Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Backup a live system

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from bvrulez: “That's good news! I was just wondering how your plugin would be able to save a running system completely. Even clonedisk is not able to do this. ” It will backup the system but there is no guarantee the backup is consistent. A snapshot is the closest thing that can do that. Quote from bvrulez: “How can I restore the files I backuped with "dd" onto that usb drive? It seems that the GUI does not have an option for this ” You can't restore a backup over a running system. You ne…

• Backup a live system

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from bvrulez: “This thread is very long and while I read some of the beginning and some of the end I still have a simple question: - I did a backup of my system via GUI and the option dd to my RAID array. - My system currently is on a usb stick because I had to test if my original system was broken. It was. - I now want to have that backup on my original system SSD. - This means I have to wipe my SSD, install OMV from scratch, log into the web gui, install the backup plugin, and then find …

• Quote from gderf: “Anything in particular we should be looking for in the test version? ” Just that it works and upgrades properly. The settings are just being moved from /etc/default/docker to the daemon.json file which seems to help the service failure to start problem. It also gets rid of some questionable code that is only editing part of /etc/default/docker

• Quote from gderf: “I would be willing to test this, but please provide a link to the previous version so that I can revert is needed. ” Thanks bintray.com/openmediavault-plu…openmediavault-docker-gui or apt-get install openmediavault-docker-gui=4.1.1 since old versions stay in the repo.

• Can a few people test the new version of the docker plugin that uses daemon.json instead of /etc/default/docker? It is here - omv-extras.org/testing/openmed…-docker-gui_4.1.2_all.deb Thanks to @subzero79 for his work on this (he did all of it ).

• Quote from Netstumbler: “It seems the clonezilla TAB is missing on OMV 4.1 / Odroid-hc2 arm. I read this is was removed. ” Nope. It was never there. clonezilla doesn't work on arm.

• Docker failing to re-install

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from vulcan4d: “Configuration file '/etc/default/docker' ” There is another long thread about this. You need to do another apt-get -f install and then answer yes to replacing /etc/default/docker. We are working on a fix.

• Please don't post the same thing in multiple forums. If you got an error posting, read problem #4 - Solutions to common problems

• OMV, UnionFS, Snapraid

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Horyd: “Under the Union Filesystem tab, it only lists 3 drives instead of 4 for some reason. First, since the 4th drive is parity for snapraid, should that been in the pool to begin with? ” The parity drive should not be in the pool. Quote from Horyd: “If I try to re-add the 4th drive to the pool, will it erase my information already on the pool? ” No. unionfilesystems work on top of existing filesystems and only tell the operating system where to read or write. They never delete file…

• User and group seach

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from psilva: “Do you know if there are any plans to implement a search? or if I can grant permissions to shared folders in a more users friendly wa ” No plans that I know of. OMV is really targeted toward home users who would never have 1000s of users/groups/

• Mount drives without formatting

ryecoaaron - - General

I pass through quite a few disks on ESXi on my personal setup and they work fine. I'm not sure why you can't see the filesystems.

• Backup a live system

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from PWSteal: “It would be nice to see the "No hassle free restore with WebGUI for now" disclaimer in plugin description. You know, maybe it's cool, but it's not noob-friendly ” Many people have many different definitions of "hassle free". While it may be bad for noobs, I would rather them be able to create a backup that they need help restoring than not have a backup at all. If I put a message like that on the plugin (yuck - that makes people think it sucks), then noobs wouldn't use it at…

• Page dump error on new install

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Antioch: “How does the ZFS plugin get along with the proxmox kernel? ” It doesn't know anything about the kernel. Quote from Antioch: “Is the plugin aware of the proxmox kernel and doesn't force unnecessary recompiles of the stock kernel when upgrading? ” The plugin doesn't actually do the compiles. The zfs-dkms package does this and it is smart enough to release the zfs module is already there skipping the compile. Quote from Antioch: “Out of curiosity, do you know of any (simple) wa…

• Update your system to the latest version of OMV from the Updates tab. This was fixed quite a while ago.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from zibbp: “No, the disk only appear under the "Disks" tab, not under the File Systems. I can only see them under File Systems if I create a new file system. ” If the Filesystems tab doesn't show them, then Linux doesn't "see" a filesystem. How are you presenting the disk to the OMV guest? Passthrough (rdm)?

• Quote from flmaxey: “Now that you mentioned it, I can't help but wonder where the largest ZFS user base is? BSD, Solaris, or Linux? ” Probably solaris in the corporate world but bsd switched to ZoL because there is more work happening on Linux.

ryecoaaron - - General

If you click mount in the filesystems tab, it shouldn't try to format them. It will only do that if you click create. Are the filesystems in the list in the FIlesytems tab?

• Quote from shannonc: “actually there are lots of entries of zfs ” We saw that in one of the threads as well. I think if you wipefs -o each of the offsets, it would fix it. You would just have to get the next offset with wipefs -n after each wipefs -o. No idea why wipefs -n doesn't list all of the zfs offsets. Either way, I think it might work. I just was curious if you tried that method and it didn't work.

• Quote from shannonc: “After searching through the whole forum, I couldn't find a solution. ” There are a couple of threads that had some of it but not the part about backing it up, wiping everything, and restoring the stuff you need. Did you ever try just wiping the zfs signature with: wipefs -o 0x3a37977f000

• It doesn't look like it survived.