Search Results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

• UPS recommendation / USV Empfehlung

Ener - - General

Quote from davidh2k: “It should be noted that only USB UPS work. UPS with network can not be managed with OpenMediaVault. Greetings David ” I know it's an old thread and probably an very stupid question, but I got a very old, very cheap UPS (Fiskars Power Rite Max) with a brandnew batterie and that UPS only has a serial connector. As far as I understood, the plugin is also able to deal with a serial connection, isn't it?

• OMV Server im Windows Netzwerk

Ener - - Network

Quote from tekkb: “Have you ever tried unplugging your router for 10 seconds and plugging it back in, any switches on your network too??? Routers/switches can get hung up for broadcasting every once in a while. ” Man, once again a huuuuuge thanks for your support and an endless amount of patience to help us stupid "wanna-be"-administrators Your tipp to restart the router saved me a lot of time troubleshooting my windows clients (7 and 10). I use a Fritzbox 7590 and after a reboot all Samba-Share…

• System Disk Died - Help to Recover

Ener - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Backup only supports the normal installation method used by the OMV iso (which does not support uefi). That said, it is only the bootloader. The important part of the backup is done with rsync. So, recreate the partitions, restore the backup, install the bootloader from a rescue iso. You might be able to re-install fresh and just rsync the backup over the new install. ” Yep, that was my fault: I definetely wanted to use EFI during install and found out later, that's not t…

• Backup a live system

Ener - - General

Dear community, as I'm running out of ideas as trying everything I found in the forums in the last 8 days... do you have a last idea on my problem in post System Disk Died - Help to Recover ? Maybe one last idea before I start with a clean install and move to OMV4?

Ener - - General

Quote from Sc0rp: “I assume, since you have a (U)EFI partition, your old drive used a GPT scheme, instead of the old MBR sheme ... so the commanddd if=/mnt/backup/grub_parts.dd of=/dev/sda bs=512 count=1 is wrong because GPT uses 34x512Byte ... Sc0rp ” Yep, you're absolutely right, I didn't have that in mind. But unfortunately, the backup option seems to be created for a BIOS installation as the grub_parts.dd-file is only a 512 Bytes file and the grub.dd only 446 Bytes. Seems like I've got to do…

Ener - - General

Hey guys, I don't know if it's okay to recycle that old thread, but I'm feeling my person is a bit too unimportant for opening new threads and filling the forum with my personal trash. Feel free to move my post into a new thread if necessary! I had a system drive failure some days ago and the OS drive is completely lost. I was using a 128GB Verbatim SSD and it failed after roundabout 2 years and a few days (after I run out of warranty of course!)... In general my OMV server was intented to be a …

• OMV 3 on UEFI

Ener - - General

Quote from dirkme: “ehm, how do I actually create a Jessie UEFI image? mto boot and then install it on a UEFI drive? R.I.P. OMV you were an excelent NAS software but couldn't hold up with modern times booting terror from Micro$oft. ” You will find bootable ISO files on debian.org as ryecoaaron said in his post. Use etcher.io to make a bootable USB-Stick, boot in plain UEFI (not legacy) mode and you're done I think there is no need for a dedicated UEFI omv ISO, keep coding on features and bugfixe…

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

Ener - - Plugins

Quote from marc_al2: “It is a problem with docker and my updated kernel (4.8) and aufs The simplest workaround is to do 1) Install docker apt-get install docker-engine 2) Try to see that docker doesn't start /usr/bin/dockerd 3) Move one file from docker (for aufs) so docker won't complain about aufs mv /var/lib/docker/aufs /var/lib/docker/aufs_bk 4) See that docker starts normally /usr/bin/dockerd ” Hey guy, you helped me a lot. I tried to get the docker plugin working for the last 4 days and th…

• Amazon Clouddrive plugin

Ener - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I realize that but you are quoting an old post. There is another thread where I made changes to the plugin to download the certs from the trusted source using mozroots - commit ” Yes, I've realized later that your post is from january. Thanks a lot for the hint with the commit! But just to be sure: I've to download the certs with mozroots manually, right? Edit: Got it, this should be the post you mentioned: Duplicati failing to see content - [SOLVED] Quote from ryecoaaron…

• Amazon Clouddrive plugin

Ener - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “When you are adding the cloud service, there is an option on the screen right below to add the cert. No need to do anything from Linux command line.Got ” Today on my lazy sunday, I was browsing the new OMV plugins and was very happy to find the new duplicati plugin. Unfortunately, I ran in the same problem that was described by tylerism. I've read your answer ryecoaaron, so first of all: Thanks for caring! But Sorry, there are two disadvantages in using the advanced optio…

• I'm absolutely happy with v3 and your brilliant support. For me, the upgrade to 3.0.43 fixed the issue. Thanks a lot and keep on coding, I'm eagerly waiting for v3 final release Edit Issue occurred again, had to delete the file manually too. For now it's working.

• NUT - Eaton

Ener - - Plugins

Thanks a lot! I saved a lot of time because of your post

• Great to see omv 3.0 coming, but...

Ener - - Guides

Hi, it's great to see your progress on omv 3.0 and am eagerly waiting for the stable release. Your description to get it working on a Cubox-i is very helpful and it's running flawlessly unless I'm mounting my SATA-Array via the SATA ports and trying to reboot. After reboot, system goes to "emergency mode" which can be ignored by pressing CTRL+D. Then the cubox is not reachable in the network and the connection on eth0 has to be repaired trough omv-firstaid -> Configure network interface. On jour…