Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• It looks to me that you have a single HDD. mdadm is used for RAID configurations, you don't need it if that Filesystem is not on a RAID Setup. Try to check the filesystem with fsck first with fsck /dev/sda1 Greetings David

• Did you actually read the full message? It tells you that the DNS entry for that domain - which is written in the first line. So, I would check the DNS entry of your domain first, as the error tells you to do. Greetings David

• Path to main storage drive

davidh2k - - General

Quote from LogicalUnit: “Thanks for the answers. Is it possible to change the mount point to something easier to type? ” Learn how to properly use tab completion en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command-line_completion if you need to go down to the CLI. Greetings David

• Path to main storage drive

davidh2k - - General

/dev/sda is the physical device and /dev/sdaX is the logic partition on it. /srv/dev-disk-by-label-main is actually the moint point of the filesystem /dev/sdaX. Think of it as you drive letter D:\ under windows. Greetings David

• Cron error message

davidh2k - - General

For your first issue, take a look at this thread: forum.openmediavault.org/index…penmediavault-flushmailq/ For your second issue, have a read here: forum.openmediavault.org/index…opriate-ioctl-for-device/ Greetings David

• Providing a photo of the screen output could give us a hint of what may or may not be the problem. Greetings David

• Quote from Askbruzz: “i5 8600 Asrock Z370 16/32Gb ram ” I'd rather suggest to save money and go with a Ryzen 5 2600 instead, that alone should save you 100 bucks. Also 16GB RAM should be plenty, if you don't plan using on ZFS... Quote from Askbruzz: “2 x Sata Pci expasion (4xSata per PCI Card) ” Some boards have plenty of SATA Connectors (8+, some even 10): geizhals.de/?cat=mbam4&xf=2962_8 Quote from Askbruzz: “10Gbe Lan ” From those listed above, only one has 5Gbe and another has 10Gbe. The fir…

• The Class E Network

davidh2k - - Off-Topic

Quote from crashtest: “With the issues in running consumer grade networking equipment, with marginal "just enough" performance, I think it's time to spend a few dollars for Ubiquity wifi at the new house. With @hoppel118 's endorsement, your mention of it, and a bit of research along the way, I haven't found anyone that's unhappy with it. As it seems to me, the GUI console alone is worth a good part of the purchase price. The new house is already hardwired but I'm looking at wifi for a barn, a s…

• The Class E Network

davidh2k - - Off-Topic

For Mesh its probably the best setup and forget you can get. As a prosumer I personaly would always try to have a wired uplink as this drastically increases the overall throughput on the wifi. But even replacing your routers wifi with an AC AP Pro boosts your wifi drastically and depending on the home, even one could suffice. I'd say even the amplifi is well worth the 320 bucks, especially if having two wired APs (if those are even a neccessity) are not an option. Greetings David

• The Class E Network

davidh2k - - Off-Topic

@ryecoaaron and I use Ubiquiti Access Points, but the wired ones. They work like a charm for us, he has two at each sides of the house and my apartment is illuminated by just one. ui.com/unifi/unifi-ap-ac-pro/ There are also Mesh enabled Versions of APs from them, but they also have something like BT offers: amplifi.com/ Have mine for about 1.5 years now, never looked back at using the router for wifi access. Greetings David

• OMV remote access ?

davidh2k - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from KM0201: “Using FTP is perfectly secure so long as you're not using your FTP anonymously ” In my opinion it's exactly the opposite. Using FTP in 2019 is only ok for anonymous access (sharing public data/downloads) but using FTP (and not at least FTPS or SFTP which are two entirely different beasts) with authentication these days is insane. ssh.com/ssh/ftp/server ” Well the OP asked to access his own private files, so while your statement may be true in a general si…

• New OMV User

davidh2k - - General

Installing OpenMediaVault on a Desktop enabled can break your Desktop in the way, that the system User is no longer root but a OMV specific one, that locks you out of GUI actions that require the administrative password. I don't know if that behaviour is still a thing on the most recent Debian + OMV. Greetings David

• The 'article 13' that is talked about says that sites have to check content before its uploaded if it infringes copyright. But that has to be done via national law - and has to be established in a 2 year timeframe. They're also not yet sure if the so called uploadfilter will even be in the national law. Also, note that 'article 13' has yet to be "accepted" by all EU Goverment Leaders. Germany could still veto it away, allthough chances for that are very low! Greetings David

• Why should you use or not use dockers

davidh2k - - General

@raulfg3 What kind of GUI is that in your last picture? Greetings David

• Plugin Docker

davidh2k - - Plugins

Quote from daniel_t: “can someone tell, how to setup container? ” OpenMediaVault Docker-GUI Plugin Usage It can be very confusing at first, take a look at @subzero79s Guide. Greetings David

• There seems to be a lot that went south. Did you reboot after upgrading your system? Greetings David

• What is the output of journalctl -xe and journalctl -l. Greetings David

• Quote from Swampy: “Is there any way of getting them off the system now, so the error message stops coming up? ” You can uninstall them by running apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-shellinabox openmediavault-usbbackup openmediavault-route openmediavault-netatalk. Greetings David

• Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Procedure

davidh2k - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from M0rpheus: “Hallo. Ich benutze ein Raspberry Pi 3: 4.9.80-v7+ #1098 SMP Fri Mar 9 19:11:42 GMT 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux Gestern habe ich ein Upgrade von OMV3 (OMV_3_0_88_RaspberryPi_2_3_4.9.41.img.xz) auf OMV4 mit omv-release-upgrade durchgeführt. Nach anfangs Schwierigkeiten (z.B. "502 Bad Gateway / nginx") habe ich es geschafft auf OMVGUI zuzugreifen. Bis jetzt laufen alle meine Dienste ohne Fehle, kurzer Test. Ich habe aber ein Problem nach der Ausführung apt-get update: Brainfuck Sour…

• Quote from MatrixG: “I'm trying to undestand if my configuration could be succesfully migrated to the new openmediavault release ” If you install from scratch we advise to save /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and have it available when you reconfigure your new installation. Copying this file to your new Installation is not advised. Quote from MatrixG: “I would like to detach the 80GB HD and then add two new 80GB in mirror configuration on the mobo. ” Any specifics why you want to migrate to a mir…