Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Migrating From Disk to USB

gderf - - General

Use Clonezilla or dd.

• Boot drive mirror satadom

gderf - - RAID

Quote from crashtest: “Quote from savellm: “When a new OMV update comes out, would I have to keep removing ram to do the updates? ” Assuming that nothing major changes in OMV, the next version may be available as a command line package upgrade. omv-release-upgrade ” My understanding of what will become OMV 5 is that an upgrade over any prior version will be impossible and a new install from scratch will be the only way to have it.

• You need to read the SnapRaid documentation before you make any attempts at recovering anything.

• The only other problem with a docker update was also with Deluge and this was attributed to some bad coding and inadequate testing by the developers prior to pushing the image out. Watchtower implemented the breakage but I would have manually update anyway and that would have broken it.

• OK here's what happened. Watchtower automatically upgraded Deluge docker image from 1.3.15 to 2.0.3 on my OMV box. But the client on remote machines remained at 1.3.15 which introduced an client - daemon incompatibility. Upgrading the client machines to 2.0.3 solves that problem. But once I was able to get reconnected to the new 2.0.3 daemon, I noticed some cosmetic bugs that were highly annoying and also that some must have previously working on 1.3.15 plugins are unavailable on 2.0.3. HUH? Not…

• Web interface is OK, but remote access via the app is broken. Shows as unavailable in Connection Manager. I didn't change anything other than noticing an update to the image a few hours ago.

• Plex Update

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from gderf: “If you are using a proper tag then all one has to do is restart the container. ” I guess it depends on the image and entrypoint script. I have used a few images that won't update with a restart. ” I was responding to the question about Plex dockers. I have used both the linuxserver.io and official Plex images. Both behave the way I described.

• Plex Update

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from gt4020: “2) How can i update plex server in docker? ” The same way you update any docker - delete the image and pull a new one. This obviously doesn't work if you are using a very specific tag though. Pretty sure the docker video thread has info on this. ” If you are using a proper tag then all one has to do is restart the container.

• [HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from Poincare1: “Well, I have two 8TB drives and what I want to do is combine them, with hopefully some raid config as a backup. The data on one of the 8TB is already being backed up. I thought we could have 1 drive data and another as parity? Is there some better way in Snapraid, or another OMV plugin, to get it working? ” Having only two drives and wanting to "combine" them is inconsistent with SnapRaid, but this does depend on what you mean by "combine" which you are not making clear he…

• Quote from phrogpilot73: “Thanks for all the suggestions. After setting up unionfs on the virtualbox, and watching some videos on SnapRAID - I think you guys are right, that is exactly the solution I'm looking for. The only weird thing I noticed was trying to link it with Plex, had to identify each individual HD's Media folder with Plex vice the pool that I created with unionfs. Not a big deal, but I could see as HDs get more and more (just two in the test environment) it could turn into a PITA.…

• Quote from phrogpilot73: “As for SnapRAID - I like your idea of two big parity drives, but it's not in the budget right now (I've already blown through the budget, and my wife keeps raising her eyebrow as I order more stuff) - can I swap in larger parity drives later on down the line? ” SnapRaid requires that your parity drives be either the largest in the array or you don't quite fill up your data drives 100% if they are the same size as the parity drives. I have grown my array over the years b…

• I use ext4 formatted drives with SnapRaid with two parity drives of 12TB each and six data drives of mixed sizes of 3TB, 4TB, 8TB and mergerfs. The current UnionFS solution within OMV is mergerfs, so there is nothing to compare between those. Greyhole on current OMV is AFAIK deprecated.

• How to make backup of OMV

gderf - - General

There is no facility within OMV to have a backup copy of all configured settings that can be simply pushed into a fresh installation and have it function as the originally configured installation. What you can do and should be doing is making a complete disk image of the system disk frequently, and especially immediately before making a potentially risky change to the configuration. This way, the entire OMV system can be restored to a blank disk and become an identical bit for bit copy of the pr…

• Yes. Use Clonezilla or dd.

• Plex Update

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “If you use docker, you could just update the image to get a new version. ” It's even simpler than that, if the container is properly setup. All you have to do is restart the container when a new plex version is available and it will update automatically.

• UnionFS and file distribution

gderf - - General

Quote from schulcz: “Quote from gderf: “Quote from schulcz: “I think I understood what you wrote, but what happens if I use Existing Path, Most Free Space policy, and the folder on first drive is filled full? I think UnionFS should create another folder with same name and path on other drive and continue write to there, but not this happens, it says there is nore more space on disk (however the other disk in pool is almost empty) ” The part you are missing is "Existing Path." If the path does no…

• UnionFS and file distribution

gderf - - General

Quote from schulcz: “I think I understood what you wrote, but what happens if I use Existing Path, Most Free Space policy, and the folder on first drive is filled full? I think UnionFS should create another folder with same name and path on other drive and continue write to there, but not this happens, it says there is nore more space on disk (however the other disk in pool is almost empty) ” The part you are missing is "Existing Path." If the path does not already exist on a drive, mergerfs wil…

• Here is one mergerfs entry from my fstab. There are other as well. Source Code (1 line)

• I only reboot for kernel updates, but since you mentioned that this may be part of your problem, I did reboot just now. All is well, no problems with Plex and my mergerfs pool. I should mention that I do not use the UnionFS plugin, I configure mergerfs by hand directly in /etc/fstab.

• OMV 4.x is Stretch based, not Jessie. I am running OMV 4.x and Plex in a docker. I too just recently upgraded to mergerfs 2.26.2~debian-stretch. I have no problems with Plex and this release of mergerfs.