Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 640.

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

Blabla - - Plugins

Quote from subzero79: “This plugin is mostly at is current state and it will probably not be ported next release There are better alternatives atm, Check portainer. Other than that you can submit a pr to github for a change. ” Do you think you'll make a portainer plug-in? Or you will suggest to just install it using the official guide? Also: there is some way to manage my already running container with portainer? P.S. Can I contribute at the wiki in some way? I learned a lot throught those years…

• Quote from neurotone: “I think if we keep looking the web will find it ” I don't even know what software OMV is using to check the SMART data Quote: “ SMART 5 – Reallocated_Sector_Count. SMART 187 – Reported_Uncorrectable_Errors. SMART 188 – Command_Timeout. SMART 197 – Current_Pending_Sector_Count. SMART 198 – Offline_Uncorrectable. ” thanks!

• no one know the difference, or can link me some guide? I can't find anything usefull

• Up No one has some suggestoin?

• thanks a lot to both of your for your answers! Out of curiosity: OMV5 will be based on Debian 10 right?

• Quote from Mr.Onion: “Sounds promising! Any thoughts on how much ram is worth it for omv? ” I would go for 4 GB since the difference is really small. Quote from tkaiser: “you'll only get a beta OMV5 experience on the RPi 4 now ” Does OMV5 support ext4/ZFS? On github there is a huge discussione about OMV 5 only supporting BTRFS. I read that BTRFS doesn't go well with USB, can you confirm? I already have two friends interested in Rp4 and OMV!

• I was thinking about once a week a short test, e once a month for the long one. But I'm not sure if it can hurt the disk doing it so often. I never found a complete answer for that, and I think that a "suggest schedule" should be in the wiki since it's a rather complex argument.

• Hi everyone, I have 4 HDDs in my NAS. Everyone is already monitored, but I saw that there is also a schedule tab with 4 different type of self test. I wanted to ask a few things: 1) What's the difference between normal monitoring and self test? 2) Wich one should I do? Short, long, conveyance or offline? 3) How often should I do that? does it shorten the HDD life span? Thanks in advance for the help!

• The Piwigo Challenge

Blabla - - Docker

Great! I'll wait for the technodad guide than

• The Piwigo Challenge

Blabla - - Docker

Quote from HansGalliker: “Dear TechnoDadLife (what's your name really?) i am a great enthusiast of your videos and i installed omv, nextcloud and so on successfully. Piwigo i installed exactly following your instructions for Nextcloud (Mariadb and Docker Piwigo) and it works fantastic. For some days I give you an account for my album "Florida 19", so you can immagine how it works. cloud36.duckdns.org, user name: TechnoDadLife, PW: test. Yours Swiss enthusiastic. ” this you already have a working…

• Idea for huge poll to help users

Blabla - - Off-Topic

Yeah, i put 3 different sites, but I would go for poll.ly or quiz-maker. Waiting for some feedback, possibly from admin about the best section where put the poll, than I'll post it

Blabla - - Off-Topic

Just found this 3 sites: rkursem.com/poll/view.php?cmd=answer&id=abf7cbc73e7109eba poll.ly/#/LypAOXdr linkto.run/p/LZ9PNC9P This is, of course, a test. Are admins fine with this? I would add some options, then publish it. Which do you think would be better?

Blabla - - Off-Topic

I just had this idea after reading your post. The problem with the dockerhub most popular image is that most of them are meant for different uses case than OMV. Example: i doubt many ùomv users are interested in Oracle database enterprise edition. I'm looking for a strawpoll site that will let users add ther own option and has no expire date. Than I was thinking about creating a topic in the "my build" or "docker" section, and ask to stick it to the top so that new and old users can look at it e…

Blabla - - Off-Topic

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask if it would be possible to create a huge poll about the most used dockers. Since docker is now the suggested way to install things, I thought that huge like that will help users find new thingthat they can with their NAS/server with OMV! The ideal thing would be to let user add option to the poll since 20 options are just not enough. Otherwise does anyone know a strawpoll that let users add their options and will not close the poll after few days?

• video request

Blabla - - General

@TechnoDadLife I have a request: Could you please make a guide to set up ProtonVPN via OpenVPN on OMV?

• Not sure if it's possible on linux: you could create a virtual port that will have the you in the VPN lan. I still think that it would be way easier to recieve a correct ip from your VPN.

• Micro atx case with 6 3,5"bay?

Blabla - - My NAS Build

thanks that one is great since it has two front fans, it's a pity that there isn't a "silent" with sound bumper. Still a great case since for a micro ATX NAS. If I had to build a nas right now I would probably spend a little more and go for a mini itx with node 302 for a way smaller case thought.

• My final HW config

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Quote from Shinobi: “Quote from Blabla: “Out ou curiosity, why you're going for an i3 rather than a Pentium g5400? ” because i already had the i3... But it also has a better perfomance. Why would you go with the G5400? ” if you had to buy it new, g5400 cost is half the cost of the i3. Also has less power draw. I have a 4400 and it usually never go over 3/4% apart when using plex. i3 is way overkill if you use basic things like torrent, sonarr, samba. Still, if you already have it, there is no po…

• My final HW config

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Out ou curiosity, why you're going for an i3 rather than a Pentium g5400?

• My final HW config

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Blabla: “I would love an arm cpu as powerfull as snapdragon 855 with 6 sata ports and a 2,5gbps port, but it doesn't exist right now ” A NAS doesn't need a powerful CPU. At least not a powerful AP (NAS SoCs differentiate between application processor (AP) and communication processor(s) --> CP). See Marvell 7k/8k for example. Something with 7 SATA ports and 2.5GbE and a dual-core ARM is lying on my desk BTW: It's a Solid-Run Clearfog Pro with 2 additional PCIe atta…