Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• VMWare datastore on OMV

ryecoaaron - - General

Watch this video for basic setup - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Then enable nfs and create an nfs share. Add an nfs datastore in vCenter.

• Restore OMV Backup

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Egleu: “I did not know that crontab has an automated script to upgrade packages at 4am everyday. ” It doesn't upgrade anything. It just runs apt-get update and downloads the packages. Nothing is installed. Quote from Egleu: “Everything seems to be working on my machine except for the web gui now. ” Is this OS drive full? What is the output of: sudo monit status omv-engined

• LUKS disk encryption plugin

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from rickyx: “I don't know what was wrong, ” Hmm. What is the output of: zgrep -iE "xts|aes" /proc/config.gz

• Ordered a 2GB NanoPi M4, the heatsink, and the sata hat.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from budpad: “I also had to reboot that the plugin does work (HC2) ” What wasn't working that made you reboot? I didn't have to reboot on my RPi test system.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from rickyx: “now that I'm on arm I'd have liked to have found this indication. ” I still don't know why you need to reboot? What is the reboot "fixing"? dm-mod isn't required for luks.

• Quote from votdev: “I never seen an update that requires a reboot. ” The kernel The existence of /var/run/reboot-required tells you that a package update wants the system rebooted. If a service needs a restart, it will be listed in /var/run/reboot-required. The package(s) telling the system that it wants a reboot is listed in /var/run/reboot-required.pkgs.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from rickyx: “Remark in the plugin description that a reboot is required. ” Required for what? It might be required on an arm board but most systems shouldn't need to reboot.

• Error With MySQL plugin

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from FFrank: “I searched for a instruction video in your link - no luck...could you point me in the right direction. ” The videos were meant to give you a general idea of how to use docker. I think the nextcloud video creates a docker plugin. Quote from FFrank: “Why do you prefer the docker approach over the plug-in? ” I don't want to maintain the plugin anymore due to lack of time and problems people have. Both are solved by using docker.

• Quote from ellnic: “Debian will never stop having ZFS and I can’t see the plugin disappearing either. ” Even if Debian does, I doubt Ubuntu will which in turn helps Proxmox. And since we can use the proxmox kernel on Debian, everything is good.

• Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from wombat: “Will not you switch to a newer Python package? 3.5+. Clear, I understand that this is a cosmetic problem and can be manually repaired. But I do not understand why 2 years ago this has not moved anywhere and this "problem" is visible at every update/upgrade. ” OMV is Debian and uses whatever is in the Debian repos. We do not maintain packages and it will be fixed when Debian fixes it. Because it causes no problems, most people aren't worried about it. There are workarounds pos…

• Pagination

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from psilva: “How can one request new features? ” github.com/OpenMediaVault/openmediavault/issues Quote from psilva: “Like being able to change the number of items in each page or a search bar main panel for searching a specific user or group or share if you have many. ” Pretty sure I remember this being veto'd last time but you can always ask again

• Quote from rsrsrs: “it is possible to do this on a separate Pc? ” Yes

• Quote from M0rpheus: “It is perhaps a solution that you can completely backup the whole and in the case of failure of the system just restore the "backed up / backup image" needs. ” The backup plugin won't backup a data partition if you are using one on the OS drive but it does backup enough to do a restore - forum.openmediavault.org/index…kup-plugin-to-system-SSD/

• Pagination

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from psilva: “does anyone know if there is way to remove pagination or increase the number of items per page? ” There is no easy way that won't be overwritten by updates.

• Quote from Ruschi: “apt-get is old.. ” Old?? It is better than just plain apt in my opinion. Quote from akurzawa: “is this safe for OMV funcctionality? ” OMV does the same thing to upgrade.

• Quote from M0rpheus: “Hallo OMV, wo ist der unterschied zwischen dd und fsarchiver Methode? Ich verstehe den unterschied nicht ganz. dd - use dd to clone the entire drive to a compressed image file. fsarchiver - use fsarchiver to clone all partitions to an archive file Wie wird genau die rsync Methode verwendet / eingesetzt? Was ist besser, was wird empfohlen? Vielen Dank! ” dd does not clone the entire drive. It clones the entire OS partition (and potentially a boot partition) including sectors…

• Quote from olahaye74: “IT's disapointing that you didn't read my posts extensively and reply what you though I would have told. Problem #2 states abount avoinding to mount and dismound disk by hand and states that those operations should always be done using web interface. Did I ever ever said that I tryed to mount the disk by hand? From the post just above: OMV 4.1.19-Arrakis on rpi3 Issues and sollutions > Unmounting disk from web interface, then issuing > ntfslabel /dev/sda1 MyPassport > Then…

• HP p420 raid cards have very picky settings especially with SSDs that can kill performance. I would look into that.

• Quote from tkaiser: “If this results in busybox getting installed when cryptsetup gets installed by the plugin and this fixes the issue... sure! ” I guess it probably wouldn't hurt to make it a dependency for all architectures.