Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• 2 internet connections

ryecoaaron - - Network

Yes but you may run into some routing issues if not done correctly. Personally, I would setup a pfsense box and have both internet connections go to it (I have done this before).

• Moved to OMV

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

Any pics of the setup?

• Quote from mipi: “this was perfectly fitted by the old QNAP-NAS we started the discussion on ” I understand but we can only support so many things. Even QNAP stops supporting stuff after a couple of years. Quote from mipi: “recommandations for cheap hardware for a rsync standalone backup device which can figure as a backup NAS ” I didn't recommend anything because you said you ordered an odroid hc2. I prefer the rock64 over the odroid though.

• Installation under Linux Mint

ryecoaaron - - General

No. OMV 4.x only works on Debian 9.x.

• Quote from mipi: “hope this will meet your recommandations and is better supported in the forum, but i'm afraid someone will have something to complain about. ” Should be ok. Quote from mipi: “Other suggestions? ” Other than stay on the version you are currently running? No. I have no plans to add armel support.

• How to upgrade ?

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

Upgrading doesn't cause you to lose settings or data BUT the upgrade from 2.x -> 3.x is difficult. If you do a fresh install, there is no way to keep your settings. You would have to re-setup the system. All four of your plugins should be moved to docker. While a cups and plex plugin exist on OMV 4.x, I don't recommend using them.

• Quote from mipi: “I deinstalled omv-extras while i red a post here that recommended it ” omv-extras hasn't supported armel machines since OMV 2.x. I recommend upgrading your hardware.

• The Class E Network

ryecoaaron - - Off-Topic

Quote from geaves: “Does Proxmox use Dynamic Ram Allocation? ” Yes. It has a feature called ballooning where you can set the min and max ram. Quote from flmaxey: “Since I'll be doing things that may not be recommended ( rm -rf / ), being able to clone a freshly built guest is a big deal in my book. (I mean, I might try rm -rf / a few times to see if there's a different result. ) It's good to know about the cloning restriction in the free ESXi version. I've been cloning VM's in Virtualbox, for a …

• Quote from rantanplan: “Do you think it's a clue ? ” No. Both of those probably failed because your array isn't assembling.

• Quote from flinkazoid: “Any advise on how to go about this process? Im 100% new to the Linux thing. ” Compiling a kernel is not something someone new to Linux wants to start doing. Quote from flinkazoid: “Its worth noting that I was running your image originally, but am now getting started on the debian level. ” The image is Debian built with Armbian scripts. Not sure what you mean. Quote from flinkazoid: “My other machine is an UBUNTU device. Is there any way to run OMV on UBUNTU? Its standard …

• Your array still isn't assembling in time. Hard to say why. Look through boot logs to see if something is obvious. This is one of the reasons why I think most people shouldn't use raid.

• Here is a method to update an existing cert: Get the UUID for an existing cert with: sudo omv-confdbadm read "conf.system.certificate.ssl" | jq -r '.[] | "\(.uuid) \(.comment)"' Once you have that, the following script should update it in the database. You will just need to adjust the four variables at the top of the script. Shell-Script (31 lines)

• Quote from flinkazoid: “Basically this. I've done apt-get install hfsplus hfsutils hfsprogs and even cat /proc/filesystems. The HFSPLUS system is still unknown type. the /proc/filesystems does not list HFS/+ in it. Is there any way to get these FS to mount as I'd like to use it for an incremental TimeMachine backup. ” I would guess HFS isn't enabled in the kernel. grep ^CONFIG_HFS /boot/config-* will tell you if it is. If not, you would have to compile a new kernel to enable it.

• Quote from Nefertiti: “ryecoaaron will be able to explain much better than me the pro and con between 32 and 64 version but also some 32 bits docker an run on it like my emby server. ” ayufan himself recommends the armhf image. There probably aren't a lot of arm64 (aarch64) dockers out there anyway. plex and emby are both armhf which arm64 is able to execcute. So, unless there is a specific 64 bit reason you need 64 bit, I would use the armhf image.

• MemTest86, add to Grub?

ryecoaaron - - General

You can add the systemrescuecd iso to grub with omv-extras on the kernel tab and in systemrescuecd's menu, it has memtest.

• Quote from rantanplan: “How can I check the raid area ? ” The array is clean. Maybe it isn't assembling fast enough during boot? Are these usb drives and/or is this an RPi? I would run omv-mkconf mdadm as root to see if it helps.

• Your raid array isn't assembling correctly for some unknown reason. This why it stops at the maintenance prompt. If you don't fix your array, it will keep doing this.

• Quote from R0vsvamp: “do u think it will work for me to just clone in to another ssd and then plug that in ? ” Nope. You already seem to have corruption and you would just clone the corruption to the new drive.

• What is OMV installed on? The media seems like it is failing.