Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 32.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from no_jah: “how do I set that up in the OMV OpenVPN control panel? ” I would assume you don't since this is OpenVPN (VPN server) while you need client functionality here since the box in the office has to establish the VPN connection to go through the office's firewall. ” Exactly, but why did you suggest something that is not possible. Of course it's possible to do just about anything via CLI, but I would like to avoid messing with that? I just think it a bit strange…

• Ok, I didn't know you could set up site-to-site OpenVPN in OMV, how do I set that up in the OMV OpenVPN control panel?

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from no_jah: “I want to have one OMV as a off-site backup for some stuff and place it at my office, but I don't have access to the company router/firewall ” You might think about the reason why you 'don't have access to the company router/firewall' and whether the people responsible for your company's security will be happy about you digging a hole through their firewall. If in doubt simply ask the IT staff since while technically possible to establish an OpenVPN from …

• Hi, What's the recommended way to connect two OMV-boxes over Internet? I want to have one OMV as a off-site backup for some stuff and place it at my office, but I don't have access to the company router/firewall, so it would be hard to use the OpenVPN AS in OMV at the office. At home I have a pfSense that I can connect via both OpenVPN and IPsec tunnels I guess the most practical way would be if it was possible to use either IPsec or OpenVPN client to connec to my pfSense, but since that's not a…

• But it work just fine without // in the server field when the server is on the same LAN?

• Quote from subzero79: “But I am getting confused. Can you mount using command line in omv without the plugin? Try firing up a vm with omv4 see if the remote file system plugin works better. If the host is reachable don’t know why the command is indicating host is down. Can you post a screenshot of the configuration window for the share(remote share) ” How do I remote mount using command line without the plugin? This is what the remote share looks like: i.imgur.com/nx1L79F.png

• Quote from subzero79: “Yeah that plugin wasn’t the best at 3.x, was much improved later at 4.x. Error says host is down. Using ip or host name in the setting ? ” I've tried both IP and hostname, and I've tried it over two different tunnels and neither works. But if the remote share is on my LAN it works, so I guess it's something about the IPsec tunneling and Remote Mount combination that doesn't want to play?

• Quote from subzero79: “Simple test. Can you ping the remote host from omv? ” Yes, as I wrote I can ping the host, and I can also list the shares on the remote host using smbclient in cli. Quote from subzero79: “also post the screenshot of the remote share configuration. Is this 3.x or 4.x? ” It is 3.x, and I can mount shares on my local network, so I wonder if there is some limitation in the Remote Mount plugin that makes it not want to mount share on remote networks?

• I'm trying to mount a remote share on the other side of a IPsec tunnel using remote mount, but I can't get it to work. Is OMV on some way blocking SMB from non local network? My OMV-box have IP 192.168.15.12, and the host with the remote share is 192.168.21.58. I can ping the host, and the shares at 192.168.21.58 is accessable from my network using Windows machines This is the error I get when trying to mount the romte share: pastebin.com/raw/Nx7BLdMw I also installed smbclient using the console…

• OpenVPN - can connect only to Server

no_jah - - Plugins

Quote from GeeBee: “Hi, I just installed the latest Version of OMV 3.x and I am now trying to get VPN working. The service itself works, I can connect to the VPN Server, but I can only connect to the OMV-Machine and nothing else. I cant ping or browse to any other device in the network, and I also can't connect to the Internet through VPN. But connection to the server itself works pretty fine: I can open the OMV WebGUI, I can ssh into the server and so on. I am pretty much out of ideas where the…

• yeah, ok. I think I see what you mean.

• I'm using Openmediavault-Backup and have set it to keep the last 3 backups, but it doesn't seems to work, at the moment I have 5 saved backups. Could it be that 5 is the minimum number of backups to save?

• Quote from subzero79: “I added a spam bot, unfortunately the spam bot needs to get invited every month, because it leaves automatically. Will have to look into adding it again, because I haven’t been there lately. ” ok, great!

• I'm connected to about 20 channels at freenod, and I only see this spamming at #openmediavault, and it's been going for about a week. All the channel operator nedds to do it set channel mode +R for it to stop?

• Any ideas what's up with all the spamming in the IRC channel at freenode?

• openmediavault-remotedesktop 1.0

no_jah - - Plugins

Hmm, a reeboot did the trick. I didn't think linux needed reboots... Thanks for the assistance!

no_jah - - Plugins

The output of: service xrdp start looks like this Source Code (3 lines) I was also suprised that ther is no checkbox to enable/disable the RDP service in the WebUI. Maybe I should try to uninstall/reinstall the Remote Desktop plugin?

no_jah - - Plugins

The output looks for ps aux | grep rdp looks like this: Source Code (2 lines) What does this mean?

no_jah - - Plugins

I'm connecting locally using the default port (3389), and I've tried all the encryption levels. I'm getting this: RDP_error.gif Edit. Oh, I did even try running a port scanner, but it does'nt detect port 3389 being open on the openmediavault box.

no_jah - - Plugins

I just tried installing the openmediavault-remotedesktop 1.0 plugin, but how does it work? Shouldn't I be able to connect using Windows RDP client? I try to connect using RDP client but the remote desktop server doesn't seem to exist?