Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from marik9581: “Dietpi is like os ” I am quite familiar with Dietpi. Quote from marik9581: “Omv can be installed on it. ” Can and should are two different things... Quote from marik9581: “So ill look for another os image. ” What kind of system? There should be no need to find another OS image. OMV 4.x should only be installed on Debian 9.x

• Quote from goyetus: “I want to know how to install OMV 5 in RPI 4 , The only version I see in the website is for amd64....... so, I need a guide. XD ” Just guessing since I don't have one. Install the raspbian for RPi4. Follow guide - forum.openmediavault.org/index…OMV5-on-Debian-10-Buster/

• 502 bad gateway nginx OMV 4 Rock64

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from maciekelga: “which version of OMV release is the best for Rock64 ? Which is the most stable version? ” 4.x is the best for all supported devices including the rock64. This seems like a bad SD card. Is it new and good quality?

• OMV4 unmet dependencies

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from MarcS: “/var/lib/app-info/yaml/ftp.uk.debian.org_debian_dists_stretch_main_dep11_Components-amd64.yml.gz ” rm /var/lib/app-info/yaml/ftp.uk.debian.org_debian_dists_stretch_main_dep11_Components-amd64.yml.gz then apt clean again.

• Quote from goyetus: “Could you guide us on how to install It in rpi4? Im newbie ” Please remember you are using a beta version of OMV where most of the omv-extras are not ready on a brand new board...

ryecoaaron - - General

You have nothing configured in the nginx plugin. So, that isn't causing the problem. What about (as root) rm /var/run/php-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock systemctl restart php7.0-fpm.service

• NTP Server for OMV

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from R2D2: “I'm not really into it but home assistant for example uses chrony as ntp server if I get it right: github.com/hassio-addons/addon-chrony ” My bad... I thought it was client only. I haven't looked at the config in a long time. That was my only reason for saying OMV shouldn't be an ntp server. Quote from R2D2: “Odroid hc has a build in rtc with battery connector for it. ” I know. It doesn't come with the battery though. So, I wouldn't do it unless the battery was added. Quote fro…

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from maciekelga: “Hmm, Is it any way You can help me? ” I have minimal time but I can't help you if you don't post any of your config. Quote from maciekelga: “Of course I can install again, but I don`t like to do it every 5-6 weeks... ” Why would you have to reinstall? Just uninstall the nginx plugin and move it to docker if you ever plan on using OMV 5 - Why should you use or not use dockers

• NTP Server for OMV

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from R2D2: “doesn't like it to have omv as an ntp source? ” Quote from R2D2: “Wait! What? why? ” It has nothing to do with whether I like the idea or not. chrony is an ntp client only. It cannot act as a server. So, if OMV switched to chrony, it could never be an ntp server. That said, I would never use any arm device for ntp server unless it had an RTC AND RTC battery. It also must have an internet connection to public ntp servers to be of any use.

• Quote from marik9581: “I have 2 hdd i need as raid ” Why raid? Raid isn't backup. Quote from marik9581: “eed them to work as a private cloud for me. ” nextcloud is probably the right thing. Quote from marik9581: “How about dietpi? ” Why would I recommend something other than OMV?

• Where is URbackup?

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

What is the output from the apt clean button in omv-extras? It is definitely in the repo (unless this is an arm64 system) - bintray.com/openmediavault-plu…ediavault-urbackup-server

ryecoaaron - - General

Great. I didn't think nginx was the problem. So, it must be your config for fpm. I can't see your config though...

• Quote from marik9581: “what do you mean desktop enviroment? On my linux? I have gui, right. Im trying to install a gui file manager? Yes. Why is it not recommended? ” Desktop environment = GUI I have explained why it is not recommended many times in plenty of threads on this forum. Quote from marik9581: “And how come 2 installs restarting are not omv related issue? How and where can i get help for this? ” They aren't plugins and don't have anything to do with OMV. Just because you install a linu…

try (as root)omv-aptclean which needs omv-extras installed.

ryecoaaron - - General

Since the nginx plugin is installed, I'm guessing there is some bad config in the server tab of that plugin. This is a good reason to use docker. What is the output of: sudo nginx -t (there really isn't a config test for php-fpm which may be the problem).

• New Raspberry Pi

ryecoaaron - - General

A few more tidbits... forum.openmediavault.org/index…-announced-better-than-3/

• Quote from Blabla: “Does OMV5 support ext4/ZFS? On github there is a huge discussione about OMV 5 only supporting BTRFS. ” All of that was pushed to OMV 6. OMV 5 will support ext4 and zfs.

• Neither of these problems have anything to do with OMV and it seems like you are running a desktop environment which we recommend not doing.

Quote from MarcS: “What can I do ? ” The 'rc' status of most of your packages means you uninstalled OMV. You can try reinstalling the package and plugins.

• Quote from edterbak: “did I miss something? ghehehe.. a post deleted and the boy or girl is banned.. curious ” They had random looking username, three posts of no value, and one of the posts in another thread was pointing to a completely unrelated url that seemed questionable. If they aren't a spammer, my bad but I doubt it. They can always sign up with a new account and ask me why. We get enough real human spammers that I don't wait until they cause a lot of problems.