Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Problems With Docker

crashtest - - Docker

Rebuilds can be a pain, but if you backup the boot drive on the fresh build, you may never have to do it again. (At least not before a major upgrade.) Quote from Morne: “As for the snapraid very very good product and are currently testing it. I also am testing the Union File system looking good so far. ” Excellent. Working together, they're a good pair, and far better (safer) then RAID5 IMO. Regards

• Are your shares working on your network?

• Owner, Group and Others are default Linux (posix) permissions. They may be referred to as standard permissions. ACL's use "username" and "groupname". ACL's are add-on's, in Linux, that are stored in a file or folders extra attributes. They may be referred to as extended permissions. If you ever figure out how to remove or eliminate standard permissions (Owner, Group and Others), in a native Linux filesystem, and use ACL's only, I'd be really interested.

• Problems With Docker

crashtest - - Docker

@Morne (Thanks to a pointer from @geaves) This is the -> thread where your problem is addressed in detail. It might have a solution for you.

• You may have to enable root login's in the GUI under Services, SSH, Permit Root Login. Then on the CLI; username: root Password: openmediavault If this image works as others have, a password change will be forced on the first login.

• Quote from PeppaWutz: “i can't login with pi and password raspberry !? ” For the Web GUI: The default username is admin and the password is openmediavault

• Problems With Docker

crashtest - - Docker

I've heard the Unraid story before - unfortunate. If you're looking for bit-rot protect and something that actively corrects silent errors, there's currently three choices in opensource (AFIK). The COW filesystems, ZFS or BTRFS in a RAID1 equivalent, and SNAPRAID. SNAPRAID doesn't require a 50% loss of disk space for bit-rot protection. Depending on the number of disks protected, you'd be looking at 33% or even less and there are numerous additional benefits beyond bit-rot protection. I'm been u…

• Problems With Docker

crashtest - - Docker

Quote from Morne: “First thing i want to thank you for even taking the time to look at this. ” It's all good - that's what the forum is for. Quote from Morne: “If need be i can just reload but wondering if this happens again how do i fix it. ” This is what I was thinking of, when I asked if you had OS backup. Any number of things can happen that cause minor corruption, that can't be easily diagnosed or repaired. An easy solution is to drop back to a known good backup. OMV supports OS backup with…

• Problems With Docker

crashtest - - Docker

I couldn't confirm how to remove Docker (and the plugin) safely on the CLI. Using some apt-get commands incorrectly, (with autoremove, --purge, etc.) may come with unintended consequences. ____________________________________________________ Tagging @ryecoaaron who may be know how to deal with this. (ryecoarron - please accept my apologies. This went down an unexpected path.)

• Quote from TheLostSwede: “This helps me how? ” If you have a drive going south, that would explain odd errors in SNAPRAID and the file system going read only. SMART stat's might give you an indicator of drive health.

• BTRFS system

crashtest - - RAID

More external links, "explaining things" and deflecting for the simple reality of the "experimental" message in RED in dmeg. How typical and what a strange world to live in. (On the other hand, maybe it's a colorful place with pink elephants and unicorns. ) _____________________________________________________ @savellm ; this is a prime example of what would have happened to your ZFS thread if it didn't go into a PM (a conversation). It would have become so polluted with irrelevant opinions, num…

• User can only access one share

crashtest - - AFP

Quote from latimeria: “mother Moses you're making this forum the worst place where to seek for support....fight your own war somewhere else or try to respect each other opinions ” I wholeheartedly agree. If it was just directed at me, that would be one thing, but this moderator does this on more than one forum. To get a bit of perspective, read through this thread on the Armbian forum and note he's an equal opportunity offender - newbies, experienced users and moderators alike. Again, on more th…

• Have you looked at your SMART stat's?

• Quote from ThomasH: “The only question I have there is if the CPU, either AMD Operton X3216 or X3418, is sufficient to run a file server that can shuffle data over the network as fast as a pair of mirrored HDDs can manage (and that's not even taking into account the possibility of future SSD upgrades) ” Generally speaking, the bottle neck would be the 1GB Ethernet interface. Either processor and your SSD's shouldn't have any trouble saturating a 1GB interface. I don't have a torrent client on a …

• BTRFS system

crashtest - - RAID

Quote from tkaiser: “BS advice as almost always. I explained to you (flmaxey) and others already over at 'this thread' that adding -m raid1 ” You explain next to nothing to me because, as I've told you numerous times (and will yet again), I ignore you. Considering what I've observed (a decidedly dual nature), you might try it some time. _________________________________________________________ Since you forced this thread into a PM to get it done, you didn't learn the specifics of what the user …

• Any image hosted by a forum user, that is not in OMV's repository, is a BETA . This image transfer.sh/abKmQ/OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus_4.img.xz is not in the OMV's repository at the time of this post. Further, OMV's SBC support is unofficial and for the current version of OMV only. To say or suggest otherwise is misleading users.

• Problems With Docker

crashtest - - Docker

Can you get on the command line? (I haven't seen this issue before, but based on input from a friend:) About all that's left is command line removal of the Docker plugin and, maybe, OMVExtra's. Then adding them back. By chance, do you have OS backup?

• Quote from tkaiser: “Wrong. If you want to increase «the counts on the "maybe it's time to worry" SMART attributes» you need to run a long test. ” Wrong. SMART attributes can increment with no user scheduled tests at all.

• User can only access one share

crashtest - - AFP

Quote from tkaiser: “BS. There is no 'default Linux users group' since Debian defaults to put each new user into their own group. That's why user management in Linux will end up with a situation where you run into troubles with NAS operation and that's why it's so important to create OMV users from within the OMV UI. Since then 'users' is the default OMV users group and the other OMV defaults result in flawless operation for members of the same group. ” Where do you come up with this stuff? Why …

• raspberry pi 4 install?

crashtest - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “You really can't stop your idiotic behavior, right? ” (Says the master...) Much like a bad case of a eczema, you keep promising you're going away, but never do. You really should talk to someone about these compulsions. (Hint, the voices in your head don't count.) Quote from tkaiser: “It's the official RPi image with added hardware support for the RPi 4 and an adjustment allowing to combine our userland (Debian Stretch / OMV) with the RPi kernel. Unfortunately @crashtest doe…