Search Results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Forgive me for not extensively reading all of your unpleasant posts. I got one of your many problems wrong from reading the last couple of posts. My bad. You picked one thing that 99.9% of the time is because of the common solutions thread I mentioned. But what would I know. Your "solution" has been posted about before. ntfs is something we tell people over and over not to use and 99% of ntfs filesystems in my experience have a label. Who on earth would use an ntfs disk o…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from olahaye74: “ntfs is perfectly supported by OMV and works flawlessly ” Nope. Too tired to repeat myself over and over again so just a quick answer for a potential forum or web search - representation of filesystem metadata (so called alternate data streams). Mismatch between NTFS's own implementation and the way OMV's filesharing daemons will do it (Samba, Netatalk, NFS, whatever FTP daemon OMV uses -- no idea) - encodings (UTF-16/UCS-2 vs. UTF-8) - permission mode…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from olahaye74: “Can't create a share: system won't let chose any device. I'm stuck here.... Also can't share on mini dlna (same issue) Disk section sees my ntfs disk and it is mounted and it can compute capacity ” Read problem #2 - forum.openmediavault.org/index…tions-to-common-problems/ It is disappointing that almost all of your problems are mentioned in the readme at the download of the RPi image or the Solution to common problems announcement at the top of ever…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from olahaye74: “when their router has no mdns enabled ” mDNS isn't even involved at all. It's a feature called dynamic DNS updates and I've not encountered a single router (implementing DHCP and DNS at the same time) within the last 5 years that can't cope with this. It's based on tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2136 which is over 20 years old so it's not that surprising that even the most crappy routers support it in the meantime. A simple ping raspberrypi after someone fires…

• PARTLABEL="Basic data partition" is the issue, you have space in it and that may be the problem. (OMV doesn't support spaces in NTFS label, and thus it may be the same for part label)

• I'll tell my fiber provider to change my router then. For sure, this helps people that have no linux knowledge to find their ip when their router has no mdns enabled. For point 6: can't select a disk device when I want to share something: Software BUG: OMV doesn't support space in ntfs disk label. rename you disk or wait for a fix. Unmounting disk from web interface, then issuing ntfslabel /dev/sda1 MyPassport Then remounted via web interface the disk. Now it works, I can select a device.

• For those who want an answer to initial post by navigating to last post: nginx doesn't start due to unsupported address family: - log in as root - type ifconfig if you don't see inet6 lines for your main interface, this means that ipv6 is not configured/initialised/supported on your system. Possible causes: - update (including kernel) is not finished and the original kernel doesn't support ipv6 Try to wait update process to finish and reboot - you still cant have ipv6 (and don't need it) on your…

• Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from olahaye74: “Seriously! I'v googled a lot for the nginx issue and found only irrelevant answers like yours about try waiting 30 minutes (magic is in the air), rebooting (like windows solution to any problem), sdcard quality(I have samsung high end, and again,quality issues are not about ip, but about FS errors or at most timeouts or race conditions, not about IP v6 issue: ” First and foremost IPv6 is way under developed in most software app's, on nearly any OS.Sett…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from olahaye74: “BUG ” You should write less and read more. Start with readme.txt at the download location. Maybe it helps with your confusion. ” Once again, Informations located on the page is irrelevant to the IPV6 problem. It is also irrelevant to the fuse problem. Anyway, for all problem, I've created a new thread with solutions. That's more constructive than RTFM.

• Hi, Here are some informations to people trying the v4.x on raspberry pi3 for the 1st time. 1/ After flashing and trying to boot OMV: - if the webserver doesn't start du an error like no such adress family: => the error is likely related to ipv6 not available in the system and nginx trying to listen (create) an ipv6 socket. The solution is to edit /etc/nginx/sites-available/default and /etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui and comment lines similar to: listen [::]:80 default_server; Y…

• Also got from forum: Error Message The server encountered an unresolvable problem, please try again later. Exception ID: 94a6babfdcb9c7b84aa1c095e8ff5250e1091bfaError Message The server encountered an unresolvable problem, please try again later. And for the OMV, from webui, disabling and re-eanbling sshd fails and asking for reboot (from web interface) gave me a GRURU MEDITATION. Cool, we have Amiga nostalgic fans.

• So much garbage in threads.... do you really think a good power supply will fix IPV6 issue in nginx config? do you think a good sdcard will fix issue of lack of home for admin? Seriously! I'v googled a lot for the nginx issue and found only irrelevant answers like yours about try waiting 30 minutes (magic is in the air), rebooting (like windows solution to any problem), sdcard quality(I have samsung high end, and again,quality issues are not about ip, but about FS errors or at most timeouts or r…

• Hi, BUG 1 [IPV6] the problem about nginx is not about how to flash, os version hardware or any silly stuff. Reading the message is explicit: no such adress familly is typical of IPV6 not available. find /etc/nginx |grep listen and you'll find some listen on ipv6. replace those listen line with listen 80; and it'll work. BUG 2 [admin login] before that you need to login, unfortunately, admin can't login because of missing home dir!!!! thanksfully, root login (very bad) is available with admin def…