Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from ManuelM: “Now I want to mount a NTFS volume and I get the error: ” That's because the ntfs module has not been loaded how/what image/process did you use?

• Quote from keramart: “small success but still can't mount filestestem ” Ok explain to me what you have been doing because that array has 4 drives in it /dev/sd[bcde] Because yesterday this mdadm --assemble --verbose --force /dev/md127 /dev/sd[ade] returned this mdadm: /dev/md127 has been started with 3 drives (out of 4)

• Slow speeds

geaves - - Network

Quote from table681: “Both the NAS and the Computers are all connected by ethernet at 1 gigabit through my router. ” So everything is connected via ethernet cable to your router? Router make and model? Quote from table681: “All connected individually through sata 2 ” This implies older hardware, information on NAS?

• Quote from keramart: “a made reboot ” Why? don't reboot until it's resolved! ok omv-mkconf mdadm

• Ok you have md127 running with 3 drives? what's the output of cat /proc/mdstat the inactive-array error can be resolved as well, do not reboot!

• Ok looking at the above I can't help, whatever you have done you have successfully destroyed your data; From the mdadm conf there are 2 arrays specified md127 name=nas:127 and md126 name=nas:Raid6 mdadm --detail shows an inactive array md127 with 1 device /dev/sde even trying the following; mdadm --stop /dev/md127 mdadm --assemble --verbose --force /dev/md127 /dev/sd[ade] would fail anyway the output from fdisk shows 4 drives 3x500Gb and 1x1Tb whilst using mismatched drive sizes is not a problem…

• General advice for NAS/file server

geaves - - My NAS Build

Quote from ThomasH: “The performance gain would be from the mirror, ” What performance gain, the mirror will give you redundancy should one drive fail, plus you're losing space.

• Can you just run that on Raspbian Buster Desktop?

• Quote from raspi4: “I tried to set up OMV on a Raspberry Pi4, Debian Buster (with desktop) and no other software installed. I followed forum.openmediavault.org/index…OMV5-on-Debian-10-Buster/ ” That forum link is not for the Pi4!!

• General advice for NAS/file server

geaves - - My NAS Build

Quote from ThomasH: “Okay, so theoretically, I could have 2x4TB in a mirror for performance, ” NO, there is no performance gain using Raid + using Snapraid the drives are used individually, so 3x4TB = 2x4TB for data and 1x4TB for parity.

• What you wanted to do which was to replace a drive can all be done from the GUI, please follow this and post each output, but initially it doesn't look good; /dev/sdc Label=nas:Raid6 /dev/sd[ade] Label-nas:127 Non of the "Linux Raid Member" drives are not showing a filesystem /dev/sd[acde] Your fstab shows nothing between lines 14 and 15 which is where the raid would be located. You've tried to assemble using [bcde] I am guessing that you are trying to replace [a] You may have to boot with a liv…

• Boot problem with RPi Model B+

geaves - - General

Quote from cone: “Is it not possible to use this version with openmediavault? ” See post 2!!

• if you want to use Raid for USB there is no guide not even on here it makes no difference whether the drives are attached to a m'board or to USB it's the same procedure, it's just that using Raid on USB is just a bad idea, so if you do it and it goes 'tits up' don't call us we'll call you You need to to search for mdadm that is the software raid in OMV and Linux and you'll need the drives reference i.e. /dev/sda etc.

• Quote from geaves: “Quote from diyprojectz: “I am asking about the caddies, will it be enough to attach caddies to the metal case elements with ds tape, or do I have to screw them too or maybe use zip ties as suggested on reddit? ” Sorry if you can use screws then do so, if that's a problem the use zip ties, I just wouldn't trust ds tape. ” Another option is this I used this in my old server for 2 2.5 drives, I had no way to secure them but I had space to put them on top of the existing drive ba…

• Quote from diyprojectz: “I am asking about the caddies, will it be enough to attach caddies to the metal case elements with ds tape, or do I have to screw them too or maybe use zip ties as suggested on reddit? ” Sorry if you can use screws then do so, if that's a problem the use zip ties, I just wouldn't trust ds tape.

• Quote from Nuke: “hey. how i can use rpi4 as nas (omv) and same time as kodi player connected to my tv? want to sell odroid hc2 with omv only but dont understand how to use kodi on omv. i don't want to keep two sbc same time. ” Hm, I wouldn't say you can and I wouldn't say you can't but I understand why you want to do it, your best option would be to search for Kodi in Docker. TBH you have the best option, I have a Pi that runs just Kodi using an Emby plugin which communicates with the server.

• Quote from PeppaWutz: “Isn't it ? ” There is a link on the download page to sourceforge, there also seems to be 2 threads regarding the Pi4.

• Quote from ManuelM: “I installed the new raspberry pi 4 image on the omv download page. ” the image is on sourceforge

• Quote from gtj: “I didn't have particularly high expectations when I bought it but to my surprise it works according to specifications! ” Yes it will it's designed for use with Windows. Quote from gtj: “Before I put them into the enclosure, I formatted them on a Windows PC using diskmanager ” So the drives are formatted to NTFS? not a good idea. There's nothing strange on how OMV sees the drives, these units are fitted with a crude raid controller for them to work under Linux they will require a…

• I would still screw them to the caddy even if it's only 2 screws one in each corner.