Search Results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

• I fixed something. I deleted /var/spool/postfix/maildrop after the system logged a directory not found error, postfix recreated the missing directory with different default permissions than what it had. I now have (under /var/spool/postfix): drwx-wx--- 2 postfix postdrop 40 Jan 8 18:06 maildrop Previously the permissions on maildrop were: drwx--s--T 2 postfix postdrop 40 Jan 8 01:05 maildrop Don't know why that was, but that was what was broken I guess. Email works. Also login to the web gui wor…

• Thank you, @gderf. I was unclear in my request. /var/spool/postfix is owned by root in group root on my system too. How should the permissions for all the files in the tree below be set: I have this; drwxr-xr-x 20 root root 400 Sep 23 19:20 . drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 160 Sep 23 19:20 .. drwx------ 2 postfix root 40 Jan 8 01:05 active drwx------ 2 postfix root 40 Sep 23 19:20 bounce drwx------ 2 postfix root 40 Sep 23 19:20 corrupt drwx------ 11 postfix root 220 Sep 23 19:20 defer drwx------ 11 pos…

• Can anyone suggest what the permissions should be in /var/spool/postfix should be? Seems these permissions problems are causing an issue for me to receive email alerts among other things. (I can't log in to the webadmin at the moment either ... think that is a permissions problem as well but not sure if it's this directory or another that's having a problem there.)

• Hi All: I'm not getting email alerts from OMV. I see some version of this error in my syslog: "postfix/postdrop[2639]: warning: mail_queue_enter: create file maildrop/822547.2639: Permission denied" This is logged about 3 times a minute. I've checked what i can find and the permissions look reasonable to me, but I'm also not sure what they should be. This is what I have for the maildrop file in /var/spool/postfix: drwx--s--T 2 postfix postdrop 4.0K Dec 25 01:02 maildrop (I see the directory was …

• What's the status of rclone for OMV?

zurcherart - - General

Hi Again, I think I should be using rclone on OMV to move files between my OMV NAS and Dropbox. It looks easy enough to install rclone from the CLI on OMV. (Which means using it from the CLI too I suppose). However, I saw there was some initial work to add an rclone plugin to extras. Seems it didn't go very far because that validation think for dropbox is weird (and hard to document). But wondered if there was any thoughts about picking that back up. Cheers, Steve

• Disable OMV Quota System Entirely

zurcherart - - General

I thought I had answered this, but I don't see my reply. To close the loop the drive is pretty new, but it was used in a synology 1512+ . My buddy got larger drives and gave me his old drives. However, the real issue seems to be invalid user at keyboard. When I thought this through my scenario was that I was using Transmit (which if you are not aware) is a macos ftp client that also interacts with Dropbox. What I was doing was using my macbook to download files form Dropbox and save them to a Sa…

zurcherart - - General

I want to reopen my question. I was just transferring a lot of data to a new drive in my OMV system. And after a bit the client gave me an error that the server (OMV) sent the message "insufficient_quota....". There are no user quota's set for that filesystem (or any filesystem). I *am* running 4.0 (never ran any other versions), but it seems to be doing some quota checking. I've looked around and don't find a place to disable this. Can you give me some new help?

zurcherart - - General

Oh well, that's way before my time. I'm not THAT far behind. (Completely unrelated question, I see I didn't set up my profile well. Is there a way to change my forum user name away from my email address?! -- Never mind. Found it. )

zurcherart - - General

Thanks for the very fast reply. Glad you've disabled quotas by default now. When did that happen? I haven't installed any updated for a while. (I know, I know....) So i suppose there is a good chance that I missed the update. Cheers, Steve

zurcherart - - General

Hi All, In regards to quotas, I have seen @ryecoaaron write in this forum recently: "I agree they should be disabled by default (or have a place to disable them). The arm images I create have the quota service disabled by default." What's the best and cleanest way to completely disable the quota service? I've searched the forum but failed to turn up the definitive answer. And before I disable quota's completely... Is there any benefit to leaving them on? I'm the only user accessing the OMV NAS, …

• Configuration Backup

zurcherart - - General

Thanks for your lightning fast reply. This is my first month running OMV. Is this a recent change ? It's confusing because I've seen several guides in this forum that refer to some tabs under "System Backup". Is it no longer necessary to install the "openmediavault-backup" plugin to run Clonezilla?

• Configuration Backup

zurcherart - - General

I realize this is an old thread. Hope it's ok to resurrect it. The original question was about cloning the system partition I believe. @ryecoaaron wrote a helpfull tutorial that says "Install openmediavault-backup from Plugins section" and it also says "Go to Clonezilla tab in System | Backup" I want to run clonezilla (make a new bootable system partition). But I don't find the tab for clonezilla. After installing the omvbackup plugin, I do find system->backup with what looks to be an rsync fron…