Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• IIRC, changing the docker base path automatically copies all the files and directories from the existing base path to the new base path. This can take some time. Once this operation is complete docker should restart and be running in the new base path. I do not think that anything is done with the files and directories in the old base path. You will have to delete them yourself after verifying that all your containers are working properly. You don't say how you copied the docker folder, but if t…

• Have you looked around on the maker's web site?

• Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Quote from gderf: “As I said, this does not prevent those same ports from working on IPv4. Also, your VPN provider must support port forwarding if that is what you are trying to do. Not all VPN providers support this. From nordvpn.com/blog/port-forwarding/ Does port forwarding work with a VPN? Port forwarding and triggering could work with a VPN protocol in general, but not with NordVPN. ” I use port forwarding with Nordvpn. Port forwarding is just dependent on your in…

• SNMP to read temperatures

gderf - - SNMP

As I keep saying, it's all about the MIBs. You should read up on how SNMP works and then get a hold of the MIB file you need to make this work. Your board vendor should be able to help. net-snmp.sourceforge.net/wiki/…UT:Using_and_loading_MIBS supermicro.com/products/accessories/software/SNMP.cfm

• As I said, this does not prevent those same ports from working on IPv4. Also, your VPN provider must support port forwarding if that is what you are trying to do. Not all VPN providers support this. From nordvpn.com/blog/port-forwarding/ Does port forwarding work with a VPN? Port forwarding and triggering could work with a VPN protocol in general, but not with NordVPN.

• The IPv6 and IPv4 stacks are separate. Something binding to a port on one stack does not prevent something from binding to the same port on the other stack.

• You could use Midnight Commander from a shell on the OMV box with a shell link, ftp link, or sftp link to the remote site.

• Quote from gabs247: “Conversion failed. The transcoder exited due to an error. ” The problem is that the location of your /config for the container is on a drive that is not mounted exec capable. This is the default for all data drives in OMV. If you examine your /etc/fstab file you will see this in the mount options as "noexec". A temporary fix is to edit fstab changing noexec to exec and rebooting. However, this change will be reverted by OMV when certain configuration changes are made in the …

gderf - - SNMP

As I said. If they are not in the MIB they are not supported by SNMP.

• Changing the amount of reserved space on a drive does not change the reporting via monitoring. You have to raise the threshold there too to make the warnings go away. forum.openmediavault.org/index…-filesystem-notification/

• unable to install usb wifi adapter

gderf - - General

You have no working DNS or no internet connection.

• You are confused. SnapRAID doesn't combine disks. If you are spinning down disks, then expect delays accessing data on disks that must be spun up.

gderf - - SNMP

To fix the python error see: Random errors - Are they harmful? The SNMP MIBs you are using would have to have OIDs for the SMART and temperature data you are trying to read. Walking the tree and not finding them says they are not supported.

• Read only file system after flash plugin

gderf - - General

Run this command in the shell, then you should be able to edit the file. sudo mount -o remount, rw /

• Read only file system after flash plugin

gderf - - General

You have white space after nodiratime, and errors= on the line that begins with UUID=d8ec..... No white space is allowed after a comma in fstab. Fix that. Never edit fstab without first making a backup copy of the file that you know can be restored.

• OMV and Docker and users. (new guy)

gderf - - Docker

The only valid user able to make use of the OMV GUI is the admin user. Creating new users does not change this. A regular user, created as I suggested can use the shell for various purposes. This is a standard Linux thing. That user can also be used to run dockers as that user.

• OMV and Docker and users. (new guy)

gderf - - Docker

On my OMV, just like any of my other Linux machines, I have created one new user named fred and assigned that user into the users group. This is the user and group I run all my dockers as via PUID and PGID (or the equivalent environment variables.)

• As to why, I have 16GB of RAM in my OMV machine and have never run swap on it, and never had a problem.

• If the new swapfile filled up the rootfs then that would explain why you can not access the GUI.

• Plex Plugin

gderf - - General

Uninstalling the plugin should give you another shot at reinstalling it. But I would consider using the plex docker instead.