Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• locked users root

KM0201 - - General

Well thankfully you chose to have a good root password and they didn't really do much other than annoy you.

• Raspberry pi 4 OMV ???

KM0201 - - Announcements

Its as safe as it is going to get. OMV 5 is only a couple of months away and since there will be no official port of Debian Stretch (which omv 4 is based on) for the Pi 4, it seems unlikely there will be an official omv 4 port for the Pi 4.

• locked users root

KM0201 - - General

If it were me... Firstly I would create a non privileged user (no sudo) and add him to the SSH group. Then disable root SSH access in the ssh section of the webui (I do this anyway). That should stop the issue of your root password needing reset all the time. You would then SSH your server as that user, then use the su command to login as root. The auth log shows which IP is making the request (just checked myself as well). That should help you narrow down whether one of your clients has been co…

• locked users root

KM0201 - - General

Well, it says the user is locked/banned... Are you using a solid root password? It says it's to many failed login attempts... so whoever it is they probably aren't getting into the server. My first thought, if you know your NAS has no WAN access.... You've got a virus on a client machine (key logger, etc.) and they are trying to access your NAS, etc.

• btrfs-progs not installable

KM0201 - - General

Quote from Mark81: “Quote from votdev: “It is not possible to install OMV on Ubuntu. It is tied to Debian only. ” Ah ok, thanks. And does this exclude Raspbian/Armbian as well? ” OMV can be installed on Armbian by running armbian-config. docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Armbian-Config/

• Quote from jonaphil: “Hello KM0201, thanks for your reply! I didn't see this feed, indeed. It's actually really difficult to find an AMD MB in micro-ATX format (for the case I've choosen) not using the Realtek 8111.... It seems my reseller don't have any. My guess would be going through a series of tests prior any other use, with every kind of files, and see how it goes. Worst case scenario would be adding on top a PCIE Ethernet and bypassing the MB's one. I'll join the other feed just to see wh…

• Only issue I see, is the NIC on the motherboard. I personally loathe Realtek NIC's, but my experience not withstanding, someone posted a thread the other day they were having a lot of probs with the 8111. Not sure if they were solved or not Edit:. Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 issue with samba file transfer.

• Unfortunately you're on a laptop, so I'll just say good luck. I had nothing but problem with Realtek and won't use or recommend them anymore for Linux boxes (although some report with more recent kernels they work fine). I purchased an Intel card which works great.

• Reboot now at Grub Rescue ver 4.1.23

KM0201 - - General

How do you have Plex installed (docker, command line install, etc.) and where is your data base stored. If it's stored on one of the data drives, if you were to reinstall it should be as simple as pointing the new install at your old database folder. If it's on your OS drive, then you'd probably need to back it up first, then move it back after the install. Seems strange a heat sink would cause this though. I admit I'm no grub expert, but have you tried/seen the below (I'd do so w/ the data driv…

• OMV4 4.1.22 failed to boot

KM0201 - - General

Quote from savellm: “So did that, then I messed up some stuff, so tried to wipe it and start again and now 4.1.3 is doing it too... Sigh. Once its in initramfs I have no idea how to fix it. EDIT: I'm wondering if I pull out all the other drives, and just have the SSD where I plan to install to, would this help? ” You should be doing that anyway. It's in the install documentation that during install you should only have your installer and target drive connected. Once you're installed, updated, et…

• Quote from tsch: “Hello, I want to use all 6 SATA-Ports for RAID-5. Is there any difference in using externel or internal USB 3.0 Ports with a connected SSD to install OMV to? Kind regards TSCH ” I've helped several friends set up OMV boxes.. only one used a flash drive. Honestly, I didn't notice any particular difference between his USB and my SSD. The specs of his flash drive and my SSD says his flash drive was slightly slower than my SSD, but it wasn't enough that I was able to notice without…

• Docker, Plugin or DEB for Emby Server

KM0201 - - Plugins

Quote from geaves: “To use Emby flatpak you'll need to install flatpak first which can be done from the cli without affecting omv, however, to install any flatpak app this will also have to be done from the cli. The advantage in using Docker is the GUI plugin, easier to use and straightforward to configure. ” I've never used flatpak, but reading it up on it, it seemed pretty similar to snapd.

KM0201 - - Plugins

Well, to me... Docker is very very rarely NOT the better choice... It seems unlikely the flatpak install would do anything to interfere with OMV unless the Emby webUI is running on port 80, which I can't recall off the top of my head but I don't think it is. OMV requires port 80, so this would be an obvious conflict. If it were me, I would use Docker, but that's just me.. I use Docker for almost everything.

KM0201 - - Plugins

I'm not familiar with the flatpak repo, but if it is 100% Debian 9 repo, and not an Ubuntu, or Mint, or whatever repo.. it *should* be fine. Is there a particular reason you don't want to use the Emby docker? I'm not a particular fan of Emby (although it's way better than Plex), but I've set it up in Docker before and it's more or less brain dead simple if you follow the video tutorial linked above.

• Quote from PaPaTheGMan: “I got this same error, but was able to rectify it by 'http://local_ip:3000/wetty' This brings up a standard terminal sign in screen from which i can log in as any user. ” I think a lot depends on how you have the docker configured. I can go to localip:port and it will take me straight to wetty and request my user password. Did you set a SSH user in the environments and variables when you set up the container? hub.docker.com/r/svenihoney/wetty Quote: “The environment para…

• Clear your browser cache Or reload the page and clear the cache for your webui). Most browsers... Log into web UI, hold control and clock refresh/hit f5. This should.completely reload your webui and clear the cache for the omv url

• how to build custom omv

KM0201 - - General

Quote from sylvescruz: “I planning to build a custom version of omv, by changing the images and icons. please some one guide me in this process. really needed on a urgent basis ” That's not "building" anything... Sounds like someone who takes Ubuntu, essentially slaps a new theme on it, and then distributes it under another name as some a completely different OS. I've seen it numerous times and don't get it. There's no reason someone would need this on an "urgent" basis unless they've purported …

• Did you look and see if you could find what exactly what striping your CPU when docker is running? This has to be some sort of hardware/software incompatibility. I've never read this before so your issue is certainly an outlier. I'm streaming a 1080p movie at the moment (not w/ Plex, but w/ Kodi pointed at a simple SMB share), and have 13 dockers running (one of which is downloading a torrent at the moment).. and my CPU is fluctuating between 20-25%.. I have a 2.4gz Celeron G1610

• Lost Access to Browser UI

KM0201 - - General

Either via SSH or Console (ie, monitor and keyboard attached to your server).. Log in as your root user Once logged in, omv-firstaid One of the options is to reset the webUI password.

• Unable to delete shared folders

KM0201 - - General

Quote from devnet: “I've found that I can't delete shares when they are being used by other services. For example, I had docker utilizing a shared folder, I had to make sure that docker was no longer using the fileshare before I could delete it. Look closely at what is being used by other plugins/services...you can't delete something that is being used. ” That's by design... That's why the reset perms plugin had to the feature added to fin what plugins/add ons were using what shares. Invariably …