a way to test? I downloaded the OMV extras to the machine (thought Putty with the code) so i think it is definitely connected to the internet. I'm on my laptop now and can access the home screen so i think the network is working.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Update Automatic updates?.

I have several OMV NAS. I update one first. Everything. If all goes well I update the rest. There has never been any problem. I like to do it when I know I have time to fix any problems. Say a Saturday morning with nothing much else going on.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Update Which OMV version for a new setup ? What would you suggest ?.

1. You decide. I won't upgrade or do any install of OMV5 until it leaves beta, but it seems very stable. 2. The easiest might be a small SBC OMV NAS. Then you can use rsync or rsnapshot to backup between them. A RPi4 with a powered external drive would…
  • Triebwerk -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Update Which OMV version for a new setup ? What would you suggest ?.

Thread
    Hello everyone After my system crash (find here) I deside to continue using OMV in Raid 1 mode. Now I got 2 major problems: 1. Which version should I use ? Version 4 or version 5 although is still beta ? After the mentioned crash I'm a little bit…
  • macom -

Personally I always update everything. It never broke anything except one time when I had not enough space on the OS drive. In that case I was glad to have a backup of my system drive. I would not automatize the update process. If you do it manually you…
  • Merion -

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but I'm curious about this too. I'm a rather inexperinced user who appreciates the the user friendlyness of OMV. Setting up my NAS was no problem at all even for someone who knows only the very basics of linux. But…
  • macom -

• Adoby -

You don't seem to be connected to the internet. Check network settings.
  • Stalukes -

Hi guys, I've been mucking around for the last few hours with OMV 5 with Techno Dad's video but portainer wont work. I keep getting the following error: arch :: amd64 option :: portainer state :: install No portainer containers or images to…
  • wepee -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread Btrfs + UnionFS + SnapRAID.

Like (Post)
    Quote from rkillcrazy: “So, given my current needs, ” Aggregating disks under a common mount point is one matter - that's a separate topic. As it is with most things, there are usually two or more ways to do the same…
  • fotafm -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Array failed to Grow in Size After Replacing Failing 2TB Disks with 4TB Disks.

All is well. I replaced the 2TB drive with a 4TB drive for a total of 5-4TB Drives. The grow button from within OMV's GUI did not work but, the mdadm command line did. sudo mdadm --grow /dev/md127 --size=max I was then able to grow the file system…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Aggregated Network (Bond) works but does not show up in Network/Interfaces page.

The interfaces page will only show configuration data an no real actual data as all other pages. The dashboard widget shows current values.
  • HackitZ -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x nextcloud error updating.

ok removing all the nextcloud folders cleared up my space issue.
  • johnnymcc -

Replied to the thread Help!! MySQL Problem is not installable.

I tried the mariadb docker image and followed a step by step I found in the forum. The instructions were for a bigger job than just setting up the mariadb container, but I did just that part. It didn't work and I went back to the plugin. I tried…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread AMD vs Intel for 50TB NAS build.

I have my eyes on this asrock mb with ipmi for amd newegg.com/amp/asrock-rack-x47…cessors/p/N82E16813140023 price has gone down a little bit since last time I checked.
  • My setup: Linux Manjaro host with OMV5 running in VirtualBox. Is it possible to use(pass?) a physical hard drive for data storage in OMV5 running in VirtualBox? If this is possible, how can I do it? My understanding is that if I use/pass a physical…
  • threeeye -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Backup solution for my PC - Plugin/Docker.

Quote from Morlan: “Which docker image do you use? ” I'm using the plugin, not Docker...
  • Tamiyo -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Aggregated Network (Bond) works but does not show up in Network/Interfaces page.

Thread
    Hi, during the setup of OMV5 i experimented with setting up multiple parallel interfaces and aggregation of e.g. 2 interfaces as a bond (aggregate). During changes e.g. from dynamic to static i often got error messages and the interfaces went down and…