Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Final remark: This is not about OMV 5. This is about support for the existing OMV user base on any of the Raspberry Pi variants from 2 to 4. ” Final remark?? Read what I said. I didn't say it had anything to do with OMV 5.x. I said I don't want to do it. I mentioned OMV 5.x because it is more important for me to spend my time on it and I don't even want to do that.

• Quote from RPMan: “Docker OMV plugin does not implement real dependencies between services. ” It does exactly what the docker run command does. This isn't a problem with the plugin. This is easy with docker-compose.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Most probably the best way to fix this would be to ship with the APT pinning adoptions via an OMV Extras update. Once APT pinning is adjusted my OMV image can be updated and will then work flawlessly on any RPi 4 as well. ” Super exciting... I barely want to do anything with OMV 5.x stuff let alone more hacks specifically for the RPi. And since I don't have an RPi4, someone else will have to submit the PR to add this.

• Ssd for config files.

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

Quote from Safidk: “So just skip the ekstra ssd and run everything on the wd reds? ” Sure.

• Ssd for config files.

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

Quote from Safidk: “is it redundant? ” it would be redundant unless your plex collection is huge and fills the first ssd.

• Read problem #4 here- forum.openmediavault.org/index…tions-to-common-problems/

• Most of the omv-extras plugins have not been ported to 5.x yet. Will they be ready when 5.x is released? I don't know. If they aren't ready, don't move to 5.x until they are.

• Questions about zfs snapshot guide

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “I would applaud that as well if the author wouldn't have stopped to learn some time ago and still actively refuses to learn. ” I applaud anyone who writes guides. If someone's guide has wrong info, I try to point it out nicely instead of telling them how worthless their effort is. Like a lot of documentation, you should compare to other documentation and learn about what you are doing. Guides should be a starting point. I'm sure I have posted plenty of things that are wrong …

• OMV-Downloader

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Working just fine for me. It is possible it doesn't like the utf-8 characters in the sharedfolder name. The permissions on the sharedfolder don't really apply since it runs the command with elevated privileges.

• Error installing docker.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from GTvert90: “will they be deleted when I uninstall the plug in? ” I don't think so but I have never had a real plex install. Backup your system.

• Quote from jordz_3: “Any chance for any extra help. Been going at this for 2 days trying all forum help but pretty much nothing. ” My first advice would not use an rpi (maybe the rpi4 will be ok) but since no one will listen to that, you need to install docker-ce first without the plugin installed and then the plugin. I gave up on trying to get the plugin that installs correctly on everything else to work on rpi.

• Misc Problems

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from MarcS: “Is there some kind of instruction. ” No because it is generally recommended against. There is no way to fix a shared folder that has had its storage removed though. Backup the file and then try editing. It is xml. Quote from MarcS: “I dont really know what to edit there exactly. ” Look in the sharedfolder section of the xml and look for the shared folder name that you want to delete.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from GTvert90: “I was suprised to find the plex plugin ” I would love to get rid of it. Quote from GTvert90: “s it OMV5 plugins are going away? what changed your mind? ” Plugins aren't going away. Some are moving to docker. Why should you use or not use dockers Quote from GTvert90: “should I move to docker anyway? ” Yes

• How do I install OMV on Ubuntu?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from KM0201: “most are specific to Ubuntu so people add them way more frequently. ” I think docker reduces that desire even on Ubuntu.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Something is very wrong. I would do the following: apt-get purge openmediavault-omvextrasorg wget http://omv-extras.org/omvextras4.deb dpkg -i omvextras4.deb omv-mkconf apt apt-get update cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

I'm not sure why omv-mkconf omvextras isn't fixing the repo file. Try omv-mkconf apt and then cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from GTvert90: “Same issue ” Can't see your pic. Quote from GTvert90: “I even redownload omvextras because I was having issues enabling the Dockers repo. I was able to enable it earlier just can't install the plug-in. I came across a Reddit thread about uninstalling curl 7.2 and going back to 7 even though 7 is included in omv4?? ” If it is still trying to install php5 then omv-extras repos aren't updated. Try omv-mkconf omvextras and then omv-aptclean

• Misc Problems

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from MarcS: “Any more ideas? ” You will probably have to remove the sections for each one from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

• Misc Problems

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from MarcS: “Still having trouble with removing the shares though ” Have you fully updated the system and rebooted since fixing the other issue?