Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Problems With Docker

crashtest - - Docker

I couldn't confirm how to remove Docker (and the plugin) safely on the CLI. Using some apt-get commands incorrectly, (with autoremove, --purge, etc.) may come with unintended consequences. ____________________________________________________ Tagging @ryecoaaron who may be know how to deal with this. (ryecoarron - please accept my apologies. This went down an unexpected path.)

• Quote from TheLostSwede: “This helps me how? ” If you have a drive going south, that would explain odd errors in SNAPRAID and the file system going read only. SMART stat's might give you an indicator of drive health.

• BTRFS system

crashtest - - RAID

More external links, "explaining things" and deflecting for the simple reality of the "experimental" message in RED in dmeg. How typical and what a strange world to live in. (On the other hand, maybe it's a colorful place with pink elephants and unicorns. ) _____________________________________________________ @savellm ; this is a prime example of what would have happened to your ZFS thread if it didn't go into a PM (a conversation). It would have become so polluted with irrelevant opinions, num…

• User can only access one share

crashtest - - AFP

Quote from latimeria: “mother Moses you're making this forum the worst place where to seek for support....fight your own war somewhere else or try to respect each other opinions ” I wholeheartedly agree. If it was just directed at me, that would be one thing, but this moderator does this on more than one forum. To get a bit of perspective, read through this thread on the Armbian forum and note he's an equal opportunity offender - newbies, experienced users and moderators alike. Again, on more th…

• Have you looked at your SMART stat's?

• Quote from ThomasH: “The only question I have there is if the CPU, either AMD Operton X3216 or X3418, is sufficient to run a file server that can shuffle data over the network as fast as a pair of mirrored HDDs can manage (and that's not even taking into account the possibility of future SSD upgrades) ” Generally speaking, the bottle neck would be the 1GB Ethernet interface. Either processor and your SSD's shouldn't have any trouble saturating a 1GB interface. I don't have a torrent client on a …

• BTRFS system

crashtest - - RAID

Quote from tkaiser: “BS advice as almost always. I explained to you (flmaxey) and others already over at 'this thread' that adding -m raid1 ” You explain next to nothing to me because, as I've told you numerous times (and will yet again), I ignore you. Considering what I've observed (a decidedly dual nature), you might try it some time. _________________________________________________________ Since you forced this thread into a PM to get it done, you didn't learn the specifics of what the user …

• Any image hosted by a forum user, that is not in OMV's repository, is a BETA . This image transfer.sh/abKmQ/OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus_4.img.xz is not in the OMV's repository at the time of this post. Further, OMV's SBC support is unofficial and for the current version of OMV only. To say or suggest otherwise is misleading users.

• Problems With Docker

crashtest - - Docker

Can you get on the command line? (I haven't seen this issue before, but based on input from a friend:) About all that's left is command line removal of the Docker plugin and, maybe, OMVExtra's. Then adding them back. By chance, do you have OS backup?

• Quote from tkaiser: “Wrong. If you want to increase «the counts on the "maybe it's time to worry" SMART attributes» you need to run a long test. ” Wrong. SMART attributes can increment with no user scheduled tests at all.

crashtest - - AFP

Quote from tkaiser: “BS. There is no 'default Linux users group' since Debian defaults to put each new user into their own group. That's why user management in Linux will end up with a situation where you run into troubles with NAS operation and that's why it's so important to create OMV users from within the OMV UI. Since then 'users' is the default OMV users group and the other OMV defaults result in flawless operation for members of the same group. ” Where do you come up with this stuff? Why …

• raspberry pi 4 install?

crashtest - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “You really can't stop your idiotic behavior, right? ” (Says the master...) Much like a bad case of a eczema, you keep promising you're going away, but never do. You really should talk to someone about these compulsions. (Hint, the voices in your head don't count.) Quote from tkaiser: “It's the official RPi image with added hardware support for the RPi 4 and an adjustment allowing to combine our userland (Debian Stretch / OMV) with the RPi kernel. Unfortunately @crashtest doe…

• If you want server grade hardware, don't eliminate the possibility of purpose built servers. There are plenty of options but it may take some patience and scouring around to find good deals. __________________________________________________ As an example, I have a Lenovo ThinkServer TS140. It's an i3 that came with 8GB ECC (I added another 4GB stick for 12GB total.) I boot with 32GB USB thumbdrive, use a 4TB+4TB zmirror for data, and an extra 3TB drive (EXT4) for client backup and utility uses.…

crashtest - - AFP

Quote from jgbrock: “I am feeling a bit too lazy today to test this by wiping the raspberry pi SD card and starting over ” You don't have a 2nd card? That (a 2nd card) is recommended. Once all is configured and working correctly, if the working OS is cloned to a second card, you'd have OS backup. If something goes wrong, you can back out. In Windows, to clone SD-cards and thumbdrives I use win32diskimager. I'm not sure what the equivalent Mac utility might be. Quote from jgbrock: “The two shares…

• Wenn Fehler protokollunabhängig sind: Wenn bei OMV5 Aussetzer auftreten, wird möglicherweise ein Hardwareproblem in Betracht gezogen.

• @neurotone I wouldn't worry just yet. While 1 reallocated sector is not good, it's not really bad either. (A few extra sectors are designed into a drive for this purpose - media errors.) I would keep an eye on it. If reallocated sectors start to increment upward, it's just a matter of time and it might go fast. Of note is, if the drive is between 4 to 7 years old (or the equivalent in hours) that's the rough expected life. They don't last forever.

• Problems With Docker

crashtest - - Docker

Quote from Morne: “When is try and enable the plugin it also fails ” I'm still not sure what this means. When you enable the plugin, you get an error ? ________________________________________________ Anyway - it won't hurt to try the following: Remove the Docker plugin. Under System, OMV-Extra's, in the "Repos" TAB, turn OFF Docker CE. (Save) Reboot. Under, System, OMVExtras, the Repos Tab, in the Updates drop down: Run apt clean. Do your updates in update management. In OMV-Extra's, in the "Re…

crashtest - - AFP

Alternate user credential logon's are fine. (Full disclosure, I know nothing about Apple Filing.) Where Samba is concerned, assuming that the user database has not been modified, SMB follows file permissions set on shared folders. Samba can be more restrictive than the base shared folder it's layered on, using switches in OMV (like "read only"), but it can't loosen restrictions set on files and folders. You could try watch smbstatus on the command line to see if Samba is the cause for the deny. …

• Wenn ich Sie richtig verstehe und dieses Setup noch nie richtig funktioniert hat, haben Sie darüber nachgedacht, OMV von Grund auf neu zu erstellen?

• Die Frage, die ich stellen möchte, ist, ob Ihre Konfiguration so funktioniert hat, wie es vorher sollte. Ist das Verhalten neu? Wenn es neu ist, fiel es mit einer Änderung in der Konfiguration oder einem Softwarezusatz zusammen?