Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 465.

• Docker and FHEM

hoppel118 - - General

Quote from geaves: “There is only one other thing I could suggest is to ask for help in the FHEM forum” Here is the right thread: forum.fhem.de/index.php/topic,89745.0.html I also use fhem, but installed it at the command line by apt. I am planning to upgrade my fhem setup to docker, but there are some service dependencies (hmland, homebridge, ssl), which stop me to do it. Regards Hoppel

• Amazing! Quote from syrusstk: “If you guys have ideas for what you want to see next give me a shout in this topic.” Maybe you have ideas for your own dark mode style. Regards Hoppel

• Yep, I also saw that error sometimes. The spam filter of this forum is really safe. Not to say, that it drives me crazy! It’s the only forum I know of, where it is so restrictive. Regards Hoppel

• Latest Docker plugin update

hoppel118 - - Updates/Upgrades

Yep, for me the same. Did the update tonight and didn’t have any problems! Thanks again @ryecoaaron

• YEP! Meanwhile, I have also been banned several times. I had to ask @ryecoaaron with my second account here to unlock me again. I got banned when I did the following: • Post a link to an external url • Edit my post to fast Regards Hoppel

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “With that last comfirmation, I have put the update in the repo. So, people should be able to update from the Updates tab now (after clicking Check). ” @ryecoaaron Thanks for the fix! Today I installed all the docker updates including the new version of the omv-docker-plugin. Everything works as expected by the first try. Thanks and regards Hoppel

• Quote from ellnic: “You can either: Scan the usual threads to see if someone has tried and it works - probably hoppel :-)” That may be true... Quote from ellnic: “Or Go for it when you have a few minutes and it’s not mission critical to be up and running (in case it doesn’t work). Remember not to auto remove the old kernel and, if you find it doesn’t work, revert.” That is what I do, if nobody here in the omv forum wrote something about failure or success with new kernel updates. I always look a…

• WOW!!! Openmediavault gets a completely new face. Fantastic!

• Quote from ellnic: “Great, now hold the kernel When a new kernel comes out, check it will work, unhold, upgrade, hold again. Rinse/repeat. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk” Yes, that‘s the way, it should be done! Regards Hoppel

• Ok, great! Please report back, if it works for you.

• Ok, so you have to live with such problems sometimes. Why do you use zfs 0.7.9 and not 0.7.11? 0.7.11 is the latest zfs version at omv (debian 9). Here you see what is installed at my omv: Source Code (6 lines)What is the result of apt-get update and apt-get upgrade? In the output of these commands you should see the latest zfs packages, which can be installed by Yes. The alternative is to install the latest stable proxmox kernel: forum.openmediavault.org/index…5cd67d7416d3fe7a4cb23bb4a But I th…

• By the way... Me be it’s a good advice for some other guys. I always look at the outstanding updates and decide which update I install directly and which update has to wait. Everything related to kernel and zfs has to wait until somebody wrote that the latest version works. I never install them blind. Not everybody has virtual machines to test every update. Backups of the system disk prior updating the kernel or zfs may be a good way to go. But yes, it’s much more easy to use the proxmox kernel …

• Hi, in the following thread I described that my zfs works with kernel 4.18: Upgrade Kernel 4.17: ZFS: Unable to set "noop" scheduler for /dev/sdd1 (sdd): 256 I didn’t recognize any errors since the kernel upgrade. Regards Hoppel

• How Rebuilt my old ZFS Pool

hoppel118 - - General

Sorry, I can’t see a relationship between removing acls and an IP connection... But great that you found a solution that works for you. Regards Hoppel

• Hi guys, sorry for the late response. Didn't have much time the last weeks. Anyway, I want to thank you for your answers! Quote from flmaxey: “That's a huge pool, so I guess you wouldn't want to hear anything about restoring from backup? (Just kidding ) ” Harharrrr Quote from flmaxey: “On the E-mails, I simply unchecked the boxes under System, Notification, Notifications Tab, System. The rational behind that decision was the sporadic nuisance E-mails, along with what was being monitored. If some…

hoppel118 - - General

Yes, it seems so...

hoppel118 - - General

I don’t know an option for this. I found this thread, which confirms this: Reset OMV like a fresh install? Regards Hoppel

hoppel118 - - General

It is really hard to understand what you mean. Do you mean you want to reset omv to factory settings instead of rebuilding omv? Regards Hoppel

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

hoppel118 - - Plugins

@ryecoaaron Yep, I understand all your points and at least I am fine with it. I only wanted to bring in another point of view. I decided to leave the proxmox path, because I had problems with parallel pci passthrough of my dvb device (digital devices max s8) and my sas controller (lsi 3008). Everything was fine with proxmox4 and omv3, but not with proxmox5. I don’t think that it was a knowledge problem. I really understood how it works. Maybe I should give it another try. Nowadays my dvb card is…

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

hoppel118 - - Plugins

Hi @ryecoaaron, sorry, for the late response. I forgot this post. Quote from ryecoaaron: “It is integrated. Being a plugin doesn't make it any less integrated. I also am quite sure Volker would not want to maintain it. ” I like the simplicity of the current docker ui integration into the omv web ui. Docker brings a great value to openmediavault! We all recognized that omv has less plugins from version to version, because there are docker containers. Quote from ryecoaaron: “Why? It is just a fron…