Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Can't install OMV on NanoPi M4

crashtest - - General

Quote from ivan.vaskevych: “1. Headless OMV. It seems that the OMV image doesn't allow ssh out of the box. Am I wrong? ” You probably need to enable root login's. (If you could get there) That's done in the Web GUI at, Services, SSH, enable root logins. Quote from ivan.vaskevych: “Can't install it on armbian Stretch. armbian-config Softy install fails as below. Any idea why? openmediavault-omvextrasorg depends on openmediavault (>= 4.0.4); however: Package openmediavault is not configured yet. ”…

• Quote from henfri: “Guys, calm down. ” Full disclosure - he's been warned repeatedly.

• @tkaiser Your "context" is from a data center, which has next to no applicability to the average home user. Setting up E-mail notifications and simply enabling SMART works, it's hands off, and is enough for the average home user. Now, if you want to debate yet another niggling issue, look back through the posts in this thread and find something with another username attached. (Just don't bother me with it.)

• Wait a just a minute... I told users that your "out of the box", seemingly almost "overnight" image was a BETA. I said that things might be broken... (I'm not going to add a bunch of links here like you do, those who follow this R-PI thread and others will know.) And you said all that was "BS". Really? You bixched and moaned non-stop through several posts about your image being fine, "official" and all that. (BS in any case, but whatever.) You even insisted and pushed ryecoarron to upload it. Th…

• Help Me Please! Proxmox and OMV Raid

crashtest - - General

While it's becoming tiresome to do so, @blobblio , I'll offer an apology for our forum "moderator" idiot. If you want to, we can take this thread into a PM. It's call a "conversation" and it's available in the upper left of the web page. My Sincere Regrets and, Regards.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Unfortunately @crashtest loves to sabotage development work ” You must be a complete freaking idiot - incapable of being able to distinguishing between reality and these pitiful little fantasies. How do I sabotage "development" work? I haven't submitted code on Sourceforge, for OMV, on one single occasion. Let's do this in an analogy that users will understand (You? I have my doubts): Coders are to software, as Automotive Engineers are to cars: Automotive Engineers design ca…

crashtest - - General

OK, axxwipe, I see you're at it again. So what's this all "snapshot/symbolic links" about on githut? Here's another. Oh, that couldn't be true, uh? Everyone must be wrong, right? There's no problem there, no symlinks involved in snapshots - everyone must "imagining" the symbolic link error. Now let's talk about COMMON SENSE which you don't appear have; we're also talking about home users and avoiding potential issues which is easy if using some (common sense). Again, this isn't about you, your l…

crashtest - - General

Sorry for the delayed response. Quote from blobblio: “Sorry for my English. ” Your English is better than my Google translations. __________________________________________________ The first thing to note is that nesting one COW filesystem (BTRFS), inside another (ZFS) might work, but I have doubts. Performance would likely be poor, and there's a limit to the level's of symlinks allowed, resulting from snapshots. A setup like that might run into both. With ZFS running at the top (Proxmox), guest…

• While this event fresh in mind, think real hard about "backup" as in two full copies of data you want to keep. As you now know, RAID is not backup.

• Quote from ThomasH: “At work I've got a W10 computer with some kind of mirror on it, I assume it's some newer Intel RAID implementation since it's a fairly new MB with an Intel CPU on it, but I don't know. ” If the PC was running RAID"0", on 2 disks, that's another matter. RAID0 is what I call the "insane" array - if either of the two disks has an issue or fails, it's all over. RAID0 stripes data across two disks, in a way that is similar to RAID5, but without parity, so you get parallel I/O fro…

• Quote from Shinobi: “Ok thanks. Yes I saw the page, but it didn't really say which one they recommend... ” If there's a choice, always go with one that doesn't have caveats. (EXT4 or XFS) Quote from Shinobi: “So, I would need to move all my data away from the disk in order to reformat it in ext4, right? ” I don't think I understand. A SNAPRAID parity drive has no other purpose than to be a parity drive. You'll need an extra (empty or wiped) disk for this function and it needs to be as large, or …

• Have you tested throughput from a single disk, versus a RAID1 mirror, on the same PC? There's no noticeable performance gain. While 2 disks are involved, it's still single disk I/O that's duplicated to a 2nd drive. If you setup RAID5, with a few disks reading and writing in parallel, that's a different story. (But I wouldn't do it.)

• Quote from macom: “You can also create an rsync job in the GUI of OMV: Services > Rsync > Add The job can be scheduled at certain time or in certain intervals ” That's a good point. I'm getting so used to setting a CL in Scheduled Job's, I forgot about using Rsync in the GUI, locally, with shared folders.

• I think this may be what you're looking for. Change the IP to your server's IP and use an RDP client to connect. forum.openmediavault.org/index…9aac5387e302b73c74407b6b8

• A. Yes. You can do it with Rsync, and the command line can be set in Scheduled Jobs for automation and keeping it in the GUI. An example command line: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DATA1/Documents/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DATA2/Documents/ The left side is the source and the right side is the destination. This creates a simple mirror of the contents of the folder "Documents". --delete removes files in the destination that are not in the source. It might be best to leave --delete out du…

• Quote from Shinobi: “is there a reason to do that? ” You could do it (BTRFS and SNAPRAID) but it's kind of redundant and needlessly complex. SNAPRAID does more than BTRFS simple volumes. If using SNAPRAID, a simple file system would be best (EXT4 or XFS) and perform better. See the SNAPRAID page and the section titled: Which file-system is recommended for SnapRAID ?

• Quote from gett: “Yes. All shares working on Win 10. I mounted all disks. ” That's what matters. As long as you don't forward server ports to the internet, you should be fine. If you're new to OMV, you can look at this guide and compare it what you've done.

• Quote from serkan190: “How to back up the memory card ” There's a process for cloning SD-cards in this -> guide. OS backup starts on page 75 (in this version). If your language is not English and there is no link to your language, follow the link to the translation page. Your language should be there.

• SNAPRAID takes the best feature from RAID5 (the ability to recreate a failed disk) and adds a lot of highly desirable features to include protection from bit-rot, file and folder restoration, and others.

• User can only access one share

crashtest - - AFP

And yet, I'm guessing the user who originated this thread has the same problem - that your "advice" broadcast solved nothing. Forum support is not; "this is the way it is" and, essentially, "deal with it". That's not why users post here. A solution to an odd issue may be needed. Usually that requires a dialog, not a broadcast. Good grief, the OCD is an overpowering force, uh? New users and actually getting a result in a thread becomes meaningless, because you simply can't help yourself, can you?…