Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• mellanox connectX3 card help

gderf - - Network

Don't focus on OMV for compatibility. It's Debian under the hood. My guess is that you will never see the speeds that a card like that is capable unless you have a large array of fast disks that are in a stripe set.

• Quote from Gre@T: “I tested the connection with the two given test site. None of them showing my real ip address. I am using Deluge 2.0.3-2 version. ” I'm stuck on Deluge 1.3.15. The latest is 2.0.3 but a must have plugin has not been ported to 2.0.3 yet.

• Try these commands in the shell or console: cd /srv ls -al Then identify the disk you want to look into and cd into it by its name.

• You could use the shell to navigate to the drive and then list the folders using the ls command. I would use ls -al for an abbreviated display. Or you could install a program like Midnight Commander that makes this easier (once you learn a bit of it). There are other similar file browser programs available too.

• Quote from remf: “I navigated through my network to see the shared folder I created. However it is not showing the folders i previously created on this hard drive when it was connected to another raspberry pi. ” The folders on a hard drive will not be visible on the network until you create shared folders for them within OMV and then also "share them out" via one of the network protocols such as SMB/CIFS.

• Docker start options

gderf - - Docker

I believe that TDL is referring to the Volume and Bind Mount options, particularly the /config Container path, the path to which you know because you set it yourself. I don't know where the Environment variables are stored though.

• I said you may see that red icon. Or you may not. You should be absolutely sure that you are really using the proxy though. See these pages for how to properly test this. http://ipmagnet.services.cbcdn.com torguard.net/checkmytorrentipaddress.php I leave those torrents loaded all the time and look at the status from time to time to verify that the proxy is really working and that I am not exposing my real IP address. Are you using Deluge 1.3.x or 2.x?

• You shouldn't need any port forwarding set in your router. I use Deluge docker with Socks5 proxy and don't have any ports forwarded. One thing you may notice is that you have a red no incoming connections icon showing but this is not a problem.

• Is the drive you moved the Docker Base Path to mounted exec enabled? The default for OMV is to mount data drives noexec.

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from Blabla: “Or you will suggest to just install it using the official guide? Also: there is some way to manage my already running container with portainer? ” Well, portainer is available as a docker. Install it that way. From what I have seen of Portainer, existing containers are imported into it. But unless I am missing something, I am unable to edit the Environment Variables or Volumes and Bind Mounts of those imported containers.

• General advice for NAS/file server

gderf - - My NAS Build

Quote from ThomasH: “It was my understanding that SnapRAID was some variation of RAID4, but I could be mistaken. ” You are mistaken. There is no striping involved and the parity creation is not done continuously on the fly, only on demand.

gderf - - Network

Quote from patman2097: “Is there a list of guranteed mellanox supported devices for OMV?? Can user here suggest some card models that work, there are so many diifernt model numbers on the market ” As already stated the most popular devices are supported out of the box. Those that aren't will require a driver. Your best be will be to use an Intel NIC, but always determine which driver it needs and verify that the underlying version of Debian that OMV uses provides it, if not verify Intel has the …

• Most VPN providers also provide a Socks5 proxy. NordVPN does too, so why don't you use it with a torrent client that supports it? nordvpn.com/tutorials/socks5/

• Did you compare the permissions and ownerships?

• IIRC, changing the docker base path automatically copies all the files and directories from the existing base path to the new base path. This can take some time. Once this operation is complete docker should restart and be running in the new base path. I do not think that anything is done with the files and directories in the old base path. You will have to delete them yourself after verifying that all your containers are working properly. You don't say how you copied the docker folder, but if t…

gderf - - Network

Have you looked around on the maker's web site?

• Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Quote from gderf: “As I said, this does not prevent those same ports from working on IPv4. Also, your VPN provider must support port forwarding if that is what you are trying to do. Not all VPN providers support this. From nordvpn.com/blog/port-forwarding/ Does port forwarding work with a VPN? Port forwarding and triggering could work with a VPN protocol in general, but not with NordVPN. ” I use port forwarding with Nordvpn. Port forwarding is just dependent on your in…

• SNMP to read temperatures

gderf - - SNMP

As I keep saying, it's all about the MIBs. You should read up on how SNMP works and then get a hold of the MIB file you need to make this work. Your board vendor should be able to help. net-snmp.sourceforge.net/wiki/…UT:Using_and_loading_MIBS supermicro.com/products/accessories/software/SNMP.cfm

• As I said, this does not prevent those same ports from working on IPv4. Also, your VPN provider must support port forwarding if that is what you are trying to do. Not all VPN providers support this. From nordvpn.com/blog/port-forwarding/ Does port forwarding work with a VPN? Port forwarding and triggering could work with a VPN protocol in general, but not with NordVPN.

• The IPv6 and IPv4 stacks are separate. Something binding to a port on one stack does not prevent something from binding to the same port on the other stack.