Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 632.

• The Piwigo Challenge

Blabla - - Docker

Great! I'll wait for the technodad guide than

• The Piwigo Challenge

Blabla - - Docker

Quote from HansGalliker: “Dear TechnoDadLife (what's your name really?) i am a great enthusiast of your videos and i installed omv, nextcloud and so on successfully. Piwigo i installed exactly following your instructions for Nextcloud (Mariadb and Docker Piwigo) and it works fantastic. For some days I give you an account for my album "Florida 19", so you can immagine how it works. cloud36.duckdns.org, user name: TechnoDadLife, PW: test. Yours Swiss enthusiastic. ” this you already have a working…

• Idea for huge poll to help users

Blabla - - Off-Topic

Yeah, i put 3 different sites, but I would go for poll.ly or quiz-maker. Waiting for some feedback, possibly from admin about the best section where put the poll, than I'll post it

Blabla - - Off-Topic

Just found this 3 sites: rkursem.com/poll/view.php?cmd=answer&id=abf7cbc73e7109eba poll.ly/#/LypAOXdr linkto.run/p/LZ9PNC9P This is, of course, a test. Are admins fine with this? I would add some options, then publish it. Which do you think would be better?

Blabla - - Off-Topic

I just had this idea after reading your post. The problem with the dockerhub most popular image is that most of them are meant for different uses case than OMV. Example: i doubt many ùomv users are interested in Oracle database enterprise edition. I'm looking for a strawpoll site that will let users add ther own option and has no expire date. Than I was thinking about creating a topic in the "my build" or "docker" section, and ask to stick it to the top so that new and old users can look at it e…

Blabla - - Off-Topic

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask if it would be possible to create a huge poll about the most used dockers. Since docker is now the suggested way to install things, I thought that huge like that will help users find new thingthat they can with their NAS/server with OMV! The ideal thing would be to let user add option to the poll since 20 options are just not enough. Otherwise does anyone know a strawpoll that let users add their options and will not close the poll after few days?

• video request

Blabla - - General

@TechnoDadLife I have a request: Could you please make a guide to set up ProtonVPN via OpenVPN on OMV?

• Not sure if it's possible on linux: you could create a virtual port that will have the you in the VPN lan. I still think that it would be way easier to recieve a correct ip from your VPN.

• Micro atx case with 6 3,5"bay?

Blabla - - My NAS Build

thanks that one is great since it has two front fans, it's a pity that there isn't a "silent" with sound bumper. Still a great case since for a micro ATX NAS. If I had to build a nas right now I would probably spend a little more and go for a mini itx with node 302 for a way smaller case thought.

• My final HW config

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Quote from Shinobi: “Quote from Blabla: “Out ou curiosity, why you're going for an i3 rather than a Pentium g5400? ” because i already had the i3... But it also has a better perfomance. Why would you go with the G5400? ” if you had to buy it new, g5400 cost is half the cost of the i3. Also has less power draw. I have a 4400 and it usually never go over 3/4% apart when using plex. i3 is way overkill if you use basic things like torrent, sonarr, samba. Still, if you already have it, there is no po…

• My final HW config

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Out ou curiosity, why you're going for an i3 rather than a Pentium g5400?

• My final HW config

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Blabla: “I would love an arm cpu as powerfull as snapdragon 855 with 6 sata ports and a 2,5gbps port, but it doesn't exist right now ” A NAS doesn't need a powerful CPU. At least not a powerful AP (NAS SoCs differentiate between application processor (AP) and communication processor(s) --> CP). See Marvell 7k/8k for example. Something with 7 SATA ports and 2.5GbE and a dual-core ARM is lying on my desk BTW: It's a Solid-Run Clearfog Pro with 2 additional PCIe atta…

• My final HW config

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Blabla: “that build is perfect ” Not for me The NAS of my dreams would occupy two real SATA slots, an energy efficient ARM SoC equipped with two SATA ports and 2.5GbE, the whole thing can be powered by a 12V/4A brick and will idle at below 3W with disks spun down. ” I would love an arm cpu as powerfull as snapdragon 855 with 6 sata ports and a 2,5gbps port, but it doesn't exist right now. Since I need plex, the average plex motherboard is not good enough for me.

• My final HW config

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Blabla: “if you use the m2 disk, one sata port will be disabled, so you will have 5 sata ports ” That's why @Shinobi talks about NVMe und not a SATA M.2 SSD. ” Cool! I didn't know that. In that case that build is perfect

• My final HW config

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Quote from Shinobi: “Hey guys, I have finalized my hardware list and feedback is appreciated. Case: Fractal node 304 (wow, nobody else uses that CPU: i3-8100T RAM: 16GB DDR4 Mobo: AsRock H370M Cooler: Arctic Freezer 12 Co (semi passive) PSU: SilverStone SFX 300W (semi passive) NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB HDDs: 2x 8TB WD Red I want to use one HDD for data and the other one for parity. The NVME is for the OS, but will be partioned and also serve as a highspeed datastore. Should I use SnapRAID for th…

• Micro atx case with 6 3,5"bay?

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a micro ATX case that can fit up to 6 HDDs and doesn't cost more than 100€. Something like the nanoxia deep silence 4 is fine, but I would prefer something with 2 front fans so that it will keep the hdds cooler. If possible I would like it to be silent, that's why I looked for the nanoxia. Also I don't care about the 5,25" bay.

• Aria2 as download manager?

Blabla - - Docker

Hi everyone, I need a download manager that supports webui. I found this aria2 webui and it seems a lot better than pyload. Do some of you managed to have it works? Otherwise, do you know about a download manager with webui that is lightier than pyload? I don't want to use jdownloader since it need an account and I don't really like it.

• - MSI X470 Gaming Pro, socket AM4 motherboard -> no real point in going for x470. Just go for a b450. - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G -> good choise - Noctua NH-U12S -> noctua is great, but since the ryzen is not too hot you can go for cheaper cpu cooler like be quiet or schyte, or even a chepear noctua. - Corsair 32 GB DDR4-2666 -> go for a 3200mhz ram, not 2666. Ryzen benefits a lot from ram frequency. Also 8gb of ram are enough normally. 16 is already overkill for me. Really depends on how many transcodi…

• Cannot access OMV Webgui anymore

Blabla - - General

I would also suggest to check if the disk is full. It happened to me that I wasn't able to login because the disk was 100% full.

• Bitwarden over Internet

Blabla - - Docker

Quote from fraxor: “Hi All, i have some trouble installing Bitwarden on my OMV 4.x i followed TDL Bitwarden guide and worked for me! Thank you for the guide! Side note: that costed me a lot of time... if you install it on a ARM-CPU just add the Tag for your architecture. In my case, with a NanoPi M4 was the Tag "aarch64" I can't get the Bitwarden to work as i'd like. what i want is when i call mybitwarden.ddns.com that work with SSL. * URL * RESULT * mybitwarden.ddns.com * unable to connect * my…