Search Results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

• Duplicati web browser interface is telling me there is an update available. Dialog message at the bottom of the screen : Found Update New Update Found 2.0.4.5_Beta_208-11-28 Show Install Dismiss My current version on the 'About' page is 2.0.3.3_Beta_2018-04-02 When I Click on the 'Install' a 'Downloading' bar flashes in the dialog, then reverts back to the initial dialog box. How do I update Duplicati ? I do have shellinabox installed.

• OMV4 on RPI3B+ Need to sync my NAS folders to my GoogleOne Drive insync seems to be the right option, and located the RPI version : inanimate/rpi-insync No info on the DockerHub page, so looked at tiredofit/insync for the port numbers, and how to get the Auth Key from google at : goo.gl/jv797S All worked great and insync is connecting and sync'ing data to the online googleOne drive. BUT ... if I disconnect from the internet and change to another router, or even just restart the RPI for any reaso…

• Apple Filing - disabled but Running ?

DaveOB - - General

If I look at Services > Apple Filing, it shows General Settings > Enable > Off ( grey ) But when I go to Diagnostics > Dashboard, in Services it shows Apple Filing as Not Enabled ( grey ) but also Running ( green ) Is Apple Filing part of the core of OMV that it is running ? I only use Windows PCs on our home nexwork - do I need Apple Filing ?

• ARM equivalent for Cloud Commander ?

DaveOB - - General

SUCCESS !!! The solution was : hub.docker.com/r/valentinalexeev/rpi-cloudcmd Looks like it works the same as Cloud Commander. Many Many Thanks to the gurus crashtest and tkaiser

• Docker on rPi3B+ not working

DaveOB - - Docker

SUCCESS !!! The solution was : hub.docker.com/r/valentinalexeev/rpi-cloudcmd Looks like it works the same as Cloud Commander. Many Many Thanks to the gurus crashtest ( on another post ) and tkaiser

DaveOB - - Docker

<quote> BTW: Etcher isn't destroying SD cards. Most probably a simple coincidence and your SD card died for the usual reasons (e.g. old or counterfeit card) <end quote> Yes, it was a reasonably aged card and had been used etensively in a 3D printer for around 3 years. My apologies to Etcher for implying it was at fault. The cause was most certainly either 'Murphy's Law' or a User "ID 10 T" error. Thanks for clearing up the confusion about the different platforms

• ARM equivalent for Cloud Commander ?

DaveOB - - General

Hi All Using RPi 3B+ and OMV4 Recently loaded Docker and Cloud Commander. After hours of struggling, the guru's educated me to understand the x86 apps, like Cloud Commander, are designed to run on x86 systems and not ARM systems. Googled a load but can't find a decent list of what apps can be used in Docker containers, and what they actually do. Many of the app names give little hint of what they actually do. Anyone able to suggest decent ARM apps that would work like a file explorer ?

DaveOB - - Docker

Thanks again. I think the problem with Etcher was that I bumped and dislodged the SD card adaptor on my PC during the verify process. After that the SD card was dead. So I wasn't wanting to risk destroying another SD card. For the 'exec format' problem, do I understand correctly that it isn't a problem related to the Docker platform itself, but actually a problem with the apps being loading in to the containers being for x86 instead of ARM ? Thank you again for your guidance

DaveOB - - Docker

Thanks tkaiser. Really appreciate the reply and insight I did use the RPi image you mentioned, but the first time I tried with Etcher, it brick'd my SD card. Had to buy a new card, so extracted the image and burned it using Rufus Ran the weakref fix you supplied and don't see any obvious errors : Source Code (10 lines) <quote> You're trying to run an x86 container on ARM. You need an armhf variant instead. <end quote> Are you talking about the containers like filezilla and Cloud Commander ? If s…

DaveOB - - Docker

Hi All OMV4 on rPi 3B+ Static IP 192.168.1.135 Completely new user. Excited to get my NAS running and connecting from my win PC, etc. I am having a problem to get Docker running, which, from what I understand, is the 'platform' that many other apps run on as 'containers' ( hope I got that right ) did installation for the OMV4 version as instructed here : omv-extras.org/joomla/index.php/guides It failed with this info : Source Code (3 lines) used Putty to login as root and ran : dpkg --configure …

• Thank You KM0201. Much appreciate the details reply.

• Quote from KM0201: “It should pick up a USB just fine. ” let me rephrase the question : If I connect a new blank drive to the USB, will OMV be able to partition and format the drive, or do I need to first connect the drive to my PC to perform the partition and format ?

• About to jump in to OMV, but am curious to know if OMV is able to format and partition a drive connected to the USB port ? Searching always seems to discuss the SD Card, but not an external drive. Or do I need to Format and Partition the drive on my Windows PC first ( and if so, what file system to use ? ) Regards

• Noob questions

DaveOB - - General

Quote from wolf8auer: “The raspberry pi however is a bad choice because it is too slow. ” Thank You for the reply and info. If the primary function is only for file storage ( old photos, etc ) should the Pi be sufficient for the task ?

• Noob questions

DaveOB - - General

Hi All. Total noob so some dumb questions. Am looking for a simple system to connect to a home LAN with an external drive to store files and backups for 2 home PCs. Having a folder or partition for media files would also be an advantage. I have a Raspberry Pi running OctoPrint for my 3D printer, but no real experience with Pi's Questions : Is the OpenMediaVault a complete OS for the Pi ? Does the Pi need another OS on it's SD card to boot from ? Can the OS be run from the SD card so I can change…