Search Results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

• Create Ram disk and share over SMB

waqaslam - - General

Thanks @ryecoaaron, now I understand what you mean by using the extra options of SMB/CIFS. I've added the following in the SMB/CIFS -> Setup (Advanced settings) and it worked as expected. Source Code (8 lines)Now I can find RamDrive as a samba share in Windows and it's working great.

waqaslam - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from waqaslam: “Am I doing anything wrong at this point? ” Possibly related: but what do you want to achieve with this approach of sharing a RAM disk? OMV is about NAS so we're talking about network access. Isn't this already the bottleneck for spinning rust or is your OMV box equipped with 40GbE or better? ” I wanted to to have a storage location which is not bind to any physical disk, so that I can transact some trivial data without waking the drives. One use case sc…

waqaslam - - General

Thanks for the tips. I added a tmpfs entry (line#16) in fstab and the file looks as below: Source Code (21 lines) And when I df -h in console, I can see the RamDrive (line#9) mounted correctly: Source Code (21 lines)However, under web-admin -> File Systems I cannot find the option to mount the RamDrive. It is not listed there. I0Se9lM VKkN5MG Am I doing anything wrong at this point?

waqaslam - - General

Hi My OMV NAS has plenty of RAM available. So I wonder, is it possible to set aside a part of free RAM into a tmpfs disk and share it over SMB/CIFS? Just so you know, I have already achieved this on one of my ubuntu-server which is working great. The reason why I'm not thinking to apply that same procedure on OMV is because for e.g. fstab and samba configurations are better handled through its web admin-interface. Therefore, I would appreciate a similar sophisticated solution through GUI. Or Is …