Search Results

Search results 1-14 of 14.

• Windows shares / samba Trouble shooting

QSx - - CIFS/SMB

Not sure if relevant but here goes anyways: For Windows 10 users - Microsoft silently disabled SMB 1.0 in latest Win 10 patches (because of previous cryptolocking crap spreading that way)... I find it somewhat weird that Win 10 machine needs several attempts to "get it to work" when using only SMB 3.X (RDMA or Samba Direct). Which Samba is OMV 3.X using? When I reenable SMB 1.X support it works right away... P.S. (All of the previous instructions were applied)

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

QSx - - Plugins

Just a quick question - since I haven't found a direct answer reading previous stuff: Should I use Docker or Docker CE repo from OMV-Extras? I'm using 3.0.90 ATM with 3.4.29 extras I'm planning to use UniFi and possibly nextcloud Thanks

• New OMV UI

QSx - - General

Yeah, very nice change - too cozy (spacing-wise) and grey though... Heavier/darker font and less spacing would be perfect, but great job nonetheless! Thanks!

• Negative, I went with completely fresh install - it's been working fine since (same hardware, same install, same plugins) - no idea what went wrong

• I got impatient and reinstalled my system from bare metal. I just have a quick question: Upon first run (after installing amd64 3.0..58 iso), we are offered a ton of packages related to backports, also including latest kernel image and omv (no omv-extras or any plugins yet). There's still conflict between firmware-misc-nonfree and firmware-adi/firmware-ralink packages. Unselecting those two however results in nice and clean update, and those two packages never reappear. Is that the recommended w…

• Too late for that - I went with complete system reinstall - now proceeding with setup - I'll report here if problem reappears

• Well, still got trouble here - I think the latest kernel is the culprit or something that has to do with my NIC drivers Since eth2 error keep appearing in log i tried omv-firstaid and then manually setting the network Again it failed - i got this error (if it helps) Source Code (16 lines) At this point, I'm considering rolling back on previous kernel (is it possible) or slapping another NIC in that machine until whatever got borked gets fixed... For starters, how would I roll back on today updat…

• (Doubleposting because of 10K character limit) I managed to disable UPS/nut - without webui complaining (collectd still fails to start but machine boots normally now) Any attempted change of System/Network fails with this error: Source Code (19 lines) UPDATE: I enabled nut again / network remains stuck at DHCP (still can't change it due to aforementioned error) - I am greeted by similar (monit) error this time: Source Code (12 lines)

• In short, after today's update (it was combined web update of over 20 lib*, new kernel and omv-extras + OMV 3.0.65), collectd keeps hanging/cannot start. Also there is severe delay in booting (according to log due to network trouble - failure to get ip form dhcp?? - nothing changed on my dhcp, all other machines wired or wireless work fine on my network). I have pretty vanilla OMV with omv-extras/plex/nut/torrent/sensors plugins - nothing fancy was done to the machine otherwise (hardware or soft…

• thanks for input - i'll wait for 4.9.0 compatibility vbox is not critical service for me

• Not sure of it though, the problems started appearing after yesterday (02.02.) update - I didn't notice any omv or plugin specific updates but what it looked like general ones for OS. I'm sorry now I didn't write it down I'm pretty sure backport 4.9.0 was among theese. Anyways, upon reboot OMV wouldn't connect to phpVirtualBox throwing error: Source Code (9 lines)Any attempt to disable phpVirtualBox is met with Bad Gateway error and ultimately spits this out: Source Code (18 lines) This is what …

• SMBD flooding syslog

QSx - - General

Anybody?

• SMBD flooding syslog

QSx - - General

Since i've installed omv 3, syslog is getting filled with stuff like this: Source Code (50 lines)Two lines per minute - it's nothing horrible but makes looking for other stuff more difficult... Is this normal behavior or ? Edit: I've found this bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8269 It appears to be very old bug? But it's supposed to be fixed since 2011something... Anyone?

• After running omv-update those packages dissapeared I did notice something else however: Source Code (3 lines)Running apt-get update didn't fix the problem - is it safe to delete one of two entries or is there another way around it?