Recent Activities

• soberz -

Posted the thread Surveillance camera system with OMV.

Thread
    Hello, everybody, I installed the OMV on an old PC to convert it to a NAS. Then I grabbed old webcams, soldered USB cables to them and my Windows notebook found them as USB cameras as expected. For this I bought two cheap IR emitters with integrated…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread Best practice for drive setup on a new build.

I don't use a scratch drive... Even with medioocre storage drives (5400) my data accesses plenty fast enough for me. I don't use Plex or Emby anymore, as I found I liked just pointing Kodi at a network share much much better. I do a good bit of torrent…
  • vecnar -

Replied to the thread Rockpro64 hard drives are not seen by omv until reboot.

I got new card and it was working well for a few days but then same problems. It seems to be not a hardware but software not giving enough time for hardware to be initialized. There are some kernel patches going around but i haven't installed any of them…
  • Deluge supports two types of SOCKS5, with or without authentication.
  • devnet -

Replied to the thread Upgrading Build, Questions on Migration and Best Practices.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from devnet: “The current setup is that I have software RAID (BTRFS underlying) ” If you're talking about a btrfs raid1 and are fine 'wasting' 50% disk capacity for redundancy you can simply remain with this setup, add…
  • savellm -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Boot drive mirror satadom.

Umm @tkaiser thanks. Yeah mostly media, not the end of the world if I lose everything. I'll backup and do backup just the primary important stuff.
  • Quote from gderf: “Consider using Deluge for torrents with a SOCKS5 proxy instead of a VPN. The setup is painless and it just works.” Turns out I spoke too soon and there's a bit of a snag. Deluge is asking for a username for the Shadowsocks with…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked Darknesse’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Docker nextcloud and letsencrypt.

Like (Post)
    After several hours of research and hacking in OMV I finally found the solution by peeling the various existing forums on dockers. And the miracle solution is falling on my nose ^^. It was really stupid, but you only had to rename the…
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Access OMV web interface through Letsencrypt dockers proxy.

Looks good. For me it works without typing https. What message do you get, when you try without?
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Is public, anonymous SMB access from Windows even possible anymore?.

Quote from ras07: “I'm just looking for a definitive answer on whether it's still possible ” Sorry, neither know nor care. All my work is directed at the opposite direction. I personally stopped using Windows 25 years ago, had to deal with it at the…
  • PackElend -

Replied to the thread Build a low-power NAS with a SBC.

Is the Udoo x86 (II in the meanwhile) still a considerable option? I'm searching for low-power x64 SBC with an Arduino interface able to run docker images. The only SBC I found is the udoo x86 ULTRA, the LattePanda 4G/64G is too weak. I would like to see…
  • omvuserdude -

Replied to the thread Trouble Configuring Sonarr & Transmission VPN Dockers.

just curious if anyone had some thoughts on this - i haven't been able to find any documentation/forum posts that help address this - but as we all know - if you don't know where to look in the first place it's likely you won't find the answer.
  • Brozard -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OMV in BerryBoot.

Thread
    Hello, today I just posted this message here ar I do not find how to install openmediavault in BerryBoot, ?( I'm a beginner, everything helps you me will be useful and I thank everyone who will do it.
  • ras07 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Is public, anonymous SMB access from Windows even possible anymore?.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from ras07: “Years ago this was easy, but Microsoft has made it progressively harder with seemingly every update ” And we all should be grateful for this since there is a million of SMB shares publicly available on the…
  • ras07 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Speed over Samba mount.

Quote from stefluik: “Hello, I am now using a virtualbox Ubuntu on the server to download and to copy the data to the server (same machine) via smb mount. after some gb it cancel with an error. why? ” So your VM and your SMB server are running on the…
  • Quote from gderf: “Consider using Deluge for torrents with a SOCKS5 proxy instead of a VPN. The setup is painless and it just works. ” Wow - all those hours I spent trying to figure out the workings of Docker and VPN configurations and it was…
  • djismgaming -

Replied to the thread My OMVNUC Nas.

Better display using Apache Guacamole (with and without docker containers):
  • djismgaming -

Replied to the thread Slow E350 system with Dockers.

As you can see on this screenshot, my sonarr container is eating RAM as an unchained child :D 3.28 GB to be exact! (screenshot using Guacamole for better display)
  • maartsurf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Access OMV web interface through Letsencrypt dockers proxy.

Yes, this is the file (masked): PHP Source Code (26 lines)
  • djismgaming -

Replied to the thread My OMVNUC Nas.

Just as some info for this build, just took this screenshot of the Bevy using glances. Windows 10 VM not running at the moment mind you. :D (using Termius SSH client on iOS)