Recent Activities

• steakhutzeee -

Posted the thread Advice about microSD card.

Thread
    Hello :) I have a little questions for you, hope this is the right section, what microSD card should i buy for my Odroid HC2? What size and standard? Thanks in advance!
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x USB Backup Plugin - Preemptive Query.

Quote from Sui_Generis: “If I go down this route, is OMV/USB Backup using /dev/ identifiers or UUID's? ” UUID´s Quote from Sui_Generis: “Since I will be using multiple drives what I don't want to happen is two or more external drives (only one…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Update OMV dont recognize existing partitions on HDDs.

Quote from KJaneway: “Thank you a lot. Now it works well and the UI recognizes all drives. ” So you jumped in with both feet :) :thumbup:
  • KJaneway -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Update OMV dont recognize existing partitions on HDDs.

Let me say it in this way: I am a noob who knows google youtube and man pages. I wouldn't have found the solution with your help. Thank you a lot. Now it works well and the UI recognizes all drives. EDIT: I changed the thread title to something more…
  • geaves -

Quote from KJaneway: “Thanks for the help. I found in the man pages of Wipe FS the solution to erase all signatures with ” :thumbup: Removing the offsets would surely be enough, I would do that first, but you seem to know what you're doing anyway. EDIT: I see…
  • Sui_Generis -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x USB Backup Plugin - Preemptive Query.

Thread
    Hey OMV Guru's, quick question for your all. So, I'm planning on having a few external USB drives (HDD's) to backup my central stuff on my OMV server, one external drive per one internal drive, so the external is an exact replica of the internal. My…
  • xteve.de/ Admittedly, Yes I am a major Linux noob, so that's probably my problem. I 'installed'/started Xteve as root and realized this was not recommended. How can I undo what I did? I used Winscp to delete the .xteve folder it created in root. But…
  • KJaneway -

Thanks for the help. I found in the man pages of Wipe FS the solution to erase all signatures with wipefs --all --backup /dev/sdx and after that restoring the 2 gpt and the PMBR Entry with dd if=~/wipefs-sdb-0x00000438.bak of=/dev/sdb
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread ACPI BIOS Error.

Is there a problem with OMV 5 and Plex in a docker?
  • DevLiQuiD -

Posted the thread ACPI BIOS Error.

Thread
    New to omv so i dont know what to do about this and it will not let me go any further . OMV5 works perfect but i need this for plex and so i had to install OMV4 After installing OMV4 it shows on the screen
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved externer Zugriff auf Ordner.

• andrzej -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Login problem.

Like (Post)
    I guess your browser is doing something strange to spoof or hide the REMOTE_ADDR. Are you connecting through a firewall/port forwarding?
  • sirrab -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Resolved Multiple computers, 1 NAS file system.

Wow, sorry for the looong delay. I'm thinking of adding another computer box running OMV, so there would be 2 boxes with HDD's(movies). ie 2 16TB computers running OMV. Is there a way to combine both boxes FS into 1. So another computer(player) would…
  • andrzej -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Login problem.

No, I just go to the website and try to log in. The same problem occurs on all computers in the local network. three chrome browsers and IE and one Opera can add IP to exceptions for input and output. But I don't know where to do it
  • ryecoaaron -

I guess your browser is doing something strange to spoof or hide the REMOTE_ADDR. Are you connecting through a firewall/port forwarding?
  • andrzej -

• geaves -

Quote from KJaneway: “Can I fix that without formatting and moving all my data? ” Yes, but there isn't a way to do this in one go you will have to remove each offset one at a time the use wipefs -n to check. So for /dev/sda the first drive you've posted…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from andrzej: “the issue still exists. ” You didn't fix the other issue... What is the output of: ip a and what url are you using to access the web interface?
  • Agricola -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Like (Post)
    Install Portainer from the command line if the external port requires changing from :9000, Portainers internal port is bound to the container and cannot be changed. A simple how to on how to install Portainer from the cli, with a warning or reference on…
  • Agricola -

Liked Morlan’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using errorOMV and docker-compose - Q&A.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Agricola: “But if you use the relative path and your data drive dies and you re-point all of your shares to the rsync'd backup drive your server is back up with nothing more to do. If you use absolute path, how does that scenario…