Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

• Plex Update

gt4020 - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from gt4020: “Why to use docker instead a manual installation of plugin? ” Because the plex plugin is bad (I wrote it) and I don't want to do anything with it anymore. I want it to go away. Docker is very easy and keeps people from screwing up the OMV system. Quote from gt4020: “Can i download server plugin from plex site and install it manually? See attached screenshot, wich is the right version for Omv on Raspberry pi3? ” Installing the package on the host is much…

• Plex Update

gt4020 - - Plugins

I'm sorry but I'm completely noob on linux, omv, plex and raspberry. First time i installed plex from inside omv plugins and it worked (but with plex update request in the plex page). Then i removed it and installed plex in docker using Technodad video guide. Plex works but i can't no longer see miniatures on pictures and video and some tipe of video don't works. My question is: 1. Why to use docker instead a manual installation of plugin? 2. Can i download server plugin from plex site and insta…

• Plex Update

gt4020 - - Plugins

I, i have some issue with plex server in docker (on raspberry pi3+): thumbnails are not generated for my pictures, they appear only after i open images. Thumbnails for video are not generated at all (even after i watched videos). When i open plex page there is again plugin update request.. Questions are: 1) why thumbnails are not automatically generated (even after libraries was analyzed many times)? 2) How can i update plex server in docker? See attached screenshot. Before i used Plex standard …

• Plex Update

gt4020 - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Tuppe: “Is the Plex plugin still OK to use please, as it's listed on OMV-extras but there's a post on Plex forums saying it's no longer maintained. ” It might still work on amd64 and i386 systems but I'm done maintaining it. I didn't pull it from the repos because I figured people would complain. Docker is the way to go - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced ” I, that video guide is right even for OMV on Raspberry PI or there is …

• Quote from Adoby: “I also only use offline backups of my SD cards. I practice I use my Linux laptop with a SD card reader and some scripts to read or write cards. I talk about it in this thread: New to OMV and Linux There are many other tools and methods. But you need a SD card reader and the ability to clone the card. Either as a whole or in parts. I also use a Brother label printer to make labels I stick to the SD cards and to the HC2s to keep track of what card goes to what HC2, ctrl, nas1-na…

• Quote from crashtest: “Quote from akurzawa: “OMG is this a joke? This is the failure of this system. Wow I didn't expected that - I've working on numerous file system appliances, but I can't remember that any of them would not have ability to save and restore config. ” Don't you think that's a bit of an overreaction? Backing up your OS AND configuration is really easy to do and there are several ways to do it, to include installing a plugin designed for just that purpose. forum.openmediavault.or…

• DynDNS & No-IP free DDclient plugin

gt4020 - - Plugins

Hi, next days i will setup my nas with rasp pi3+. I'm totally noob with rasp but i configured a nas synology at work. I use webdav with it. I would like to use webdav even with OMV in the Lan and even from remote. I have to use this plugin for remote access or can i setup remote webdav access in another way? A good free ddns service that can i use?