Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 24.

• Reboot now at Grub Rescue ver 4.1.23

mkpd - - General

After booting to a Live Debian the drive is on its way out.. Read write errors, sector errors. Switched SATA cables and ports but it didn't help.. Time to re-install and see if I can keep the Plex database...

mkpd - - General

The plex install is via the omv-extras plugin and the database is on the data drive. In the past I have attempted to point to the plex database but it never worked. It always recreated the database which took days to finish. I may have to try again later today. Thanks for the link. I have tried the first method and am about to attempt one of the USB live methods later today. I don't think the Heat sink did it either.. Reading some forum's it has been reported with a hardware change but why after…

mkpd - - General

Been running OMV for many years.. Since OMV2.. Installed new processor the other day to an i7 4th gen booted up and everything was fine. Ran for 2 days but needed a better CPU heat sink since trans-coding multiple plex streams was putting the CPU temp near max. Today I received my new cpu heat sink. Shutdown server. Installed new CPU heat sink.. Rebooted and it went to initramfs. Pulled all data drives started back up with just the OS drive.. Now at Grub rescue.. I can see the files in (hd0,msdo…

• This Thread may Help Read the linked thread. It will give you a good start on what to do.

• How to use VPN with transmission

mkpd - - General

How do you have your network setup so that the phone and pc internet go through your VPN? Are you using a VPN client on the PC or on your router?

• Integration of RAID from OMV 3 into OMV 4

mkpd - - RAID

Try this thread It sounds like you have the same issue..

• Suggestion on the set up. RAID or?

mkpd - - RAID

ZanosG - Sorry to hear your experience with OMV was not smooth. I have been running OMV for about 3 years now without any issues. The PC's in our house are all windows and never had an issue with shares as long as they were setup correctly with the correct permissions. Take care..

• I have the exact same error... Running 4.0.19-1 OMV Extras 4.1.2 Bypassing error and saving looks like everything worked just fine. Setup printer and printed test print.

• Plex is enabled but not running

mkpd - - General

If you don't delete the database folder plex doesn't have to rescan. The database isn't corrupted. When you install upgrades it changes the directory where it thinks the plex database is but in reality it is in a different directory. Edit the file each time you install an upgrade and you should be fine. 30 second fix. I will live with it till I upgrade to OMV4. I did some investigating and I think I have a solution but I don't know if it works yet since I haven't installed an upgrade. edit this …

• Plex is enabled but not running

mkpd - - General

Look at this thread I had the same issue when I upgraded from OMV 2 to 3. In the last message I link to another thread on how to fix plex. Note: I have to do the fix after every update of plex.

• Plex Pass on OMV4

mkpd - - Plugins

Thanks for clarifying..

• Plex Pass on OMV4

mkpd - - Plugins

Hi gderf I am using the standard version Plex that is automatically installed with OMV. I understand that I am not taking advantage of the early access to updates but I did get the ability to do the following once I got a plex pass. Sync media to devices within plex app, access to my server from remote and Plex cloud. Other features like Plex Mix and User control are not in the version installed by OMV. These two features I am not interested in.

• Plex Pass on OMV4

mkpd - - Plugins

Hello Massini72 I am not running your exact setup. I have plexpass but my plex server is on OMV3. Everything should work fine. I am not using any Plex Channels or Live TV so I cant say that they will work but I do connect to a variety of devices (ipad, Iphone, Android, Roku, PC) streaming offsite and syncing to the devices works also. Plex Cloud and logging into Plex.TV you can see your server. I assume you already setup "Shared folders" and such in OMV. Short Guide... Install the plugin > Go to…

• My first NAS

mkpd - - My NAS Build

Quote from NASNoob: “This one seems to be good if you read the reviews: amazon.com/Syba-PCI-Express-Co…a+iii+pci-e+2.0+x+14-port ” I purchased this card. It works just fine. Only limitation is it can't be used for boot drive.

• Which Sata Card?

mkpd - - My NAS Build

I used the: IO Crest 4 Port SATA III PCI-e 2.0 x 1 4-port Marvell 88SE9215 Installed in PC and booted.. Worked without any issues. Can't be used for the boot drive. Read the reviews and questions on Amazon for the performance. Good info.. Mkpd

• Plex doesn't start after update

mkpd - - Updates/Upgrades

I am just guessing but are your permissions correct for the Plex user for your plex library folder? "/usr/lib/plex mediaserver/Plex Media Server" Also is the folder "/usr/lib/plex mediaserver/Plex Media Server" correct for your library?

• This thread may be of some help providing some hints for the Plex database. Thread

• virtualbox & OMV3

mkpd - - Plugins

OMV3 and Virtualbox running great together here. Upgrading to OMV3 wasn't the easiest but doable with enough research in the forums.

• How to replace a error hard drive

mkpd - - General

In general yes you need to wipe. Do you see the New drive in Physical Devices? If yes then wipe the New Drive. It should now show up in the Recover tab for Raid management

• How to replace a error hard drive

mkpd - - General

Its best to make a backup before doing the following: Go to Raid Management and press remove. Select the drive you wish to remove. Now the raid will be degraded. Shutdown OMV Remove bad drive from system add new drive. Then add the new drive to the degraded raid. The raid will be rebuilt. If something is going to go wrong it is in the rebuild. If the other drive has issues then you have big problems without a backup. Don't do anything to the bad drive till everything the raid is synchronized. Go…