Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 64.

• Move shared folder to other disk

Shinobi - - General

ok i figured out a good way. i move the shared folder to the other disk first by clicking "edit". then i use midnight commander and go to the mount points of the original location (srv/disk/folder...), select the files and move it into the shared folder directory again. I'm pretty sure thats the fastest way

• Move shared folder to other disk

Shinobi - - General

Hi, I want to move my shared folder folder from physical disk1 to physical disk2. If I edit the "device" of the shared folder, the folder itself get moved to the new drive, but not the data. How can I afterwards move the data as well? i can't see it in Krusader? Another option could be, to move the data first to another shared folder on the same disk. Let's call the folder "sharemover". Then change the device of the "tvshows" folder and finally move the data to the other disk. Only problem: The …

• Sonarr Web UI needs refrshh

Shinobi - - General

I'm having the same issue as well. Anybody experiencing the same? Sonarr is at least working fine, but it's really annoying and I would like to see the notifications on the bottom right... In the logs, there are no complaints or errors. Any suggestions?

• Ssd for config files.

Shinobi - - My NAS Build

I actually just moved my downloads folder to the ssd as well... If a download takes longer, the disk will not spin up

• my solution now are two jobs. 1.) systemctl docker stop 2.) sleep 15; systemctl docker start seems to work so far...

• I just realized that i have the same issue... is there a command to delay the start of the whole docker service? alternatively i want to start a few images a bit delayed and prefer not to do a restart

• Zyxel NAS 520 won't boot anymore

Shinobi - - General

- connect monitor, mouse and keyboard - login as root - type "omv-firstaid" - try to configure the network adapters and look for errors

• hd-idle still with UUID use?

Shinobi - - General

yes! it works

• Ssd for config files.

Shinobi - - My NAS Build

another advantage is, that you don't need to spin up your disks, if the docker containers are writing something in the config...

• Ssd for config files.

Shinobi - - My NAS Build

Its actually quite simple. Technodadlife made a video which i just followed... Simple process, but its up to you

• Move data from Synology NAS to OMV

Shinobi - - CIFS/SMB

Thanks, it actually works great with krusader... Just mounted the synology smb share and started moving

Shinobi - - General

Actually that is the case... Good idea. At least to test it and then see why hdparm is not working as expected. Thanks

• Ssd for config files.

Shinobi - - My NAS Build

No, the system sees it a different devices... The risk is, that you have it physically on the same disk... But you can backup the appdata on the wd drives. I'm also trying to do that... But before that i have some other issues to fix.

Shinobi - - General

X86. i3-8100T So in the hd-idle config file i should write the dev-disk-by-label identifier?

• Ssd for config files.

Shinobi - - My NAS Build

how big is the first SSD? you can partition it and install OMV on one partition and use the other as a sharedfolder (appdata). This is not recommended but it works.

Shinobi - - General

Hi, my WD Red 8TB disk will not spindown and i cannot seem to find out why. I followed this guide to install and configure hd-idle 1.04. forum.openmediavault.org/index…ith-the-OMV-plugin-Autos/ I also read somewhere, that UUIDs are not used anymore to address the disk. Is that correct? If so, what should I use instead? I also wanted to try iosnoop, but I couldn't find any installation guide yet. Maybe someone can write the commands down? Thanks a lot! BR

• Hi guys, my new NAS build isn't running as smooth as I want it. I suspect the CPU or MoBo is faulty. I have been using the build only for a few days, but I noticed that sometimes the PC doesn't startup. It starts the HDD and fans, but there is no video output or power to the USB devices. After a few seconds it shuts down and tries to start again... If you try it often enough, it will work at some point, but then I got this error message on screen and the PC shut down again. Question is: What cou…

• Move data from Synology NAS to OMV

Shinobi - - CIFS/SMB

Hi, I finally got my new OMV NAS running and now I need to move the data from my old Synology NAS. Is there a simple way or a docker plugin that allows me to mount the Synology NAS in OMV and then start copying the files from one to the other? If there are other solutions, I'm open for suggestions. Thanks a lot!

• My final HW config

Shinobi - - My NAS Build

Quote from crashtest: “Quote from Shinobi: “I will start small and build my way up from there... ” Would you consider buying a third drive and using SNAPRAID? SNAPRAID provides bit rot protection for local drives (works - tested), and a type of backup for file and folder restorations. (To the state they were in during the last SYNC.) Using Rsnapshot for your personal data, to backup important files from one disk to the second, you'd also have versioned backup which is the rough equivalent of CoW…

• Micro atx case with 6 3,5"bay?

Shinobi - - My NAS Build

the 304 is mini itx, but otherwise awesome