Search Results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

• Orange pi zero plus, heatsink (old pc motherboard north bridge heatsink cut down to size), 5.1V 2.5A Stontronics T5989DV PSU connected via GPIO pins, 2x wd 4tb hdd. 1st hdd connected to onboard usb socket, 2nd hdd connected via 13 pin headers usb pins. Hdd suspension system (4 pins, 6 elastic bands, 4 red lego bricks).

• Quote from tkaiser: “1) Around 1W: NanoPi NEO2 or Orange Pi Zero Plus: pretty inexpensive, both based on Allwinner H5 SoC, both with 4 real USB2 ports (no internal USB hub used, no bandwidth shared, 2 ports on pin headers), both with Gigabit Ethernet, both able to be combined with useful, inexpensive and performant NAS add-ons (NAS Kit v1.2 for NEO2, NAS Expansion board for Orange Pis). 'NAS performance' 4 times better than Raspberry Pi, when playing USB RAID (never recommended!) it's even 7-8 t…

• How do I set network speed to 100Mbps?

_John C - - Network

Sorted now Thanks

_John C - - Network

Thanks, Ill remove autoneg off. Im learning

_John C - - Network

Job done, Sent edited file back and then "/bin/bash -n /etc/rc.local". No output/errors. So the file is ok. ethtool reports "Duplex: Full" But my network switch is reporting "100Mbps Half Duplex". ??????? Strange

_John C - - Network

Thank you so much for your advice.

_John C - - Network

Shell-Script (16 lines)This ok ? Do I need to make a change to line 1 ? #!/bin/sh -e to !/bin/sh -e Thank you

_John C - - Network

I can use xubuntu with mousepad for editing. Would you be ok with this method? And if so; Is this ok ? Shell-Script (16 lines)Or do I also need to remove the # from line 1 ? Thank you

_John C - - Network

Can I just FTP in with Filezilla and copy the "rc.local" file to my pc, edit it with notepad2/mousepad and send it back (replacing the old file) ? Less chance of me messing things up this way. Thank you

_John C - - Network

Hi there. Im using an Orange pi zero plus on my gigabit network and its connecting at the correct 1000Mbps speed. But Id like to set the speed to only 100Mbps for power saving reasons. If I SSH and : ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off It sets it to the 100Mbps I want, but as you know; on reboot the nas will reconnect at 1000Mbps. How can I permanently set the eth0 speed to 100Mbps? Is there a config file I can edit ? All the best, _John C