Search Results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

• SnapRaid "z-parity" instead of 3-parity

Husker - - General

Hey, I simply didn't think of that possibility, you are making a good point. My main concern originally was not to stray far from the comfort of the GUI, and not having too many manual changes... I really wanted to have one tidy and simple system with its glorious 24 drives. But I guess that's a reality check for me. Following up on your message I looked a bit around and saw a few subjects on the SnapRAID forum referring to that: sourceforge.net/p/snapraid/dis…/1677233/thread/58d5a134/ sourcefor…

• SnapRaid "z-parity" instead of 3-parity

Husker - - General

Looking further into the Shell script in charge of creating the SnapRAID configuration file, I didn't see anything about z-parity. So I am planning to modify the script like follows on my instance of server. This is simpler for me to do it this way as I am familiar with Shell script, but not so much with whatever language is used for the GUI. And also z-parity is supposed to be faster than 3-parity no matter what, so I figured I may as well force it when there are only 3 parity drives total. pat…

• Hello, I apologize in advance if my question has been answered in some form before, or is not located in the correct section. The problem I am trying to solve is that, I have an old Supermicro chassis with AMD Opteron processor, and this CPU does not support SSSE3 instructions. That is a major problem for 3 or more parity drives, as SnapRaid uses it to accelerate calculation. At the moment my system with 20 Data drives and 4 parity HDDs takes 4 days to do scrubs etc... There is one option for po…