Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 28.

• No internet access through OpenVPN

siryounger - - Plugins

Resolved by properly configuring the firewall, specifically opening http port 80. The previous post suggesting editing up tables in CLI was not necessary. Still curious about Tunnelblick removing support for OpenVPN 2.4.

• No internet access through OpenVPN

siryounger - - Plugins

I have setup and used OpenVPN plugin for years, but recently I no longer have access to my WAN while connected using my OpenVPN. I can still access my services in the LAN (such as Plex), but no outside internet access. In searching through the forums, I found a post that seemed to resolve that person's issue, but I really don't know what that CLI command does, and need some clarification before I use it. Any help would be appreciated. Might it be related to this issue? (if not, I will make a sep…

• Any update on outside access through OpenVPN? I'm cannot access my WAN, either. Where did you find the above post? Not sure what it does, so I'm not using it until I investigate further. I would love to know where you saw it.

• I resolved my issue, related to yours, by removing my Unifi Security Gateway from my network, and putting in a proper router. In other words, all my problems were a network issue. Replaced equipment, all working now.

• Just an update for my issue. I removed my Unifi Security Gateway, and replaced with a proper router. I was using the USG to route traffic onto two different LANs, and while support said that it automatically forwards traffic across LANs, I found that was not the case. I wasn't using it in a proper setup. I have resolved by putting in a proper router, and setup Docker/Plex with absolutely no issues using the steps outlined here. Thanks for the awesome forum, btw. And for anyone reading, make sure…

• What did you do? I posted on this a couple weeks ago here. Some details on what to do are there, but it never worked for me. How did you get yours to work following your error message?

• Yes, but my network is split into multiple LANS (the Unifi Security Gateway has a LAN port that I have wired to my OMV NAS, but it is assigned to a LAN2, distinct from the LAN1 which connects to my AP). Anyway, I need to reassign my OMV IP (192.168.11.x --> 192.168.1.x) so it is on LAN1. Can you give me an idea where I go about this? Reinstall OMV? IS there an existing ipconfig I can edit?

• My manual install wasn't working because I hadn't downloaded the package. I knew this, but wasn't sure exactly how to get the package. Got it now. I have completed the install with no issues via the method above from sjdaniels: Quote from sjdaniels: “Plex Server - "Fresh" Install of OMV SSH into your system. You can use either your FQD (Fully Qualified Domain) or your OMV machines IP address. I have a FQD so my example is cut and paste from my install... slightly modified for privacy. I will not…

• Manual install is not working. Will try again tomorrow.

• YEs You're right. This is why I made a donation to OMV. The forum is incredible and is one of the many reasons why I will make another donation.

• No no instructions needed here. I'll try manual install.

• I installed Plex from the OMV-extras tab, where the Plex repo is. My network setup is pretty simple, as I don't have much of any networking knowledge. But I am paranoid enough that I keep things locked down. I do not open remote access for Plex, only use it through my own OpenVPN server on OMV.

• I need some help. I have used Plex for a couple of years now, and have depended on it, and have had very little problem. Now here is my problem: I recently changed my networking equip to Unifi Security Gateway with a Unifi AP. This allows much more config options, but I think that I am now out of my league with maintaining access to my Plex server. omv After a new install of OMV 3.0.91, I do not have any access to my Plex server. I have configured my OMV firewall to forward proper ports (1900, 3…

• No media listed in CLI

siryounger - - General

That all makes sense, and I have resolved this issue. Edit: and made my donation to OMV! This has been my NAS for 3 years now with very little trouble. Even though I'm a Linux n00b, I am learning so much through this process, and feel very comfortable with OMV and some cli work as well. Thanks!

• No media listed in CLI

siryounger - - General

Yesterday, I did a clean install from OMV 2.x to OMV 3.0.91, and have gone about remounting data drives/shared folders. All goes well except... ...In cli, there are no listings in /media folder, only cdrom drives. Makes me suspicious. My data drives are not listed. However, they are mounted and viewable through WebGUI, and I can create/manage shares. I discovered this when trying to get Plex running again. I ssh into server, but when logging in, OMV is not mentioned as my system, only Debian/Lin…

• Maximum RAM showing is 3.69

siryounger - - My NAS Build

Ok! thank you!

I downloaded and installed the i386 version of OMV 2.1. I have an Intel Xeon 3.5 CPU. I didn't think I could use the amd64 version. Where do I get the 64-bit version?

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from mens: “What do you think the problem could be and how can I fix it? ” Post the output of: apt-get update Quote from siryounger: “My update management has been broken for a while. I'm still on 1.19 and would like to update. ” You need to update to OMV 2.x from the command line. omv-release-upgrade ” I updated from command line, and many things started breaking (SMB shares, other errors) that I decided a clean install would do me some good. I just did that on a n…

I have just reinstalled/upgraded my omv onto a Lenovo TS140 ThinkServer (I first began with inserting the OMV 1.19 drive, and everything worked perfectly, but after upgrading to 2.2, then to 3.0, things starting breaking). The new clean install is picture perfect and all plugins/shares are operating smoothly. However, I have 12GB RAM installed and recognized in BIOS, but OMV shows 3.69 GB available. Any ideas why the difference? IS the RAM being used, or has OMV deprecated the total GB?

• My update management has been broken for a while. I'm still on 1.19 and would like to update.