Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• What to do if hardware fail?

geaves - - My NAS Build

Quote from Marfio: “Mmmm.... probably the best thing is to find a PCI express sata controller (not a RAID)... and connect the disk to there.... ” Looks like it, is the controller fitted to the drive cage then connected to the board? Edit: Found the service manual, yes the drive cage has sata backplane connected which will need to be removed.

• low start because of the network?

geaves - - General

No picture and what is your hardware when you say pc?

• Why is my RAID array not active?

geaves - - General

Quote from bvrulez: “Does "wipe" mean I have to press it under the GUI for hard disks? ” Wipe in the GUI will wipe any signatures on the disk, you can then add it to your array, but I would add the disk via ssh. Without searching the forum I can't remember if you have to stop the array first then add the disk, which will probably be added as a spare then grow the array. Edit: After you wipe the drive you should be able to 'grow' the array from the GUI by selecting the new drive.

• Mount /dev/md0 and write to it?

geaves - - RAID

Quote from vladd: “boot my box from an usb drive with clonezilla(omv is not running at that moment) ” There is a plugin to allow you back up your omv configuration. Quote from vladd: “Another use-case: When I'm running docker containers on the SSD, but want to have the data on the harddisks (which are raid configured). Is this possible from the viewpoint of the raid? ” Create an smb share on your raid then point/store your docker configs too...look at the guides section plenty of info in there.

• Quote from bvrulez: “When I pull out the installation USB my OMV stick gets device number /dev/sda. This results in an error upon boot (but after grub loaded). I am redirected to the initramfs promt. The error is "ALERT! /dev/sdb1 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!" ” You need to update grub.

geaves - - General

Quote from bvrulez: “This leaves only one option: The OMV4 installation itself is broken. ” Could well be if you have already tried to boot from the SSD and you still have no GUI or SSH. You could probably move down the SnapRaid, something that I have been looking at along with the union file system plugin, But to that it would backing up and starting again, at least that's my understanding but I may be wrong, but clean drives with a clean start makes sense. There is a SnapRaid howto here.

geaves - - General

What you need to is to wipe that disk before adding to the array, this thread might be of some help, but as to your GUI and SSH problem I don't know, what you could try is unplug your raid then just boot the server from the o/s drive and see what happens. If you do that there will be a 1.5 min delay whilst the boot process tries to locate your array, which it won't but will continue, then you can test SSH and GUI login again.

geaves - - General

Have a look at this it might be helpful. The error regarding the array should not prevent the GUI from running nor disable SSH, there could be a problem with OMV itself, but what I couldn't say. When you added the disk I take you didn't wipe it via the GUI before adding it to the array?

geaves - - My NAS Build

Hm! Seems not with that P400, but they can be presented as a single disk but set as Raid 0 on each so probably not a good idea, found this which might shed some more light.

• Quote from Peach1200: “while it didn't work with Webroot on, it worked perfectly as soon as I switched it off. ” I haven't used Webroot for a long time, but if I remember there is/was a setting for trust options, would that have anything to do with the problem.

geaves - - My NAS Build

Quote from Marfio: “HP ML350 gen6 server ” You have to disable the raid option within the bios on those servers, it's set to use the Embedded Smart Array by default, once you have done that the disks can be set up independently or as a software raid.

• Quote from omavoss: “lsioarmhf/kodi-headless ” This one. The Parameters indicate that the network should be host as the webgui is 8080, but these have to be set up, so to open Kodi in a browser it would be http://<ip address of omv>:8080 - -p 8080 - webui port - -p 9090 - websockets port - -p 9777/udp - esall interface port - -v /config/.kodi - path for kodi configuration files - -e PGID for GroupID - see below for explanation - -e PUID for UserID - see below for explanation - -e TZ - for timezo…

• Quote from omavoss: “Yeah, I guess I'm a little too impatient. ” Anything you run in Docker needs to be an arm version due to the cpu on the BananaPi, so for Kodi you'll need the armhf version.

• Why are you setting it up with a macvlan? as the webgui port is 8080 which would imply to use host in the networking option.

• Quote from omavoss: “Configuration not successful, any errors: ” When you deleted the other container, you need to delete anything you set up with that container, the container, the image, networking, and any config files. The config will be where you have pointed the container config too. The error is probably related to leftover config files.

• Quote from omavoss: “Where I find this image lsioarmhf/kodi-headless for that BananaPi? ” When you use the search option in Docker and you type in kodi the first on the list is the one you have installed, usually the first one to appear is for amd64 (64 bit OS) scrolling down the list you'll find lsioarmhf/kodi-headless specific for arm boards. Say for instance you installed Heimdall Docker, in the tag section (when you select it from the search option) you would have to enter arm64v8-latest to …

• You need lsioarmhf/kodi-headless for that BananaPi But your image says it's running ?

• Quote from omavoss: “Now I have created a container, the default host path is /var/lib/docker. Now I see: ” Ok, but looking at that linuxserver/kodi-headless I don't think that is for arm boards, that's docker is for amd64.

• Quote from omavoss: “which is the correct host path for the container? ” Now I'm going to have to say ??

• Quote from omavoss: “omv-firstaid displayed error while I selected option 1: ” I have only seen that once before and there isn't a solution other than perhaps a reinstall!! If you go into System -> Network -> Interfaces and click add, then select Ethernet is your network displayed as in your image eth0?