Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 33.

• Can't install McMyadmin 1.2 plugin.

rabcor - - Plugins

think it was 2.4 or something, I checked last night but I forgot what precisely, just 2. something. It said stone burner.

• Can't install McMyadmin 1.2 plugin.

rabcor - - Plugins

I get this error when I try to install openmediavault-mcmyadmin: (Hidden Content) How do I fix it?

• Samba stopped working

rabcor - - CIFS/SMB

@tekkb so if you can't beat em, join em?

• Samba stopped working

rabcor - - CIFS/SMB

Yeah, everyone's doing it, I should totally do it too, right? (My facebook use is extremely limited and completely compartmentalized, nothing goes in there from me unless I decide to share it, I only log in to facebook from a smartphone ever, never from my computer, and to be honest I may just drop facebook entirely, I only use it's messenger function, and very rarely) speech recognition has been around since Windows Vista in Windows, Cortana just took it to the next level... I've never been a f…

• Samba stopped working

rabcor - - CIFS/SMB

Oh it's not the functionality of it, it's not the looks either. It's Microsoft's new policies of violating all the basic human rights they can find to violate. I mean since around Windows XP people have been making rumors about them being in bed with the NSA, and by the time of Windows 8 actual governments joined the list of those accusers which was a pretty huge red light... And they've never worked really hard to deny it (obviously not that opposed to the idea...) by Windows 10 though they are…

• Samba stopped working

rabcor - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from subzero79: “Quote from rabcor: “I copied one of the lines on /tmp with /tmpfs in fstab from the arch wiki that looked like it had been given the most though” ARCH wiki is very good, tons of information well organized and presented. But looking at that specific configuration there is no justification at all for closing tmp 700, unless you run all services as root or user uid 648, something unthinkable considering privilege division, different daemon usernames etc. ARCH wiki should be t…

• LUKS disk encryption plugin

rabcor - - Plugins

@igrnt Perhaps a function could be implemented to the plugin to for example select and unlock more than one drive at once in the webui, trying the same passphrase for all selected drives?

• Samba stopped working

rabcor - - CIFS/SMB

@subzero79 which one? I have OMV Extras installed but I don't see any reset permission utility in the plugin list. But if you mean the reset permissions utility that's in the shared folder management menu then I tried that one, and it fixed my problem, thanks! Guess this is as far as this thread goes, everything is working the way I want now. Thanks a lot for your help guys!

• LUKS disk encryption plugin

rabcor - - Plugins

I just finished setting this up on my system, all went without a hitch with 2X3TB Hard Drives (not in raid) But now I'm wondering since both drives have the same passphrase, if there's any way I could unlock both at once (i.e. enter the passphrase once rather than twice to make my life easier)?

• Samba stopped working

rabcor - - CIFS/SMB

@subzero79 urgh I hate these mailing lists, what is this the 90s? But I guess you're right. I've got another problem now though, I finally set up LUKS encryption on all my drives (yay), but write permissions aren't getting across, e.g. I can't read/write from windows, only read the shares even if permissions are as discussed before (e.g. 2755 for the drives and 2755 for the shares) and the User is also in samba's settings as a valid user and on the write list.

• Samba stopped working

rabcor - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from subzero79: “Quote from rabcor: “,uid=648,gid=648,mode=1700” Where specifically did you get this idea? noexec is fine but this specifically?” I copied one of the lines on /tmp with /tmpfs in fstab from the arch wiki that looked like it had been given the most thought, then altered the directory from some /www something to /tmp. I know that was a stupid thing to do and copy paste jobs without audit is a very bad practice, but what can I say, I was in a hurry and at least we learned some…

• Samba stopped working

rabcor - - CIFS/SMB

I managed to recreate and solve the problem this time by being more careful for every step I take testing it (and testing reboots after I change stuff). The cause was my /tmp setting which was like so: Source Code (1 line) After setting it and rebooting I encountered the problem again, I unmounted /tmp and samba worked again. This was a copy paste job I forgot to actually test properly, so my bad (although I wasn't aware that samba relied on /tmp, how does samba use /tmp?) Things work gain with …

• Samba stopped working

rabcor - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from subzero79: “Not really. But if you install Debian you can use in the os disk lvm which has block level snapshots or btrfs with Fs snapshots. The latest one is not trivial to do it because the rootfs has to go on subvolume. But you'll find guides to that in the web” Sounds like a major pain... Guess I'll just have to set things up and hope for the best then or just never update after I'm satisfied... Btw reinstalling fixed the problem, haven't done further testing, given the sudden nat…

• Samba stopped working

rabcor - - CIFS/SMB

Well, I can't stay locked away from my files longer than this, I haven't even finished working with them (gotta set up LUKS), so I guess I'll have to reinstall and start from scratch... but to be prepared to quickly fix this kind of problem if it ever crops up again, is there any way I could prepare a snapshot of a working OMV system to fallback to in case something goes wrong?

• Samba stopped working

rabcor - - CIFS/SMB

@subzero79 I tried running it with the enclosing parentheses but I got the same results, I was running as root (You can see I was as root in the pastebin) this command is executing weirdly, but the share dir is 2775, the root dir (drive) is 2775 and /media where the drive is mounted (if that's relevant) is 0755.

• Samba stopped working

rabcor - - CIFS/SMB

null the only thing I changed is the workgroup name, everything else is default in the webui, I haven't done any config from SSH either. I did recently restructure what I was sharing (i.e. I initially shared the entire drives, now I have it more compartmentalized) but the setup is the same as it was the last time it was working as far as my shared folders go. @subzero79 Hmm things are probably getting weird here: pastebin.com/e0jcZ9zD If you were just wondering about permissions though, then the…

• Samba stopped working

rabcor - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from subzero79: “I think you could have out of sync smb password. Try in ssh smbpasswd rabcor give a new password try login again” This did not fix things either, smbpasswd also ran without any errors. I wouldn't mind reconfiguring samba from scratch if that's what it takes, is there any way to completely reset it to the installation defaults?

• Samba stopped working

rabcor - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from Wolf2000: “Hi forum.openmediavault.org/index…da86c96519f52d56e63129225” Yeah I tried that, I tried using VAULT1 (hostname of OMV) as the domain name and local (domain name according to webui) nothing worked.

• Samba stopped working

rabcor - - CIFS/SMB

@ryecoaaron This had no effect. @Wolf2000 what? If you're talking about the credentials manager, I don't see how that would have an effect (besides automation of login...)

• Samba stopped working

rabcor - - CIFS/SMB

Yeah restarting did nothing, I tried logging into the new account first this time, and basically now I get the aforementioned error when I try to log into the original account instead. For the record, this is the error I'm usually getting (i.e. the one that is actually bothering me) 9sdFHOE.png I'm gonna check on my laptop now, but the one thing in particular I am noticing is that the domain name (NECEMBEL\Username) is the hostname of my Windows machine, is this normal? Update: Exact same issue …