Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 137.

• Surveillance camera system with OMV

Virgil.A - - Off-Topic

There is a tutorial done by @TechnoDadLife is probably on the forum in tutorials but check this video he made youtube.com/watch?v=oNH9_y5Kirk&t=57s should help you to setup the soft.

• Docker -> letsencrypt for https -> duckdns for ddns -> plex for video streaming My setup is quite robust and can be accessed via web and is secured with https, also control my rig with WOL so I can keep energy consumption low when I don't use it, and for a failsafe the server is connected to a smart socket so I can control it via phone app, and another failsafe is my home router which is also setup to a ddns so if something happens with the server I can always manage my router to diagnose. Short…

• Access to files from Internet

Virgil.A - - General

Quote from maciekelga: “With using Nextcloud You can still have mapped disk as network disk in Windows and have a access to files from Nextcloud or Samba? ” Not really as the files are stored in nextcloud for each user but in your case probably using filebrowser, you can mount any folders from your HDD and if I remember correctly you have a share option you might need to experiment with it hub.docker.com/r/filebrowser/filebrowser

• OpenVPN - can't log in

Virgil.A - - Plugins

My advice to you guys is to stop using this plugin, it does not work for me either, and it happens every time I update something on the server, so I chose to go the docker way. Fairly simple: hub.docker.com/r/kylemanna/openvpn open ssh terminal to your server and copy paste: OVPN_DATA="ovpn-data-myvpn"docker volume create --name $OVPN_DATA docker run -v $OVPN_DATA:/etc/openvpn --log-driver=none --rm kylemanna/openvpn ovpn_genconfig -u udp://DNS-SERVER.COM-OR-IP docker run -v $OVPN_DATA:/etc/open…

• OpenVPN - can't log in

Virgil.A - - Plugins

Quote from peluka82: “thanks for answering so fast. ” Tested the plugin and for me it works, from the error message you are getting I do not think it is openvpn server issue it looks more like you can't reach your machine at all from your client. Is your server behind a router ? If yes than in your router you need to open port 1194 for server local IP in the network. For me it looks like this in my router: forum.openmediavault.org/index…04815df1d8e783a2e145e8916

• OpenVPN - can't log in

Virgil.A - - Plugins

Quote from peluka82: “Hi,I am trying to apply the solution in omv 4.1.3. and the server keeps responding "waiting for server".It's still working?Thank you. ” From what I remember this is no longer an issue in 4.1.3 as it was fixed and tested by multiple users. Can you post your config and your server.conf ?

• Quote from vim: “Not sure if it's possible, but it would be useful if you can copy an existing or the default theme to create a new theme. After that, to be able to download it and to make changes to that theme and re-upload it would be great. In the meantime, I'd like to create my own theme and then send it to you for inclusion in the plugin. How can I create my own theme? Is there some information somewhere that would help with this? Thanks ” Due to work related issues I don't have too much ti…

• Quote from Paradido: “I can recommend the web browser extension DarkReader. It works perfectly fine with OMV (I personally use Filter setting, not Dynamic, for pure black) and looks amazing. And it doesn't have the risk of screwing something up in the installation process and it won't suddenly stop working because of an OMV update. ” Not a bad plugin to be honest the only thing is I for one really dislike plugins that can read data.

• Try to access the web ui from a phone or another pc

• Clear browser cache, but first try in an incognito window, I sometimes get those.

• There is no update since the release, there are a lot of things happening in my life and I don't have time to invest in more features for the time being, I will still maintain it and fix bugs. Also if you press the update button from the plugin update page, ignore what you see in the console unless it is an error, because I am updating plugin files not the package itself. Also I don't know german, if you have questions make sure they are translatable in english as google translate is confused to…

• Quote from grusu: “Yes, I put it back already and the problem has been solved. To conclude: Be careful when using "unofficial" tools. Thank you, Geo ” Could not agree more, use this on your own risk said it many times but, may I know what version of the tool you are using ? Because in the latest version which is v3.0.0 released I think a month ago or more, the reason I say this is because I fixed this problem. (github.com/virgil-av/omv-theme…tions/themes-functions.sh) The theme changing mechanis…

• VPN Internet Access

Virgil.A - - Network

Post your VPN config, blur out the internet IP or DNS. I have no issue with the following config: SETTINGS: General settings: - Configure the plugin: - enable: true - port: 1194 - use compression: true - PAM: true VPN network: - Address: 10.8.0.0 - MASK: 255.255.255.0 - Gateway interface: your internet interface (mine is ens5, but the interface is in the dropdown list just select the one connected to the internet) - Default gateway: true DHCP options everything is empty Public: - Public address:…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Virgil.A: “When you uninstall the plugin the openvpn service will still be installed on your server ” Not quite. If package A installs package B because it is a dependency in the control file, package B will be uninstall when package A is uninstalled UNLESS package B is a dependency of another package installed since package A was installed. Hope that makes sense.Quote from Virgil.A: “Add apt-get remove openvpn on postrm script when you remove the plugin you al…

• Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?

Virgil.A - - Plugins

Quote from onixid: “I just reinstalled OMV 4.1.3 from scratch and when I enabled the OpenVPN plugin I got the following errors (in order): Source Code (1 line)” Can you specify is this a pc, mini pc, single board. Are you running as admin or logged as user. Steps to replicate this. Either way my advice it to remove plugin than open a terminal and uninstall openvpn service with apt-get remove openvpn And than install the plugin again, for me it looks like it probably failed to pull some dependenc…

• Quote from levi27: “You can easily replace this if after uninstalled plugin delete /etc/openvpn folder. ” Took me a while to understand what is going on but no it is not that. So after thinking quite a bit on this one I realised one thing that if you install the plugin for the first time everything will be fine, and if you delete the folder /etc/openvpn it will create problems, no matter how many times you uninstall and reinstall the plugin, and the reason behind all of this is quite simple. In …

• Quote from levi27: “I've made some OMV installations and now I know what's wrong with the plugin. (Normal PC based computer (HP Micro server), not a single board computer.) The plugin creates /etc/openvpn folder at the first installation and creates the /pki folder at enabling. Once the plugin is removed, will not create the /etc/openvpn folder next time when you reinstall it. If the folder is missing, plugin does not warn you and in this way it is not able to create the pki folder at enabling. …

• Nextcloud Broken

Virgil.A - - General

I have been thinking about this but makes no sense, by any means you should be able to access it. I wonder if the letencrypt redirects are acting up. From your description duckdns seems to do the job of updating the IP and redirecting to the correct place. So why is not working I have no idea at this point. Regarding the update just update mariadb and nextcloud does not matter the order just be sure you have backed up the database and configurations. When you access nextcloud via local ip is it …

• Quote from levi27: “Hi, The latest version of the OpenVPN plugin (4.0.2) cannot be enabled. The following error always stops enabling: Source Code (1 line)Please, fix it. The previous version (4.0.1) had no such problem. Thanks. ” The change in the plugin has nothing to do with your error, the change itself is just one more line of text inside the config file, unless something else changed that is not the issue. From that log you posted 'mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/etc/openvpn/pki’: No such…

• Nextcloud Broken

Virgil.A - - General

never experienced that error but from a search I came across this article digitalocean.com/community/que…ry-is-missing-or-disabled related to mariadb and wordpress but still similar error first run in your terminal: apt-cache search php7.0-* and see if you are missing php7.0-zip on my server is present Source Code (5 lines)