Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• OMV 5.0 + Docker - Suggestion

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from ZiemaF: “I am particularly interested in OMV5 because (Debian 10) it will support my intel i5-8600k processor. ” OMV 4.x uses the backports 4.19 kernel by default and this is the exact same kernel that OMV 5/Debian 10 uses.

• NodeJS app on OMV server

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from mateMathieu: “I would like to know if you still agree with your own statement. ” Why wouldn't I? Quote from mateMathieu: “I would be glad if you can argue and develop your ground of thinking about this. ” Not sure what you are looking for but anytime you need to change settings with OMV's nginx instance, I would say it would be better to run the app in a docker.

• Quote from wolffstarr: “I noticed poking around that there were a ton of commits made to the plugin back in October 2018 that aren't part of the currently used plugin. I was toying with the idea of trying to rework some stuff (in my fumble-fingered way) but I'm not sure if that was stuff that was prep for 5.x, or if it was a partly-completed rewrite, or what. Any idea whether it's a partially complete rewrite or something prepping for 5.x? ” That was @subzero79 fixing a bunch of stuff. Not sure …

• Installing Docker and Krusader

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Updating to the latest openmediavault package is what fixed that error in your post. Updating to latest is the first thing I do after installing OMV.

• Installing Docker and Krusader

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Did you update your install from the Updates tab? Make sure to click Check in that tab first.

• Flash Memory Plugin

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from sweetbb: “I don't quite know how, but I've got it installed, but not sure if it is running at all. ” If it is installed, it should be working. Quote from geaves: “It displays under Storage select it and follow the instructions. ” They are optional instructions especially for noobs.

• Flash Memory Plugin

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from tkaiser: “did you update the repo recently? ” Nope.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from ZiemaF: “How to install Docker on OMV5.0? ” I haven't finished porting docker. So, you can run it from the command line if you want but I don't see much reason to run OMV 5.x yet.

• OMV and encrypted partitions

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from ralph99: “I heard that it's important to make a header-backp of encrypted partitions... Can that be done in the GUI of OMV as well? ” Yes

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from ZiemaF: “Bearing in mind how the Docker service is now popular, I think it should be delivered directly from OMV and not in OMV-Extras. ” Nice thought but Volker does not want to maintain that plugin and really shouldn't have to. Why is installing omv-extras so bad?

• Plex Update

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from tylerism: “The Plex plugin I suppose. Why abandon a great plugin to OMV when there is a solution. ” It definitely is not a great plugin and I wrote it. The solution you are referring to is a repo issue and not something the plugin should ever have to fix. The apt clean button in omv-extras would do this already. But this is still only a problem for the plugin. If you use docker, you could just update the image to get a new version. No repos to worry about.

• Repair grub on sdcard

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Could be combined with reworking the flashmemory plugin to use another zram device instead of tmpfs. ” I like that idea and I looked into this a little bit. folder2ram would have to changed to use zram instead of tmpfs unless the plugin did the zram stuff itself. Trying not to reinvent the wheel, is there something from armbian we could start with?

• Repair grub on sdcard

ryecoaaron - - General

I would rather remove all of the info because people worry too much about these completely optional steps. I would probably add a checkbox that would echo 'vm.swappiness=0' > /etc/sysctl.d/swap.conf -or- rm /etc/sysctl.d/swap.conf (since I like using the .d directories for config files) and then execute sysctl --system

• Quote from raulfg3: “Please can you confirm that, as you say perhaps is a missconfiguration on my side. ” I don't use minidlna. Maybe try a different docker image or leave it in host mode? Someone who uses minidlna would be better at answering this.

• Quote from raulfg3: “Please consider to maintain plugin because minidlna need host install to work , bridge mode have troubles to be discover by devices (TV) in my tests. ” I already ported it to OMV 5. I do think you have a problem with your docker setup though. There is no reason minidlna shouldn't work in docker.

• Quote from Antioch: “Any word on expected OMV5 release date or at least a more specific timeframe than "2019"? ” Nope. Volker always says it will be released when it is released.

• I do want to make this clear that this issue seems to be limited to Plex. I don't have any issues on my three systems running mergerfs with the plugin.

• Plex Update

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from tylerism: “why ain't it solved officially as a patch? ” What is supposed to be patched?

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from diveyez: “Does this project have a git repo I can file a pull and issue at? ” github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…iavault-docker-gui/issues