Search Results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

• File System not initialising

KingEdward37 - - General

So, I looked under plugins, but there is no rsnapshot addin to add in. Whats the trick to this?

KingEdward37 - - General

Macom, I originally purchased these drives for use in a 32bit FreeNAS deployed on an ancient Dell for our church office staff. They didn't really understand how to use network storage and the FreeNAS was turned off and stored. It sat in a closet for almost 2 years, off. That PC was recently discarded, & I pulled the drives for this new project. Thanks for your explanation of the RAID mirror vs rsnapshot plugin and I will consider it. If this archiving works out, I will be moving to larger drives…

KingEdward37 - - General

OK, I'm having trouble seeing your responses in the forum. Sorry about that. I'm having to check my Notifications often, then I see responses that I'm not seeing. Now that the drives are successful in File System, I can mount them.

KingEdward37 - - General

After using DBAN, the quick wipe, & format still failed in exactly the same way. After using wipefs -a /dev/sdb and wipefs -a /dev/sdc, I performed quick wipes on both drives, then moved to File System and created on /sdb an ext4 format, or partition, not really sure which. Drive appeared in the background as before, and... Holy Smoke, the drive remains! Let me try /sdc now... It worked as well...so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your help. macom suggested that I not use a RAID mirror for my …

KingEdward37 - - General

Rebooted to OMV. Attempted to quick wipe with the resulting error: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; sgdisk --zap-all '/dev/sdb' 2>&1' with exit code '2': Caution: invalid main GPT header, but valid backup; regenerating main header from backup! Caution! After loading partitions, the CRC doesn't check out! Warning! Main partition table CRC mismatch! Loaded backup partition table instead of main partition table! Warn…

KingEdward37 - - General

OK, my bad, DBAN is an ISO image. I'm booting to the CD now on the OMV box, let you know... First boot crashed, just one of those things...Ctl-Alt-Del...worked 2nd time... Selected interactive mode... Selected both of my 2TB disks... used default setting of DoD Short... F10 and now we wait...looks like about 17 mins... Wait, that's incorrect, that says 16 hours... Whattttt? It was difficult to get the programs attention because I don't know the break command because I didn't read the directions …

KingEdward37 - - General

Used diskpart to examine drives. One of them has a partition, no volumes, or anything else. The other one didn't have any partitions. Removed the partition found, re-installed drives into OMV. ...quick wipe...File System, used btrfs, looked good at first, then: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mkfs -V -t btrfs -O skinny-metadata,^mixed-bg -L 'Bee' '/dev/sdb1' 2>&1' with exit code '1': /dev/sdb1 appears to contain …

KingEdward37 - - General

DBAN appears to be a windows program. I would need to pull the drives from the OMV box and use a USB external device to connect and wipe from a Windows PC. I don't think I need DBAN for this. I'll go with diskpart first, and see if it'll do the trick. I just don't follow the need for using another OS to fix a hard drive for Debian OMV, why can't OMV do it?

KingEdward37 - - General

I quick wiped the drives and then tried file create using btrfs I got the following error: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mkfs -V -t btrfs -O skinny-metadata,^mixed-bg -L 'Bee' '/dev/sdb1' 2>&1' with exit code '1': /dev/sdb1 appears to contain an existing filesystem (zfs_member). ERROR: use the -f option to force overwrite of /dev/sdb1 btrfs-progs v4.7.3 See btrfs.wiki.kernel.org for more information.

KingEdward37 - - General

good day all, I've done everything here and more The drives disappear after format. Tried: full secure wipe, more than once quick wipe, too many times to count Still getting Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatustVWtdc' (size=0). Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusVlY9Es' (size=0). Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusenQluz' (size=0). Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatus2iIpP7' (size=0). Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatus8sNMLb' (size=0). Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusNwTjxS' (size=0). Even after upd…

• I have the same problem, however, secure wipe didn't solve it. I'm trying hard to really like OMV. My first experience was excellent. My second experience taught me there is a bug in the program that causes the following type of error messages to appear when using the web GUI and it interferes with being able to properly save configurations, which I have experienced. Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatustVWtdc' (size=0). Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusVlY9Es' (size=0). Failed to read file '/tmp/…