Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 200.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OK, I'm gonna try this but wasn't it supposed to be renewed automatically ? EDIT: It works, but still... it should have been done automatically I think.

• Google Drive mount

sbocquet - - General

Google is your friend itsfoss.com/use-google-drive-linux/ Rdrive seems nice but there are a lot of other solutions. Personnaly, I use (and contribute a little) on that project github.com/abraunegg/onedrive to sync my docs with OneDrive. Works very nice and Alex is doing a very nice job.

• Hi, I'm facing a strange thing. My certificate is just been renewed last week and I cannot connect to OMV WebUI due to the old certificat expiration date !! The renew was made by CLI with : certbot renew as I was forced to open my port 80 so that letsencrypt renewal works. Brainfuck Source Code (11 lines)But it seems that the new certificate haven't been update for the web server. forum.openmediavault.org/index…64ce0070cb49e608c1a8bd4ff How can I fix this ? Thx

• Best way to copy a lot of big files

sbocquet - - General

Try rsync with progress bar cyberciti.biz/faq/show-progress-during-file-transfer/

• No folders when connecting to FTP

sbocquet - - FTP

I managed to make it work in active mode.

sbocquet - - FTP

Tried remote yesterday's afternoon, then local yesterday's evening. That's not a firewall problem as there is a connection, and I opened the port 21 on my internet box to make the tests.

sbocquet - - FTP

Hi Subzero, I've tried with another user (and root), and still cannot get the folder list. forum.openmediavault.org/index…64ce0070cb49e608c1a8bd4ff Is there a default folder to set in Filezilla when the connection start ? forum.openmediavault.org/index…64ce0070cb49e608c1a8bd4ff I have set proftpd to be in passive mode and permit root login. It seems to be some kind of folder rights to me, but cannot resolve it. Cheers,

sbocquet - - FTP

Hi, I have the same problem. Probably a misconfiguration problem but cannot find where… Proftpd is configured with OMV GUI without any changes. I have tried with Filezilla and WinSCP, both fail. The connection seems to happen but no folder is visible. Here is my conf file. Source Code (105 lines) Any idea of what is going wrong ?

• Hi, Just to let you know that I have successfully update my ZFS pool from kernel 4.14/ZFS 0.7.6 to kernel 4.16/ZFS 0.7.9 1st => Update ZFS from 0.7.6 to 0.7.9., than reboot the NAS. The pool cannot be mounted (as expected) but don't panic 2nd => Update from kernel 4.14 to kernel 4.16, than reboot the NAS. The pool is mounted and healthy. Thanks all for your advices.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from sbocquet: “On the other hand, the ZFS plugin is doing some really good work for that... but when problems comes, and they come, you have to know what your doing. Plus you have to update/maintain the plugin... ” A lot of the zfs plugin problems are due to the kernel and zfs versions. Moving to Ubuntu would definitely fix that. Even if zfs was a core feature (not going to happen), it would still have to be maintained. If OMV 5.x is designed around btrfs, I think …

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from sbocquet: “OMV need ZFS as a 'native' storage solution. ” What do you mean by native? ” I know Debian cannot have ZFS directly after finished the install (and so OMV), but ZFS is a must have when you come to NAS storage. Maybe the Ubuntu way (and don't get me wrong, I really prefer Debian) should be consider as ZFS should be a basic feature out of the box for a NAS. I clearly don't speak for myself as I work all day on computers, but let's think of basic users.…

• I only use Debian as server (work and home) and Windows/Mint LMDE as Workstation (home), and I just can be agree with you... OMV need ZFS as a 'native' storage solution. I work all days on Solaris 11 with native ZFS storage, and I cannot go back to RAID/ext 4 without feeling 'in danger'. File checksum is a must have, and so the snapshots... They solve some of my problem before it happens !

• openmediavault-letsencrypt

sbocquet - - Plugins

Quote from sbocquet: “I don't know… For me, I'm with a 4.14 kernel from the backports repo, which installed me certbot v0.23 as I suppose, which is running with python 3.x At the moment, this should work as it seems that I have the necessary packages to… but there is a mystery that I have to understand before my cert expired… ” OK... I found the problem with the letsencrypt forum... So, as always, it was so simple that I haven't though of it (RTFM !). My port 80 was only opened to my internal ne…

• Hi there So, I was wondering if I can go with the ZFS update to v0.7.9 with my 4.14 kernel as I can see the ZFS package are available ? I have the linux-headers installed for that kernel. Source Code (26 lines) Do you see any risk ? If that doesn't work, can I rollback if I keep my current conf available at boot ? Thx P.S : Don't you think we could add a specific zone in the forum for all the ZFS stuff, like for RAID or in the Configuration section ? This could be a good improvment no ?

sbocquet - - Plugins

I don't know… For me, I'm with a 4.14 kernel from the backports repo, which installed me certbot v0.23 as I suppose, which is running with python 3.x At the moment, this should work as it seems that I have the necessary packages to… but there is a mystery that I have to understand before my cert expired…

sbocquet - - Plugins

Yes, it seems to be the same except that you're running python 2.7... Source Code (21 lines)and me python 3.0 Source Code (19 lines)

sbocquet - - Plugins

I was thinking it was Source Code (9 lines)

sbocquet - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from sbocquet: “I don't think that upgraded python to v3.x is a good solution, so I simply want to downgrade the certbot package to the one in the stretch repository (v 0.10). ” I pinned the newer certbot package with omv-extras (if backports is enabled - you can disable backports in omv-extras) to allow creation of wild card certs. But installing python 3 is not an upgrade. It is installed side-by-side with python 2. So, it won't hurt to install it. I guess I will …

sbocquet - - Plugins

Are you talking about the install of the new certbot package?

sbocquet - - Plugins

Source Code (64 lines)