Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 24.

• .bashrc not loading when logging in

dinki - - General

Wow. I am a dummy. It's not empty: root@omv:~# ls -la /etc/skel/ Source Code (13 lines)

dinki - - General

My /etc/skel/ directory is empty.

dinki - - General

Unknown. This is the first I hear of skeleton directories. If you tell me where to look I can post what I find.

dinki - - General

Quote from gderf: “I have a highly populated with aliases and working .profile here. I do not have a .bash_profile file at all. ” Just reporting. I can't explain it. All I can say is that it is working now and that I am running stock so I can't see why your .profile works but mine does not.

dinki - - General

Quote from gderf: “Then something is seriously wrong with how you are doing this or you are not logging in as the same user you are modifying the environment for. Also, you have to save the .profile file and log out and then log in again. Are you doing that? ” I've set up OMV with default settings. All users exhibit this behavior. I certainly did write, log out, and log back in. I've been a Unix/Linux user for 30+ years. Admittedly, I am not an admin but I am pretty good moving around in the she…

dinki - - General

Tried in .profile and still no good.

dinki - - General

No one has ever had this kind of problem? I'm not a linux genius but I know some of you guys are. Can you help me out?

dinki - - General

I just added it but it didn't make a difference. I'm using stock OMV and I'm not a programmer or admin but I have been using Linux for a good while. Can't figure out how to get this to work .... Any help is most appreciated.

dinki - - General

No one can help with this?

dinki - - General

Quote from macom: “Have you checked which shell is defined for your user? Default is dash, not bash ” Thanks for this but it is set to /bin/bash Source Code (2 lines)

dinki - - General

Source Code (7 lines)I'm expecting the above .bashrc to be loaded when I log in. Unfortunately, that's not happening. I can load it manually but I'd prefer not to have to do that. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

• Need help with reverse proxy setup

dinki - - General

Pretty disappointed that no one could offer any suggestions. I took a different path and used Caddy Server in case someone stumbles on this post in the future with the same problems. Caddy is much much easier to set up and has a very active,friendly, and helpful community.

dinki - - General

Can ANYONE help? I understand that is probably very basic for you but it would be most appreciated if someone could give me a push in the right direction.

dinki - - General

Went ahead and installed Mariadb and Next Cloud as instructed by @TechnoDadLife video and got that up and running no problem. Went through the steps to set up reverse proxy in the next video and followed every step. Still getting the Welcome screen instead of Next Cloud. Wow. I cannot figure out what I might be doing wrong. I'm willing to buy someone a couple beers via Paypal if they can just give me a hand with this.

dinki - - General

So I decided to start over and use something that seems supported out of the box. I am already using SABNZB so I decided to give that a try. I ued the predefined site conf for SABNZB. I made sure that Let's Encrypt is running as --network my-network and that SABNZB is also on --network my-network . I edited the conf file and only changed the line: Source Code (1 line)I restarted Lets Encrypt and went to mycoolsubdomain.duckdns.org and I'm still getting the welcome message. I really can't underst…

dinki - - General

Digging in further and I'm seeing this in my let's encrypt logs (over and over again): Source Code (1 line) Line 37 from homeassistant.subdomain.conf reads: Source Code (1 line)What does this mean? Do I need it?

dinki - - General

First let me say that OMV is fantastic! I've been able to move a bunch of things I've had going on an old Pogoplug, Raspberry Pi, and Win7 machine over to OMV with very little effort. This is simplifying my life significantly! I'm trying to get reverse proxy going for some of these services (most importantly Home Assistant) and am running into trouble. I have the DuckDNS container running fine. I have the Let's Encrypt container running as well as explained in @TechnoDadLife video: youtube.com/w…

• Great news, but can you tell me how to do this for transmission.mywebsite.com ?

• Can someone please tell me how to configure the reverse proxy with other docker containers? I'm wanting to do this with Home Assistant, Plex, SabNZB, etc. I've got duckdns and letsencrypt all working as shown on the video but it's the last bit where the open cloud configuration is edited that I think the problem lies. How does that translate to other programs and their configuration files? I am running the container I'm trying to connect to with the my-net additional parameters. I have a subdoma…

• Weird.. so it seems to have resolved itself. I guess it was doing something in the background.