Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• BackBlaze Plugin?

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from BitHoarder: “is this a WIP that's about to be released "tomorrow" ” There is nothing that I know of. You can use duplicati in docker and backup to backblaze though.

• Quote from tkaiser: “How could I ask you for anything? ” For fuck sake, can you please stop acting like a child. Don't group me into your spat either. Of course you could ask for me to upload an image that has feedback from users that it is working. Quote from tkaiser: “The disappeared image you looked at was the 1st try. The 2nd try this time adopting the appropriate APT pinning fixes and confirmed to work is still online (for whatever reasons, usually transfer.sh deletes them automagically aft…

• Quote from supertx2: “The raspberry pi is way more popular on the general public than any of those, ” Popular doesn't mean better. Quote from supertx2: “tkaiser is doing a great job by providing is modified image and helping us ” And he really doesn't like supporting it either. Don't forget I created and maintained the first RPi image for a long time. Just too much support required and moving to the armbian-based image seemed like a better idea. It just didn't reduce the support requirement much…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Well, if you think throwing the work into the bin is the better idea compared to uploading it to SF... ” I didn't say that either. Why didn't you just say "Can you upload this to SF?". I haven't been reading enough to know if the image is good or not. And since it is gone, I don't know what you want me to do.

• Quote from RPMan: “I understand what we are talking about. ” I wasn't trying to make it clear to you Just anyone else reading this thread. It saves me time answering issues on github where people think plugins are doing things wrong. Quote from RPMan: “Do you know why this option is called "volumes_from" in OMV plugin instead of "depends_on" ? With docker, "volumes_from" tells docker to use a volume that is already defined/used by another container. ” Nope. I didn't write it and don't use the pl…

• Quote from Eyerex: “but for some of us it's all we can afford ” There are plenty of boards out there that are just as cheap if not cheaper - just look here armbian.com/download/

• Quote from tkaiser: “Anyway this New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images still applies. ” You keep saying your image is going away but I honestly don't care if any RPi version is supported.

• Quote from RPMan: “I'm not saying the plugin has a problem but it cannot implement real dependencies between services. ” It isn't impossible for the plugin to have real dependencies but I'm not going to write the code. People can either use docker-compose or write a script or manually start the containers or something else. Quote from RPMan: “you cannot be sur that application inside the container has trully finished to start unless you use healthchecks or scripts (unlike omv docker plugin). ” I…

• ZFS-Plug-in not available

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from devilz: “But ZFS is not offered on the extensions page. Is this due to the 32-bit platform of the Helios4? ” No. It is only available for amd64. I don't remember if there is anything in the plugin that locks it to amd64 other than the dependency in the control file.

• Problems With Docker

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Quote from crashtest: “I couldn't confirm how to remove Docker (and the plugin) safely on the CLI. ” apt-get purge openmediavault-docker-gui docker-ce

• Quote from tkaiser: “Final remark: This is not about OMV 5. This is about support for the existing OMV user base on any of the Raspberry Pi variants from 2 to 4. ” Final remark?? Read what I said. I didn't say it had anything to do with OMV 5.x. I said I don't want to do it. I mentioned OMV 5.x because it is more important for me to spend my time on it and I don't even want to do that.

• Quote from RPMan: “Docker OMV plugin does not implement real dependencies between services. ” It does exactly what the docker run command does. This isn't a problem with the plugin. This is easy with docker-compose.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Most probably the best way to fix this would be to ship with the APT pinning adoptions via an OMV Extras update. Once APT pinning is adjusted my OMV image can be updated and will then work flawlessly on any RPi 4 as well. ” Super exciting... I barely want to do anything with OMV 5.x stuff let alone more hacks specifically for the RPi. And since I don't have an RPi4, someone else will have to submit the PR to add this.

• Ssd for config files.

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

Quote from Safidk: “So just skip the ekstra ssd and run everything on the wd reds? ” Sure.

• Ssd for config files.

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

Quote from Safidk: “is it redundant? ” it would be redundant unless your plex collection is huge and fills the first ssd.

• Read problem #4 here- forum.openmediavault.org/index…tions-to-common-problems/

• Most of the omv-extras plugins have not been ported to 5.x yet. Will they be ready when 5.x is released? I don't know. If they aren't ready, don't move to 5.x until they are.

• Questions about zfs snapshot guide

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “I would applaud that as well if the author wouldn't have stopped to learn some time ago and still actively refuses to learn. ” I applaud anyone who writes guides. If someone's guide has wrong info, I try to point it out nicely instead of telling them how worthless their effort is. Like a lot of documentation, you should compare to other documentation and learn about what you are doing. Guides should be a starting point. I'm sure I have posted plenty of things that are wrong …

• OMV-Downloader

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Working just fine for me. It is possible it doesn't like the utf-8 characters in the sharedfolder name. The permissions on the sharedfolder don't really apply since it runs the command with elevated privileges.

• Error installing docker.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from GTvert90: “will they be deleted when I uninstall the plug in? ” I don't think so but I have never had a real plex install. Backup your system.