Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• NAS Laufwerk über das Internet nutzen

tkaiser - - General

Quote from reeneex: “Kann das so klappen oder....? ” Nö, weil die Fritzbox nun selbst FTP-Server spielt: avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzb…f-Speicher-NAS-zugreifen/ Um eine "FTP-Durchreiche" einzurichten, müsstest Du Ports forwarded aber da FTP ein Protokoll aus der Steinzeit (bzw. Hölle) ist, lohnt es sich nicht, das weiter auszuführen. Also entweder USB-Speicher an die Fritzbox oder Nextcloud in 'nem Container in OMV einrichten, Port 443 von der Fritzbox weiterleiten (bspw. externer Port 8443) un…

• kernel modules mismatch on raspberry pi

tkaiser - - General

Quote from traumhaft: “Is there a way to trigger this upgrade manually post installation? ” Login as root via SSH and then github.com/ThomasKaiser/OMV4_f…ter/overlay/firstrun#L160

• OMV 5 Objectives and expected changes

tkaiser - - General

Quote from ThePhoenix: “Also, is there an estimate (feel free to be conservative on this) as to when OMV5 is expected to be feature complete? ” openmediavault.readthedocs.io/en/latest/releases.html As for the features I don't know whether there's a full list but at least already implemented stuff is added to the changelog and one major change which would've prevented upgrading from OMV4 to OMV5 has been postponed for OMV6.

• How to get SMART on external drives

tkaiser - - General

Quote from electron: “Linux 4.19.42 ” Ah, RPi folks switched to the next LTS kernel already. May I ask for new armbianmonitor -u output to get the bigger picture?

• Quote from towerpc: “The 15 computers with Windows 10 can access the shared folders of Lacie NAS and OMV 4.1.22 ” So it doesn't matter whether they've joined the domain or not and as such this looks like an authentication issue. Again: please connect with one of the Win10 machines to the OMV server and then provide output of smbstatus and testparm commands on the server. For this you need SSH access to the server or you install the shellinabox plugin and authenticate on the OMV server as root. T…

• Quote from geaves: “The OP cannot access OMV shares from Sever2008, client access to OMV works! ” Yes, @towerpc wrote that in the first post here. That's why I asked for smbstatus and testparmoutput with such a client connected to get an idea whether this connection is established as guest or authenticated (and whether it's authentication against local user accounts on the OMV server or AD). All these questions can be answered in a single step by using the troubleshooting tools the Samba project…

• If you're open for a structured attempt to resolve issues then please do not start to fiddle around with adjusting settings here and there right now but follow basic troubleshooting principles allowing to improve situation with OMV. Quote from towerpc: “From any computer with Windows 10 it is possible to access OMV folders before logging in ” I don't get the meaning of ' before logging in' but anyway. Please try to access any of your OMV shares this way from a Win10 system and then on the OMV's …

• NAS based on NanoPi M4 and SATA hat

tkaiser - - My NAS Build

Two remaining questions to compare with an x86 Mini-ITX setup also featuring 4 SATA disks: - How about the total costs of the setup? - What about idle and full load consumption figures?

• Samba 4.7.0+ for SMB encryption?

tkaiser - - CIFS/SMB

Out of curiosity: - With which SMB version is the client connecting? (might matter) - Is the bottleneck the server or maybe (also) the client? Can you provide testparm and smbstatus command output with the client connected? Have you checked with htop for example whether one CPU core on the server is maxing out?

• How to get SMART on external drives

tkaiser - - General

Quote from electron: “Actually without blacklisting lsusb -t shows that the driver is usb_storage and not uas ” Oh, the RPi folks enabled UAS while their USB driver still doesn't support UAS with latest kernel updates: github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/2813 It seems they did this to get specific 'per device' quirks enabled. Quote from electron: “@tkaiser you mentioned "on ARM all of this happens automagically in the background" - looks like this is why blacklisting did not make any difference …

• Windows cannot access OPENMEDIAVAULT

tkaiser - - Network

Quote from crashtest: “I'm not interested into still more links to still more questionable info ” Yes, your ignorance (actively rejecting reality) is a real problem and maybe the real reason why it's so hard for you to understand basic stuff

tkaiser - - Network

Quote from crashtest: “In the bottom line, there is a trade-off between convenience and security, it's not the same for everyone - it's on a sliding scale ” Great! Let's focus on that (ignoring all your other babbling) Let's start here (data 2 years old): blog.shodan.io/analyzing-post-wannacry-smb-exposure/ - 2,306,820 SMB services available on the Internet at the moment - 42% allow Guest access - 96% support SMBv1 That's the unfortunate reality: millions of SMB servers on the Internet, almost h…

• Quote from askthecableguy: “and I posted the link above in my first post. Some board's do have random write speeds of 47MB/s. ” That was accessing the Samsung eMMC on these boards and is not related to SATA.

• Quote from zw3ist3in: “es gab mal einen weiteren Benutzernamen den ich vergessen habe? ” Ja, root -- da hast Du das Paßwort bei der Installation festgelegt. Aber das macht nix, weil Du über das OMV-Web-UI Zugriff hast und ein solcher sudo-User wie Du ihn jetzt angelegt hast, eh die bessere Idee ist. Quote from zw3ist3in: “Ein Systembackup habe ich bisher nicht, hast du eine empfehlenswerte Methode oder Anleitung parat? ” Nö, weil ich OMV nur auf energieeffizienten ARM-Dingern einsetze, wo das vo…

• Quote from zw3ist3in: “Was mache ich falsch? ” Den admin-Account nehmen. Zurück ins OMV-GUI, dort einen neuen User anlegen, dem die Gruppen ssh und sudo zuweisen und mit dem Account erneut per SSH einloggen. Nach dem Login per ssh kannst Du Dich zum Superuser per sudo su - oder sudo -s aufschwingen und dann auf die neue Version aktualisieren (vorheriges Backup des "OS Drive" empfohlen).

tkaiser - - Network

Again, for users who may happen onto this thread (and especially for those gentlemen constantly giving bad advice and trying to weaken security everywhere): Using SMB1 these days is sick, using guest logons is sick as well. Today's networks aren't the same as the networks back then when SMB1 was specified and the idea of unauthenticated access AKA 'guest logons' was developed. This is Microsoft's position on SMB1: Stop using SMB1. Stop using SMB1 . STOP USING SMB1! This is Microsoft's position o…

• Multi-system case

tkaiser - - My NAS Build

Quote from askthecableguy: “The only thing I wanted to add to my build was a hardware firewall on an SBC (banana Pi). ” Well, adding a packet filter to any setup doesn't improve security. Doesn't matter that much that Bananas usually only feature a single Ethernet interface. You might want to check Xunlong, FriendlyELEC and GlobalScale options with more than one NIC once you anticipated security best practices

• Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

tkaiser - - General

Quote from rem1: “What is 1T1R? ” Single antenna Wi-Fi. If you're not living in a rural area you can forget about any decent wireless throughput numbers. Cables exist for a reason

• Quote from maciekelga: “Bus 005 Device 002: ID 174c:55aa ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1051E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1053E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1153 SATA 3Gb/s bridge ... Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0bc2:5030 Seagate RSS LLC FreeAgent GoFlex Upgrade Cable STAE104 ” Which of these two is the disk you mention?

• Quote from NothingNowhere: “the card is a new SanDisk one so I hope it's not that ” Hopefully not a counterfeit card. Some time ago SanDisk estimated that around 30% of 'their' flash storage products sold world-wide were fakes.