Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• I don't use a scratch drive... Even with medioocre storage drives (5400) my data accesses plenty fast enough for me. I don't use Plex or Emby anymore, as I found I liked just pointing Kodi at a network share much much better. I do a good bit of torrent downloading, and even moving large downloads from my download location (just on my general storage drives, no SSD) to the appropriate folder is fine for me. Ymmv. I'm not a fan of having the os and data on the same disk. I know a lot of folks do i…

• Best choice for NAS? Intel/AMD?

KM0201 - - My NAS Build

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from KM0201: “It's just the NIC's I've had problems with. I tried many drivers, tweaks, etc. to no avail. I'm done with them ” Fine for you. But I think it's a rather bad recommendation in general in 2019. I hated RealTek NICs back in the day when I assembled servers because they were so slow compared to Intel or Broadcom. But obviously times have changed and for something like a light OMV box if there's a recent 8111 on the mainboard why not trying it out first. If pr…

KM0201 - - My NAS Build

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from MarlonJCsg: “You had problems with the motherboard that uses the Realtek network, is that it? ” Users had bad experiences with old RealTek gear and now they try to convince everyone that RealTek is bad in general while there are really not that much issues with recent 8111G or 8111H controllers known. But since a lot of RealTek bashing is flooding the net users even waste their time frickling around with drivers instead of working through potential issues from bot…

KM0201 - - My NAS Build

Quote from MarlonJCsg: “Quote from KM0201: “I say this so often I feel like a a televangelist on the issue, but I don't mind staying in the pulpit.. I've used both over the years, and have no issue with either CPU. My issue has more to do with the motherboards the CPU is installed on. Most AMD boards I find seem to use Realtek NIC's, which I have had nothing but problems with in Linux over the years. Many report they now work just fine, but I've wrote them off for good. Atheros and Intel NIC's h…

• While I can't say for sure (I've not had any either)... this seems pretty normal to me for a few reasons. Debian 9's last point release was the end of April. While it hasn't officially moved to "old stable" yet, it only makes sense that as Debian 10 moves closer to release, Debian 9's updates will be come less and less frequent. With Debian 10 nearing release, I'm guessing Volker is concentrating on OMV 5 and not adding any features to OMV 4. Most major bugs have probably been worked out by now …

• Flashmemory Plugin

KM0201 - - Plugins

No, not normal.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Agoodpaddlin: “I think this rabbit hole may be too deep for me ” I asked you to look into syslog. In case there's something you don't understand then post it here. Following random 'advice' on the Internet to adjust DNS settings or some other distracting stuff won't improve your situation. You re-used a disk that was in use before as an OS X install instead of wiping it in OMV's UI and formatting it with one of the supported filesystems. That's where your problems…

• System partition full (newbie)

KM0201 - - General

Sharedfolders is where your OMV folders are stored. Nothing there should be on your SDcard (unless you've done something really unique with your setup).

KM0201 - - General

Quote from FabrizioMaurizio: “no, it's transmission ” Then I'm guessing you've got downloads that are on the sdcard and are thus filling it up.

KM0201 - - General

If that "one docker" is Plex or Emby, that is plenty if docker is not set up properly. forum.openmediavault.org/index…sing-space-on-boot-drive/

• Micro atx case with 6 3,5"bay?

KM0201 - - My NAS Build

This one is really close to what you're asking newegg.com/midnight-black-bitf…i-tower/p/N82E16811345035 It's does not have front cooling, but the drive cage is cooled from above and below and there's a spot for a rear exhaust fan. It only has 5 bays however. Are you installing OMV to a 3.5 drive, or to a 2.5in drive that will require one of those bays? A little creativity might free up one of those bays... 1. Use a USB header cable and install OMV to a flash drive.. a flash drive could literally…

• Troubles with fresh install

KM0201 - - General

Is it safe to assume the install is freezing and not completely booting? I done some Googling and came up with several Manjaro and Linux Mint hits.. most seem to suggest it's Linux not playing well with the GPU. Scroll down to "Freezes during boot sequence".... Granted this is Linux Mint, but it won't hurt to try it on a Debian install to see if it resolves the problem. linuxmint.com/rel_tara_cinnamon.php So try setting nomodeset as instructed there, and see if that lets the machine boot to prom…

KM0201 - - My NAS Build

Quote from MarlonJCsg: “Hello Everyone! It's my first post on here! (First of all, I want to apologize for any errors in the text, my English is not very good, and sometimes I end up using a translator!) Well, I want to build a desktop to install OMV, but I have a question! What is the best option to use OMV? Intel? AMD? I've always liked Intel, but I wanted to use AMD because it's a cheaper option in my country But I'm afraid that the AMD processor has a future problems The other pieces will be…

• OMV willnot update

KM0201 - - General

Quote from crashtest: “Quote from jfs50: “should i be using a newer version? ” No OS will update indefinitely. If you want patches and better security, updating is the only path available. On the other hand, what you have seems to be working for you, but there's no forum support for it if something goes wrong. (If there's a problem, all would tell you to update.) Your call. ” Staying with an OS that old, is absurd and it's really hard to justify it in my mind, no matter the circumstances. If you…

• Sounds like a browser cache issue. You can confirm this by opening a browser in Incognito/Privacy mode, going to your omv address and trying to log in. Assuming it works, that means you just need to clear your cache... Go to the OMV webUI address. Hold Control and click Refresh. Log in.

• Im not familiar with the Synology, but if it is formatted in ext4, it should be no problem

• OMV stops responding

KM0201 - - General

I'd agree the USB drive is probably toast.

• installation omv5 on usb stick false

KM0201 - - General

Hmm, that's weird. Sounds like the installer isn't installing grub for some reason. I've not really had time to mess with Omv 5 yet.

• You should really learn Docker and install Plex via docker. The guy who made the plugin is not supporting it anymore and if he responds, that's what he's going to tell you to do.

• installation omv5 on usb stick false

KM0201 - - General

Quote from happyreacer: “i will test the omv5.0.1 beta image. The image is made on a usb stick an a other usb stick is pluged in in the computer for a test installation. The installation stoped on the creating the grub boot devise. But the normal debian installation works well. Is thed a point to make a report on github? ” It's because your install flash drive, is being detected as sda, and your "target" flash drive, is being detected as sdb. dcandy.wordpress.com/2015/01/0…ls-to-install-bootload…