Search Results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

• Oh, this: kobol.io/helios4/

• That one is USB3.0 ebay.com/itm/112833255553? Says usb3.0 on the cover and there's that blue plug. Also actually tested it. But there's a hippo in my bathtub! bit flip saved to disk and to backup disk = bit rot (glitches accumulating in movies and music files, slowly worsening over time). Unfortunately, small scale, low wattage, servers with ECC aren't on the market, thus unavailable to purchase, because they didn't promote ECC memory by its practical benefits: Protect music and movies. Just tho…

• This Realtek usb gigabit adapter is compatible and can be found for Less than 7 dollars, even with free shipping. In 2018, if a computer didn't come with USB3, Gigabit and error correct ram onboard, then you're not supposed to use it as a file server. However, if one would appreciate misusing the Raspberry Pi twice as fast, this adapter may help. See photo. Previous network configuration at eth0 is notwithstanding because this will be eth1. The upgrade will change the Pi from eleven times slower…

• Oh, sorry. I didn't read something right. I thought of too many variables at once and thereby was confused. Thanks for clarifying!

• Post#1 may have gone out of date, since Raspbian is currently linux 4.97, armv71, updates twice a week and all of the boards pictured don't have the cpu as the limiting factor. Might be good to have more customers and fair game to brief them on screen with their educational devices. Perhaps more importantly, I was also fascinated by an idea very much like luakit to localhost for showing OMV on the console screen.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Regarding performance: In case 'ondemand' should be used I would recommend setting the following also (adding to /etc/rc.local in this case): Source Code (5 lines)” For up-threshold, with some kernels a setting of up to 29 results in the default behavior, so the lowest is 30. I tried setting mine on 1 and discovered the cpu was not changing speed at that low threshold, so I increased it to 2, rebooted and tried again, repeated for a while, and 30 works. For sampling_down_fac…

• Quote from tkaiser: “So instead of wasting your time with a Raspberry Pi better look for any of the dirt cheap and far better alternatives that allow for almost 40 MB/s (or buy a slightly more expensive ARM board and then enjoy 'PC NAS performance' with a consumption not exceeding that of RPi + external network adapter that much. See this thread for details). ” Good info there! The gigabit equipped NanoPi Neo2 costs even less than a usb gigabit adapter, as well as doing NAS duties at least twice…

• Working off my list, post 98, here's #2: SD speed. There are a few slow defaults, which are from upstream (so not the fault of OMV at all). 1 Defaults for the cpu governor aren't scaled to fit the Pi, resulting in the slowest cpu speed. Fortunately, there's a page on the topic. obihoernchen.net/1235/odroid-xu4-with-openmediavault/ Scroll down to CPU governor. The "CPU4" lines aren't needed on the Pi. Values for the Pi are: devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/io_is_busy = 1 devices/system/cp…

• Working off my list, post 98, here's #1: gigabit Quote from Akkor: “The usb/gigabit adapter is not listed in ifconfig. . . ” First, use the onboard port during a new install, login, at the console, as root, openmediavault, wait for the busy indicator led to stop flashing and the auto restart to occur. I have a random realtek gigabit, and it didn't work either. Because, eth1 was not in /etc/network/interfaces. Note: for "stretch" or newer distros, issue the command "sudo systemctl enable networki…

• On the first try, I obeyed the on-screen instructions and tried to log in with user admin, 17 times. After that I followed the instructions in the Readme on sourceforge, logged in with root, waited 8 minutes for the auto-reboot and it worked perfectly fine, by remote, from the web interface of a different computer (probably what it is supposed to do). and some notes # Next step, installing the ASIX AX88179 or Realtek USB gigabit is really important for NAS throughput, albeit limited to 40 megaBy…