Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 641.

• Samba Authenticate via LDAP (using SSSD)

donh - - CIFS/SMB

I am not sure if it requires kerberos or not. I have only done this on windows. There are other threads using realmd that you could look at too. google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=sssd+openldap

• Samba Authenticate via LDAP (using SSSD)

donh - - CIFS/SMB

Here is how I do it for windows. I don't know if it will work for openldap. You might be able to get some ideas. Test in a vm. There are other posts too. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ "P.s. I'm happy to share how I got any of the above working bits to work should anyone be interested." I am sure others will be interested in this. Thanks

• With no details how you connected to ad or what version server, it is hard to guess what may help.

• Did you try a reboot?

• Quote from votdev: “Are you on 4.1.22? The mentioned error should be fixed since many versions. ” Maybe there is a way to show the OMV version in the error down the road?

• I don't pass threw disks to proxmox so I can't speak to performance. I manage the disks in proxmox because it gives more options. It's easy to increase the size and zfs is far more stable in proxmox if you want to use that. I am sure there are other advantages too.

• Why thakes it so much time for reboot?

donh - - General

Try this on the cli. systemd-analyze blame 47.264s networking.service 2.818s sssd.service 2.024s dev-sda1.device 1.588s apt-daily.service 1.530s php7.0-fpm.service 1.331s openmediavault-engined.service 1.293s apt-daily-upgrade.service 1.268s nginx.service 1.069s openmediavault-issue.service 898ms smbd.service 895ms collectd.service 794ms keyboard-setup.service 755ms xinetd.service 724ms ssh.service 694ms systemd-user-sessions.service 679ms quota.service 634ms snmpd.service 574ms rrdcached.servic…

• Why thakes it so much time for reboot?

donh - - General

What version of OMV?

• Dumb question. Is OMV time synced the 2008 server?

• OS disk out of space - what to do?

donh - - General

How many older kernels are on your system? dpkg -l | grep linux-image | grep ii If you see more than two you can remove those and save 30M+ each. Most debian systems remove older kernels keeping the latest two or three. apt-get autoremove Unfortunately OMV does not do this. You have remove them yourself. I had a feature request to have OMV do this but but it was closed. github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues/299 Anyway if you are using more than 8GB you have something wrong as KM0201 sa…

• And FYI most releases have waited for the x.1 debian version. It is called stability. Testing is at your own risk. If you do not have the skills or want to learn them, wait. That said there are people here who will try to help you.

• Still a little confused but if the only one not working is the 2008 server try mapping a network drive. You can enter a different user and password that way.

• Can you continue? If so use a live cd to install grub.

• I doubt it supports uefi yet, may in the future. I installed the .iso and it went fine on proxmox. How are you installing" openmediavault.org/?p=2554

• Or boot a live cd of your choice and get the ip. Then reboot and try that ip again. It will probably get the same ip because dhcp will probably give it that based on the mac address. Worst case install debian minimal and install OMV on top of that.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from macom: “Does the proxmox 4.15 kernel have any significant disadvantage compared to 4.19 kernel? ” To add to donh's comments, the kernel is older and won't have all hardware support backported to it. This only really affects people running OMV on desktop grade bleeding edge hardware though. ” Ubuntu might have at least some support for "bleeding edge hardware"

• The proxmox is a modified ubuntu kernel. Both are more frequently updated than debian. Proxmox probably includes more mods for vm's, disk controllers and networking. Since that is the enviroment it lives in.

• failed to start Raise network interfaces

donh - - General

In the future snapshot before the upgrade or config changes. If it fails just roll it back. I always learn things the hard way too.

• failed to start Raise network interfaces

donh - - General

Did you try using omv-firstaid?

• The .iso works well as a proxmox vm. Have not tested much yet. I was able to connect it to a windows 2012r2 active directory. Using this Script. Only issue with AD was when I added this to SMB/CIFS extra options. Source Code (6 lines)Saved fine but when I hit the yellow confirm box it throws an error. Ignored it and ran the script anyway. All went well. After a reboot users and groups showed up and the yellow apply worked fine. Not sure what logs may apply to this. Tried to add my letsencrypt wi…